Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Mullery

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Ernest said:
We beat Liverpool at Anfield, Southampton with Keegan etc at The Dell, Spurs at WHL, cannot ever see us being in that position in the Premiership.

Happy days!

09292006094806pmkc6.jpg

:clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
simonsimon said:
Mullery sacked a "YTS" bootboy who went on in later years to shag the current Prime Minister's wifes ex personal assistant.

Confirmed by the News of the World.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Mullery was a ****.
i dont want to get in a slanging match with you
but you are talking about a legend
if you knew anything about this club or cared
its the last thing you would be calling him

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
macky said:
i dont want to get in a slanging match with you
but you are talking about a legend
if you knew anything about this club or cared
its the last thing you would be calling him

Macky knows what he's talking about. The other *@%* doesnt

I'll be buying a copy from the shop and having Mullers sign it. He is quite simply the best and most passionate manager we have ever had. For me, and everyone who voted in the Argus dream team in 2005, he even nudges Mickey into 2nd spot.

And anyone who hates Selhurst Park as much as I do, will do for me.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Ernest said:
One of the worst too when Southampton and Spurs cheated us out of back to back promotions :angry: :angry: :angry:

How convenient!!

That last week was unbelievable

1-1 at Oldham - the ref ROBBED us up there - didn't we try to get on the PITCH?

1-0 v Charlton - 31,203 in The Goldstone - the North Stand was PACKED

2-1 v Blackpool - 33,431 - Fantastic stuff, spoilt by the news from the powder-puff game at The Dell - bastards

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
All of us older fans have happy memories of Mullery's four years in charge. But the decline of the Albion started when Cattlin was undermined by the board, sacked and then replaced by Mullery.

Mullery was in a difficult position as the board were really after giving the job to Barry Lloyd which they did after Christmas.

There was a rumour that Mullery took a big bung to sell Gary O'Reilly to Palarse for well under the going rate.

I await more flaming but there was huge criticism of Mullery when he moved Ward out. Personally I thought Mullery was getting things right when he moved Gregory into midfield and we won the final four games to stay up. Sadly he went in the close season.
Bailey ground out results but he was a backward step IMHO.
FA Cup R4 Brighton 0 Oxford (Div 3) 3. One result I know but it said a lot about the way we played.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
When is he at the club shop?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
bardo said:
Any one hear Alan Mullery on SCR this morning? About to do a couple of book signings for his new autobiography at Brighton and Horsham tomorrow. Described his years at Brighton as the best of his career, and as far as whether working for the Seagulls or the Eagles was concerned there was no contest. Alan Mullery - legend! :clap:

yer no contest, defintly eagles

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
mona said:
.... There was a rumour that Mullery took a big bung to sell Gary O'Reilly to Palarse for well under the going rate...

In the SCR interview he said he'd never taken a bung.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
bardo said:
In the SCR interview he said he'd never taken a bung.

No,he probably had to pay the bung to offload that donkey to the scum, top man :lol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Mullery must be ranked as the best Albion manager of all time, purely based on the facts. Promotion from Div 3 to Div 1. The style of football being played was excellent, he could spot a player... Steve Foster, Gary Stevens, mark Lawrenson. Don't forget The Albion did the double over the then European Champions in their first season in Div 1.

It thoroughly hacks me off when so-called fans have a poke at Mullery, the club treated him dreadfully the second time around.

I saw Mullers at a golf club near Horsham last year and he sat and chatted with us for a good hour, about the old times, the players, etc... He stated these were his best times in football and for a man who played for England, and at the highest level that is a great compliment. We should be paying homage to the man, not hammering him.

I believe the stands/entrances at Falmer (if it happens) should be named after club stalwarts.... I would vote for Mullery, Bamber, Adams and A.N. Other (probably Knight for the helping save the club).

D

Deleted member 2719

He is a bit of a church goer as he goes to one of my customers church.

:angel:

I never put him down as one.

???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mouldy Boots said:
He is a bit of a church goer as he goes to one of my customers church.

I never put him down as one.

He is one of those Born Again Christians.

How about him as Director of Football to guide Wilkins along and do mundane managerial duties without influencing team selection and allow Dean to spend more time on the training field with the players.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What happpened to Neil McNab. Did he move sideways?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here