Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Alarm bells started ringing at the first training session when they told me I'd be w

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
i think training kit is different to matchday kit.. course he can wash his own f***ing shorts.

saying he realised he should get out after conceding 30 in 10 games just shows up how shithouse he is, innit? needed to get out = not good enough!

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I just wonder if its a case of not owning the training facilities thus having knowhere to put a washing machine and a tumble dryer.

I'm pretty sure I saw on the Falmer plans a Laundry within one of the stands. Then again I'm all for players looking after there own kit. Gives them a bit of a reality check!

Lets face it most professional footballers earn enough to employ a house cleaner so its not exactly a massive job for them.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Is it really outrageous to suggest we could pay some old dear £7 an hour to wash some kit for 2 or 3 hours each morning? We seem to be ok with paying an ARMY of people to stand around in the club shop, and in comparison this minor expense would be far more worthwhile as it wouldn't make every player who signs for us immediately realise we're a joke club.

Most League 1 and 2 clubs operate a system where the players wash their own training kit. Loan players, who are usually based in hotels, get their's laundered. It's never been an issue before, but I guess SPL clubs launder players' training kit and GS was used to it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Is it really outrageous to suggest we could pay some old dear £7 an hour to wash some kit for 2 or 3 hours each morning? We seem to be ok with paying an ARMY of people to stand around in the club shop, and in comparison this minor expense would be far more worthwhile as it wouldn't make every player who signs for us immediately realise we're a joke club.

So how much difference do you think it would make to his performances if someone else were to have washed his training kit instead? - None!

It's just him trying to rebuild his confidence (can't really blame him for that) by diverting blame for his failure elsewhere and making excuses to explain it.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
only players who have left under a cloud have complained about having to wash their own kit, as someone previously said its a reality check and a good one at that.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
<waits for a joke about clean sheets> :whistle:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm not saying that one thing would make a difference. I'm saying that surely, as a professional football club where results are the be all and end all, you should do everything possible to make the lives of the people who can deliver you results as easy as possible.

to be honest I think what you are really saying is that anything you can find to knock the club with you will

nothing new there then

:censored:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm not saying that one thing would make a difference. I'm saying that surely, as a professional football club where results are the be all and end all, you should do everything possible to make the lives of the people who can deliver you results as easy as possible.

Good luck in the grown up world of employment, you'll need it with an attitude like that.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Do our players really still have to wash their own kit? For f*** sake, that's embarrassing. Are we not meant to be a professional football club?

why ??? I can wash my work clothes when I get home, why shouldn't footballers, when you are old enough to live away from the fairies who wash your clothes maybe you will realise its not actually that hard.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was astounded when i worked for WHSmiths and they asked me to sharpen my own pencils. I mean, this was a pencil and stationery store selling over-priced bunkum and mainstream books to those who failed to know better or were looking for a last-minute Christmas present for someone they didn't know that well or care for much and they were asking me to sharpen a pencil i very rarely used other than for doodling on pads i opened and stole from those aisles very few populate outside lunchbreaks. I walked out, i tells ya, and there was some poison in my departure. I wrote messages on a mostly unread and online chatzone for those who like to talk about Nigel Mansell autobiographies and any new paint/pencil colours made or named in recent months such as Angry Aubergine or Spilt Milk expressing my blunt-pencil-centred ire. I get the feeling my much-respected opinion of nothing in particular really shook the legs and spines of those in charge of the middle-range conglomerate that outlasted Woolworths and Borders leaving it to be the temporary HMV of the traditionalist MOR high-street won't-last-much-longer-undeveloped market. Now i wander the streets dressed provocatively looking for attention, but always working under a pseudonym if they happen to stop to ask who i am or why my clownish attire lacks the mirth of those i want to lightly mirror. I don't know why i started being this way. The friends i had said i ought to see someone, to talk about it, to say why i don't feel quite right as i am and need to growl, to paint things on my chest, to have odd things in my pockets that burst free and tender themselves to the public eye so the public wonder why and i prove myself to be as i am and back my opinion with the sort of vitriol i watched dictators on films use. But they never really knew me, this new me. Not properly. They didn't know the end result of these venomous screams i'd grow to vent louder. And i doubt you know either. But i'll make it, be as big as i believe and then dress and talk to people normally. Just when they least expect it. 1-0 to me.

Badger, aren't footballers pampered, molly coddled and far removed from reality enough already?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I was astounded when i worked for WHSmiths and they asked me to sharpen my own pencils. I mean, this was a pencil and stationery store selling over-priced bunkum and mainstream books to those who failed to know better or were looking for a last-minute Christmas present for someone they didn't know that well or care for much and they were asking me to sharpen a pencil i very rarely used other than for doodling on pads i opened and stole from those aisles very few populate outside lunchbreaks. I walked out, i tells ya, and there was some poison in my departure. I wrote messages on a mostly unread and online chatzone for those who like to talk about Nigel Mansell autobiographies and any new paint/pencil colours made or named in recent months such as Angry Aubergine or Spilt Milk expressing my blunt-pencil-centred ire. I get the feeling my much-respected opinion of nothing in particular really shook the legs and spines of those in charge of the middle-range conglomerate that outlasted Woolworths and Borders leaving it to be the temporary HMV of the traditionalist MOR high-street won't-last-much-longer-undeveloped market. Now i wander the streets dressed provocatively looking for attention, but always working under a pseudonym if they happen to stop to ask who i am or why my clownish attire lacks the mirth of those i want to lightly mirror. I don't know why i started being this way. The friends i had said i ought to see someone, to talk about it, to say why i don't feel quite right as i am and need to growl, to paint things on my chest, to have odd things in my pockets that burst free and tender themselves to the public eye so the public wonder why and i prove myself to be as i am and back my opinion with the sort of vitriol i watched dictators on films use. But they never really knew me, this new me. Not properly. They didn't know the end result of these venomous screams i'd grow to vent louder. And i doubt you know either. But i'll make it, be as big as i believe and then dress and talk to people normally. Just when they least expect it. 1-0 to me.

:lolol:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I just wonder if its a case of not owning the training facilities thus having knowhere to put a washing machine and a tumble dryer.

I'm sure this kit-washing thing is just a standing joke that's come up before? :shrug:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
After reading that, I'm rather glad he's pissed off. Whinge after whinge after whinge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here