Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Alarm bells started ringing at the first training session when they told me I'd be w

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
why ??? I can wash my work clothes when I get home, why shouldn't footballers, when you are old enough to live away from the fairies who wash your clothes maybe you will realise its not actually that hard.

What he said !!!

I guess anyone complaining about having to wash their own clothes probably still lives with their Mummy ! :p

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So aside from his total lack of ability, he is also a snivelling little weed with all the fight and mental strength of soufflé. It's amazing really, he is strengthening his case for being one of our worst signings of all time even after we've managed to get shot of him. :lol:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm afraid to say that Graeme Smith was one of the worst keepers I have EVER seen play for us. Not only was he a hopeless shot-stopper, he actually never really looked that interested. The defence quaked whenever the ball got into our penalty area as they knew the keeper was a liability. And I'm not sure his arguement that he convinced Slade he should be no. 1 is correct. I had to chuckle when I heard the reporter at the Hibs match yesterday say that Hibs had been lucky not to concede early on after Smith had brought down one of the opposition's forwards in the box!

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
I always thought Brian McKenna to be the worst BHA keeper I have ever seen, however after reading the sour faced jocko clown's comments I'm now firmly in the Greame Smith worst BHA keeper camp.

Good riddance.

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
I'm afraid to say that Graeme Smith was one of the worst keepers I have EVER seen play for us. Not only was he a hopeless shot-stopper, he actually never really looked that interested. The defence quaked whenever the ball got into our penalty area as they knew the keeper was a liability

Couldnt agree more mate id of rather of had Andy Peterson than that useless jock in goal

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Wouldnt it be great if players and managers told it how it is at times. Smith could have said, "I had a great season and brighton came in for me. To be honest it never worked out, the defence was leaking goals, I also made a few mistakes and Im here to get my career back on track"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, but DO the players wash their own kit tho? Face it, they're none too bright. Are they really wise in the ways of kit washing? One and only time I took me S1T top up the launderette it ripped the badge clean off :cry:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Yeah, but DO the players wash their own kit tho? Face it, they're none too bright. Are they really wise in the ways of kit washing? One and only time I took me S1T top up the launderette it ripped the badge clean off :cry:

Was that the top you recently melted (a bit) when you stuck it in the hot tumble-drier? :wink:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Most League 1 and 2 clubs operate a system where the players wash their own training kit. Loan players, who are usually based in hotels, get their's laundered. It's never been an issue before, but I guess SPL clubs launder players' training kit and GS was used to it.

Over 30 years ago playing staff had their training kit laundered for them, I think it was Wilson's Laundry and the Goldstone didn't have the facility there either, although I think they did at sometime later have machines there,

Kit nicely cleaned and put out each day for the pro's.

Some 30 years on our players have to clean their own kit, it aint no big deal maybe, but the perception by player's coming in might offer a different view.

Although my view is that Scholars should do menial tasks, I am not sure at a professional football club pro's that might be being paid £1000's per week should somehow have to do this task, it can represent unprofessionalism from the club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are well shot of a man who wasn't willing to fight for his place and can't seem to grasp that he was statistically the worst keeper that this rather lowly club has ever had. Less whinging more effort and backbone might have helped his cause. I do, however, understand the washing his own kit gripe though, he probably wasn't capable of hanging onto it long enough to get it into the machine or out of it for that matter.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
Ive never seen a goal keeper try to save so many shots with his legs, look at some of the goals and at least 1 goal a game went in becuase he's thrown a leg at it.

Its a shame really as i was really excited when we signed him, just goes to prove that IMHO we shouldnt have let Sully go

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Perhaps he could have paid someone to wash his kit out of the alleged £3,500 a week we were paying him...........

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Perhaps he could have paid someone to wash his kit out of the alleged £3,500 a week we were paying him...........

Maybe he did, however the comment was more of a overview of how he felt the club was run, he is implying unprofessionalism.

Not sure about that, probably another player disappointed at his own form.

But I think proferssional footballers should have their training kit supplied, cleaned and ready for them.

You cannot pay good wages on the one hand whilst then showing an element of amateurism on the other.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What a THICKO. just turn the clothes inside out and save half the washing time, or buy a new training top every day with his staff discount.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
You cannot pay good wages on the one hand whilst then showing an element of amateurism on the other.

So, are you saying that Lawyers, Bankers, Doctors and others on 'good wages' also shouldn't be expected to wash their own workclothes? What has wages got to do with whether or not you should do this? And where does it end - will the management and training/support staff expect the same?

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Maybe he did, however the comment was more of a overview of how he felt the club was run, he is implying unprofessionalism.

Not sure about that, probably another player disappointed at his own form.

But I think proferssional footballers should have their training kit supplied, cleaned and ready for them.

Have to say I totally agree with this. We are not talking about Sunday afternoons on Hackney Marshes here. Do they have to make their own halftime tea and slice the oranges too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here