Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aidy Boothroyd for Brighton BOSS

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thank heavens for the voice of common sense.
I too, absolutely DEMAND that if we lose a game or, well, maybe in all fairness, a few games in the same month, then whoever the manager happens to be at the time should be SACKED, even if I thought he was doing okay a few games ago.

He should then be REPLACED by a manager whose name I shall draw at random from my favourite hat of managers I LIKE. I shall then enlist support from other TRUE FANS just like me, and ask them to pick names from their own list of favourite managers.

I shall then BOMBARD Dick Tight with random names from my new friends' list of managers, or shout them at him very loudly whenever he passes by.

If he still doesn't do anything after all that, there is only one course of action left to any reasonable person like me. I shall THCREAM and THCREAM until I am THICK.

:lolol::lolol::lolol: Spot on.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
OK. Most managers have been sacked at some point though haven't they. Not that I would want Boothroyd here in the unlikely scenario that Adams gets the tin tack in the near future, but one sacking doesn't necessarily equal bad manager.

Quite right, that also doesn't mean that Adams is a bad manager either does it?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Okay, now this isn't aimed at YOU specifically, but all those who continually trot out this piss-poor argument.

Last time, he needed a couple of years to REBUILD, because we were utter utter shit, and the squad needed to be completely rebuilt.

This time round there was no REBUILDING required, just IMPROVEMENT. We finished SEVENTH last season, not by FLUKE, or because the other teams felt sorry for us and gave us free points. That squad was a decent squad, not one in need of complete overhaul.

The board have brought in Adams and bankrolled him to recruit 4 championship players to add to that squad, which is subsequently playing WORSE than last year.

THAT is why people are rightly and understandably NOT impressed.

I wouldn't have a problem if it was aimed at ME specifically - I've a skin like a rhino! Anyway, I don't believe we got to 7th by fluke BUT I do think we played some dire football over the whole season. The team was built to suit Wilkins way of playing - far removed from how Adams likes a team to play. That means Adams needs to bring in players to achieve his style of football. He's made a decent start in getting some of these players but it isn't going to happen overnight. I also believe that Wilkins team would have got slaughtered if they HAD got to the Championship and we'd have come straight back down ( yes, I know I can't prove that ! ). I have faith that Adams is building a team to get us promoted ( probabably next season ) AND keep us up. I'd rather see a bit a dire football for a short period and come mid-table if it means a squad capable to keeping the team in a higher league for longer.

I'm also a bit bored of the constant change of manager - it doesn't build stability and means we will never really achieve anything except very short term success ( followed by regular failures ).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Maybe I'm on my own, but I believe making the step up to promotion contenders is HARDER than simply telling 20 donkeys to f*** off and starting all over again, as he did in 1999.

Quite correct.

In 2001 we had the SECOND largest playing and wage budget in the division (behind Bardiff) , and finished FIRST

This season we have about the TWELFTH largest budget, and are placed in roughly the same position.

It all boils down to MONEY, and unless someone comes up with a magic £20million from down the side of the sofa, we ain't going to get much better.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Micky's achievements at the Albion first time around will have brought him some goodwill with the board, so that will buy him additional time if things do go wrong.

The point needs to be made that much of the upturn in recent fortunes has been as a result of loan players like Johnson and Thornton. If Micky can get these players in long-term then no doubt we'll climb the table. If, however, they're out by January and have not been replaced then things could get difficult.

I don't think Adams should be sacked, and I don't think it should even be on the agenda. He's capable of bringing in decent players and getting some decent results but we need to be a much tighter unit, and we're shipping goals at the key turning points in matches, i.e. 5 mins before h/t, 10 minutes after h/t, final 10 minutes.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
all this about the league being tougher is a load of crap,but there is no way that mickey will get the sack !

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Quite correct.

In 2001 we had the SECOND largest playing and wage budget in the division (behind Bardiff) , and finished FIRST

This season we have about the TWELFTH largest budget, and are placed in roughly the same position.
Where do these figures come from? What is our playing budget, and how much does it differ from the largest? Or the smallest?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Quite correct.

It all boils down to MONEY, and unless someone comes up with a magic £20million from down the side of the sofa, we ain't going to get much better.

This is different to what I thought that DK said at the fans forum which was ' we have a competitive budget that is up with the better clubs of this division' if I have misinterpreted this i am sure that others present will put me right and point out the errors.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
anybody who looked at last season's team and felt it didn"t need strengthening is living in cloud cuckoo land. Whether wilkins could have conducted that strengthening is another question.

but amongst all the adult, logical debate put forward by hkfc at al, it doesn't escape the fact that the opening post could have seen a turdfest of a thread and it is more by luck than judgement that it hasn't turned out that way. Doesn't mean we'll be as lucky next time.

which in my opinion is a metaphor for wilkin's performance last year. Whether adams will be better is another matter - the jury is out on that. but he (like hkfc) does have a better track record of achievement

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
And becoming more and more so. Very little entertaining stuff anymore. Just "Please read what I've got to say, I'm moaning again and I know exactly how to run business and a football club, and manage and coach a football team".

:clap:

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
Most managers get sacked eventually. We are in a relegation battle now, as we have lost more games than teams above us, not because the referee bottled it yesterday. Adams has to go, especially if we dont get anything against Colchester.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Marshy, you are so right,thats why the Albion are struggling, but we should achieve a middle of table position in Div2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here