Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aidy Boothroyd for Brighton BOSS

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I would sooner stick with MA he will bring us success once again , as he said he didnt know he had to be in the play offs by Christmas or words to that effect.
He actually said October. But the way its going, the only play offs he'll get us into will be the 4th divisions or the conferance play offs.

He's a shit manager. Look at his record after he left us, and wonder why he was assisant at Colchester, and why no other club went for him.

He is not a good manager. Accept it!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
anybody who looked at last season's team and felt it didn"t need strengthening is living in cloud cuckoo land. Whether wilkins could have conducted that strengthening is another question.

but amongst all the adult, logical debate put forward by hkfc at al, it doesn't escape the fact that the opening post could have seen a turdfest of a thread and it is more by luck than judgement that it hasn't turned out that way. Doesn't mean we'll be as lucky next time.

which in my opinion is a metaphor for wilkin's performance last year. Whether adams will be better is another matter - the jury is out on that. but he (like hkfc) does have a better track record of achievement

This is the bit I find confusing, defenders of the current situation saying it's Wilkins squad that is the problem and Micky needs time to put it right.

I can only presume he needs cash as well .. or is he just expected to be "lucky" like Wilkins ?

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
He actually said October. But the way its going, the only play offs he'll get us into will be the 4th divisions or the conferance play offs.

He's a shit manager. Look at his record after he left us, and wonder why he was assisant at Colchester, and why no other club went for him.

He is not a good manager. Accept it!

This is what micky adams has done since leaving brighton.

Despite Leicester going into receivership with debts of £30million and being banned from the transfer market until a takeover was completed, Adams was able to guide them to promotion back to the Premiership at the first attempt -they ended the 2002–03 season as Division One runners-up behind champions Portsmouth.

Not to bad with me that

Became coventry manager and in his first season he kept them up and in his second season they finishsed 8th.

All this he never has done anything once he left brighton i dont understand

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This is what micky adams has done since leaving brighton.

Despite Leicester going into receivership with debts of £30million and being banned from the transfer market until a takeover was completed, Adams was able to guide them to promotion back to the Premiership at the first attempt -they ended the 2002–03 season as Division One runners-up behind champions Portsmouth.

Not to bad with me that

Became coventry manager and in his first season he kept them up and in his second season they finishsed 8th.

All this he never has done anything once he left brighton i dont understand
I thought Dave Bassett was the manager and Adams no 2?

1066gull

Adams job is as safe as houses.

If Adams were to be sacked it would call into question the decisions made by at best the board in May, and potentially mean certain decision makers would have to go with the manager.

Never stopped Ince being sacked?

Blackburn had the opportunity of going for experience, they went for someone young and exciting who created a stir at the time.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Adams went there as the assistant boss and spent six months working under Bassett . In April 2002, just before relegation was confirmed, Adams was promoted to the manager's seat while Bassett became Director of Football.

The next season Adams was manager and got promotion

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If my mother had married my father's best man, I would have been a Boothroyd.

:blush:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And you may have been a Davina rather than a David with genetics etc.

very possibly.

Dads best man was a bit of a tearaway seemly, he was jailed in the Army for assaulting an officer :ohmy:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well this does prove that *if* Adams was to go there are loads of potential candidates for the job...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I am not happy with what Adams has achieved since he returned, he has been a pale shadow of his former self but I do not think this is the whole problem, the coaching side needs to be completely restructured. i want to see a young dynamic and aggressive coach prepared to push our players on to achieve the best they can, no more Mr. Popular. Wilkins fell out with players but was alway consistent and gave the players chances when they messed up, he was not their mate. I would love to see Sheringham, Speed or Saunders as boss with an experienced man second in command to back him up, keep investing in the youth set up and get our scouting up to scratch (what has Barry Lloyd achieved apart from increasing his air miles) Christmas is here and I think a bad Christmas will scupper Micky's return, very sad but realistically the only solution.

priesty

Jun 30, 2008
To those people 'in the know' about the Boothroyd......
Have there been any developments?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here