Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aidy Boothroyd for Brighton BOSS

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not impressed with Adams this time around but I fear we are stuck with him so talk of a replacement is clutching at straws. I expect very little, even when he has rebuilt the side which it seems could take a couple of seasons, the biggest problem is going to be to convince fans that it's worth paying money to continue watching the dross being served up most of the time. There are too many managers at this level who are better tacticians than MA for us to progress much imo.

If we end the season playing well in one game and shit in five it won't bode well for season ticket sales next season.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And becoming more and more so. Very little entertaining stuff anymore. Just "Please read what I've got to say, I'm moaning again and I know exactly how to run business and a football club, and manage and coach a football team".

:clap::clap::clap:

I'm getting a bit fed up of the moaners. It took Adams a season and a bit to rebuild last time but somehow he's expected to do it in a few months this time :rolleyes:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I must admit to having my doubts about MA. If it was anyone else other than MA, then I would say that nearly everyone on this board would have been calling for the managers head, cos to put it bluntly the performances have been very very poor.

What is saving MA is his past record on here and I guess that is correct. However, what worries me is that last time he rebuilt the team with basically that of a championship winning team in Fulham, plus the unbelievable piece of luck in getting Zamora. He wont get that lucky again.

I'm willing to give him to the end of the season (unless by Xmas we are in real danger of going down). It'll be interesting to see if the board really back him, by giving him funds to at least get one or two loan players in (other than Richards as that is a near certainty).

I just wonder if the players have belief in MA. Once that has gone, then its time for the manager to go. Just look at Spurs, Ramos didn't turn into a bad manager overnight, its just those same players who are playing well now lost faith in him. Time will tell.

As for Boothroyd. Forget it. He wont drop to league 1.

Please.

Micky should NEVER have come back.

Tactically he is a dinosaur who seems to have taken a team which finished SEVENTH, built on the squad with some half decent signings, and made us SHIT.

The squad IS better than last season.

We have one of the best forward lines in the League.

So why are we RUBBISH?

Anyone who says last season we over-achieved should take note that if we DID over-achieve then surely that is another feather in Dean Wilkins' cap that he got players playing ABOVE their ability not BELOW it like our current form.

We DITCHED one young, modern thinking, up-and-coming manager. Can we please get a knew one (Boothroyd) and stick with him.

Time you stopped your witch hunt-it is very f***ing tedious, as was your previous one against McGhee.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Boothroyd. Oh yes please. I'd love to see the goalkeeper launch it constantly to the centre forward week in week, week out. We fall into the long ball trap sometimes, but at least we normally start out with the best intentions..

There really are some clueless muppets here. Have you ever actually seen one of Boothroyd's Watford sides play, except for the odd highlights on TV? Just about sums up why nobody should take seriously people calling for Adams to go.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just about sums up why nobody should take seriously people calling for Adams to go.

So you can, hand on heart, say that you are not concerned that MA might, just might,not be the right man for the job. I don't suggest that you should be calling for his head but I admire your faith if you're not just a teeny bit concerned about him this time around

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So you can, hand on heart, say that you are not concerned that MA might, just might,not be the right man for the job. I don't suggest that you should be calling for his head but I admire your faith if you're not just a teeny bit concerned about him this time around

Not concerned really. We might not get promoted this year, but we won't get relegated. We'll have some good results and some bad ones. And, if we stick with him and give him a chance to reshape the team, everything about his record suggests he'll get it right.

Chopping and changing managers may give a team a short term lift, but rarely makes much long term difference. Do you think David Moyes should have been sacked by Everton a couple of seasons back? Or that Crewe would have been better off getting rid of Dario Gradi any time he had a bad spell? Or that West Ham are really stronger now they've replaced Curbishley with Zola?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
:clap::clap::clap:

I'm getting a bit fed up of the moaners. It took Adams a season and a bit to rebuild last time but somehow he's expected to do it in a few months this time :rolleyes:

Okay, now this isn't aimed at YOU specifically, but all those who continually trot out this piss-poor argument.

Last time, he needed a couple of years to REBUILD, because we were utter utter shit, and the squad needed to be completely rebuilt.

This time round there was no REBUILDING required, just IMPROVEMENT. We finished SEVENTH last season, not by FLUKE, or because the other teams felt sorry for us and gave us free points. That squad was a decent squad, not one in need of complete overhaul.

The board have brought in Adams and bankrolled him to recruit 4 championship players to add to that squad, which is subsequently playing WORSE than last year.

THAT is why people are rightly and understandably NOT impressed.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Okay, now this isn't aimed at YOU specifically, but all those who continually trot out this piss-poor argument.

Last time, he needed a couple of years to REBUILD, because we were utter utter shit, and the squad needed to be completely rebuilt.

This time round there was no REBUILDING required, just IMPROVEMENT. We finished SEVENTH last season, not by FLUKE, or because the other teams felt sorry for us and gave us free points. That squad was a decent squad, not one in need of complete overhaul.

The board have brought in Adams and bankrolled him to recruit 4 championship players to add to that squad, which is subsequently playing WORSE than last year.

THAT is why people are rightly and understandably NOT impressed.

Good post 100% agreed

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Thank heavens for the voice of common sense.
I too, absolutely DEMAND that if we lose a game or, well, maybe in all fairness, a few games in the same month, then whoever the manager happens to be at the time should be SACKED, even if I thought he was doing okay a few games ago.

He should then be REPLACED by a manager whose name I shall draw at random from my favourite hat of managers I LIKE. I shall then enlist support from other TRUE FANS just like me, and ask them to pick names from their own list of favourite managers.

I shall then BOMBARD Dick Tight with random names from my new friends' list of managers, or shout them at him very loudly whenever he passes by.

If he still doesn't do anything after all that, there is only one course of action left to any reasonable person like me. I shall THCREAM and THCREAM until I am THICK.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The issue isn't whether or not Micky can turn things around it's does he have the time to do it? I expected us to be comfortably in the top half of the table by this time and even challenging for the top spot. Instead I see us sliding down the table and heading for an inevitable relegation battle. The players aren't delivering anywhere near what we know they are capable of and the defence is looking like a disorganised shambles when faced by anyone with the ball.

If by December 20th we're out of all the cups and 4th bottom in the league I can't see Knight having any other option but to try to save his face. He's done it in the past so I don't doubt he'll do it again.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Please.

Micky should NEVER have come back.

Tactically he is a dinosaur who seems to have taken a team which finished SEVENTH, built on the squad with some half decent signings, and made us SHIT.

The squad IS better than last season.

We have one of the best forward lines in the League.

So why are we RUBBISH?

Anyone who says last season we over-achieved should take note that if we DID over-achieve then surely that is another feather in Dean Wilkins' cap that he got players playing ABOVE their ability not BELOW it like our current form.

We DITCHED one young, modern thinking, up-and-coming manager. Can we please get a knew one (Boothroyd) and stick with him.

The same Ady Boothroyd that has just been sacked because the team he was in charge of were shit? Christ, you really do pull them out of the bag don't you?

I'm just thankful you really don't have any influence over anything because we'd be in the Blue Square by now.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The same Ady Boothroyd that has just been sacked because the team he was in charge of were shit? Christ, you really do pull them out of the bag don't you?
Has Micky Adams never been sacked then?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Of course, but that wasn't the point the I was making. I was criticising the wannabe journo's choice of replacement for Adams, not the fact that he was suggesting one.
OK. Most managers have been sacked at some point though haven't they. Not that I would want Boothroyd here in the unlikely scenario that Adams gets the tin tack in the near future, but one sacking doesn't necessarily equal bad manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here