Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albert Jarrett

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
why he ever came on i will not know - he did nothing. if anyone was going on for jake, it should of been gatting who is actually a striker

shocking decision from mcghee

Shocked for what reason?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Was just about to make the same thread.

Substitution cost us a point. Yes, put Jarrett on the left wing for Frutos (who wasn't having a great game), but to take a striker off for a winger seemed odd.

Also, why wait until the 91st minute to bring Gatting on? I know 5 minutes ins't very much, but 5 minutes with 2 strikers is more likely to result in a goal than 5 minutes with 1

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Jake shoudln't have been brought off*. He was the onlt one making runs, getting in space and making himself availalable. He gave us an outlet that we didn't have after he went off, which is why the ball came back to us so quickly.

*Especially for a left winger whose mental game is shaky at the best of times.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
London Irish said:
Shocked for what reason?

that he is a left sided winger. 1-1 away at southampton would of been a fantastic result, so obviously the senisble thing to do is introudce a player out of position for the last 10 minutes:dunce:

KinkyHitler said:
As you have a like for like on the bench

As you think Jakey is shit, is that you calling Gatting shit then? :lolol:

Jakey did very well today, DIDN'T HE KINKY, providing the movement with Big Mac providing the target. Jake's movement created our goal to a great extent.

But Jake did look to be tiring with that running workload and Jarrett was brought on to chase the balls into the corner. Alas, there wasn't enough of them as the Saints midfield had got control of the game by that stage.

But to say this cost us the game is absurdity of the highest order. It confirms to me beyond all doubt that if this is the best bit of anti-Magoo scapegoating the usual suspects can come up with, then the team had a decent performance today :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
jake was very good today, but he was knackered - still, bringing a midfielder on in attack was a ridiculous decision. surely gatting would of been a better option, as when he finally did come on, he looked good off the ball and seemed to know where it was going - and that would of relieved the pressure more than hoping that jarrett would be switched on enough to get the ball and get it in the corner

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
As you think Jakey is shit, is that you calling Gatting shit then? :lolol:

Jakey did very well today, DIDN'T HE KINKY, providing the movement with Big Mac providing the target. Jake's movement created our goal to a great extent.

But Jake did look to be tiring with that running workload and Jarrett was brought on to chase the balls into the corner. Alas, there wasn't enough of them as the Saints midfield had got control of the game by that stage.

But to say this cost us the game is absurdity of the highest order. It confirms to me beyond all doubt that if this is the best bit of anti-Magoo scapegoating the usual suspects can come up with, then the team had a decent performance today :clap: :clap: :clap:

Decent performance gets you how many points?

Scotty M said:
that he is a left sided winger. 1-1 away at southampton would of been a fantastic result, so obviously the senisble thing to do is introudce a player out of position for the last 10 minutes:dunce:

Very wooden thinking. His skills made him the far more likelier sub than a youth teamer. Jarrett is quicker and has better ball skills.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Very wooden thinking. His skills made him the far more likelier sub than a youth teamer. Jarrett is quicker and has better ball skills.

Really showed it when he hardly touched the ball and miscontrolled it into touch twice.

KinkyHitler said:
Decent performance gets you how many points?

None today Kinky.

KinkyHitler said:
Really showed it when he hardly touched the ball and miscontrolled it into touch twice.

So that makes him a shit player, then? Didn't you go to Sheff Wed and watch him create the equaliser for us as a sub at the end?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
So that makes him a shit player, then? Didn't you go to Sheff Wed and watch him create the equaliser for us as a sub at the end?

Yes i did thank you, when he came on in midfield.:lol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
London Irish said:

yes - playing wide left, the position he is used to. at 1-1 with us holding on, there was never likely to be the chance for him to whip in a cross of that quality. we needed players who could keep posesion, not ones who run at people with a chance of losing it

Scotty M said:
as when he finally did come on, he looked good off the ball and seemed to know where it was going - and that would of relieved the pressure
You could tell all that from about 2 minutes play and one ball put into our half? Blimey. :D

I'm sure Gatting is a decent prospect. But Jarrett has the experience and has played up front for us before (scored at Crewe I think on the breakaway when playing as a striker) and for other teams.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
You could tell all that from about 2 minutes play and one ball put into our half? Blimey. :D

I'm sure Gatting is a decent prospect. But Jarrett has the experience and has played up front for us before (scored at Crewe I think on the breakaway when playing as a striker) and for other teams.

Being 3-0 down at the time.

Mcghee got it wrong again with the subs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here