Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albert Jarrett

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Even an educated idiot can see that to play for an extra 3 minutes givesa greater chance of success. If not why have we lost so many goals during the 2 or 3 minutes added on time.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Surely Jarrett has played up front a number of times this season when we were playing 4-2-4 with Carole and Jarrett on the wings.

Anyway, it seemes a fine decision to me, Jarretts very quick. Before the game people were speaking about Saints lack of pace at the back. So with their defence tired and Jakey nackered it seemed very logical to me.

However, I do not know how quick Gatting is, if he is just as quick then I'm happy to accept it was maybe questionable!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree Turkey.

Btw Kinks - remember you said to me after the match how impressed you were with Lynch?
He played out of position yesterday.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I thought we were looking the most likely to win yesterday and Robinson was having a blinding second half. Everything did go wrong when we brought on Jarrett and put him up front, no one around me could fathom it out ..... I do believe this cost us the game yesterday. Could we not of taken Carole off as he was clearly having one of his worse games compared to the standards he's set himself.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Turkey said:
Surely Jarrett has played up front a number of times this season when we were playing 4-2-4 with Carole and Jarrett on the wings.

Anyway, it seemes a fine decision to me, Jarretts very quick. Before the game people were speaking about Saints lack of pace at the back. So with their defence tired and Jakey nackered it seemed very logical to me.

However, I do not know how quick Gatting is, if he is just as quick then I'm happy to accept it was maybe questionable!

Mccammon was shattered and looked like he had a knock

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Scotty M said:
yes - playing wide left, the position he is used to. at 1-1 with us holding on, there was never likely to be the chance for him to whip in a cross of that quality. we needed players who could keep posesion, not ones who run at people with a chance of losing it

A player who could keep possession? Gatting is hardly a good choice for that is he? Hes built like a 12 year old and he probably would have just run at prople and lost the ball.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
KinkyHitler said:

Mcghee got it wrong again with the subs.

Yes its becoming worrying how his substitutions (or lack of in some cases) are costing us points.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
the right footed denilson said:
how can Jarrett, a midfielder, coming on for a striker, really have cost us the game? :S

maybe cost the game is harsh , but we went from a real attacking threat to not looking like we had much clue up front, this meant we inevatably got on the back foot and ultimately conceded .
Before the change I honestly could see us sneaking a 2 - 1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here