Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Alarm bells started ringing at the first training session when they told me I'd be w

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Most League 1 and 2 clubs operate a system where the players wash their own training kit. Loan players, who are usually based in hotels, get their's laundered. It's never been an issue before, but I guess SPL clubs launder players' training kit and GS was used to it.

OK then that’s another incentive to get their arses in gear and win promotion; they will get all the laundry done.
Poor lads, they will have to learn to feed themselves next!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So, are you saying that Lawyers, Bankers, Doctors and others on 'good wages' also shouldn't be expected to wash their own workclothes? What has wages got to do with whether or not you should do this? And where does it end - will the management and training/support staff expect the same?

No, what I am saying is that professional footballer's generally do and should have there kit supplied and cleaned for them.

It is what is generally expected by that profession and the wages are relevant to what makes a player either a professional or not.

You must remember historically BHA as other clubs have always washed and supplied kit for their players, some clubs might demand that players turn up in certain clothes, such as club tracksuit or blazers or smart casual with a no jeans rule, before changing into their training kit, but very few would demand the player should then clean own kit after.

I agree that I do not think this one quirk is necessarily critical to winning on a Saturday, but it can be seen as a little amateurish definately.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Maybe he did, however the comment was more of a overview of how he felt the club was run, he is implying unprofessionalism.

Not sure about that, probably another player disappointed at his own form.

But I think proferssional footballers should have their training kit supplied, cleaned and ready for them.

You cannot pay good wages on the one hand whilst then showing an element of amateurism on the other.

I understand the implication but I still think it's a grossly misjudged quote to come out with, it smacks of footballer who doesn't live in the real world and I can't believe it would ingratiate him to fans of his new club. The truth is, as a club we possibly could be more professional and wash training kits, but the idea of stating that, as a professional goalie, you knew things were 'bad' when you were told you had to do it yourself is a ridiculous thing to say.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I just love the phrase 'alarm bells'

it's like at the end of the first training session, graeme go back o the changing rooms, get dressed and passes his nicely folded kit to russel who then says "oh, yeah, sorry smithy. Forgot to mention you new to clean your kit yourself, see you tomorrow"

imagine the UPROAR in graemes head. "what the f*** is this?!?!?!"

I say he is a trooper for sticking with such amateur practices for so long. He probably would have ended up fumbling his newly cleaned items onto the dirty floor anyway or spilling the vanish.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's only been gone two weeks and already he's been in two media articles slating this club.

I'd find myself just putting it down to one of those things, but he's fast turning into a charmless twat, IMO. At least Leon Knight actually contributed a good deal of positivity to the club before he turned to the dark side. This bloke was comedy SHIT from the word go, as his 3 goals per game stats prove.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I understand the implication but I still think it's a grossly misjudged quote to come out with, it smacks of footballer who doesn't live in the real world and I can't believe it would ingratiate him to fans of his new club. The truth is, as a club we possibly could be more professional and wash training kits, but the idea of stating that, as a professional goalie, you knew things were 'bad' when you were told you had to do it yourself is a ridiculous thing to say.

I am with you on it, however it was an implication of unprofessionalism throughout the club and not the actual task of cleaning his kit that was the point he was alluding to.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
He's only been gone two weeks and already he's been in two media articles slating this club.

I'd find myself just putting it down to one of those things, but he's fast turning into a charmless twat, IMO. At least Leon Knight actually contributed a good deal of positivity to the club before he turned to the dark side. This bloke was comedy SHIT from the word go, as his 3 goals per game stats prove.

Spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here