• no

Votes: 46 51.1%
  • each to their own

Votes: 32 35.6%

• Total voters

liverpool_one

Feb 12, 2004
Liverpool, United Kingdom
age gaps in relationships,do they realy matter.
the reason i'm asking is i'm nearly 39 and she is 24.
we first met when i was 34 and she was 19.
at first alot of people were very critical but we realy are soul mates.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
No they don't matter.
We've been married 14 years and I am 58. He is 38.

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
Depends on the people but generaly no. i dont think it does matter.
Most importantly, DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE ELSE! If it works for the two of you then good luck to you.
When I met my ex missis she was 18 and I was 32, we went on to have two great kids and the best 18 years of my life together and when we did split up, it was not related to the age gap so go for it and I wish you a great future together.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
age gaps in relationships,do they realy matter.
the reason i'm asking is i'm nearly 39 and she is 24.
we first met when i was 34 and she was 19.
at first alot of people were very critical but we realy are soul mates.

Do what ever is best for you, go with the flow. I was seeing an 18 year old girl for 6 months, 20 years younger than me, she’s now modelling for a firm in London, bloody stunning she was, she only used me for sex and a good time, I enjoyed every minute while it lasted, f***ed her brains out and she loved every minute of it.

I was used but have a bloody great smile on my face, an old git like me still pulling the sweet and stunning birds, the only sad part was I didn't try and smash her back door in, shame really as I'd liked to have broken her brown virginity, oh well, can't grumble.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
the only sad part was I didn't try and smash her back door in, shame really as I'd liked to have broken her brown virginity, oh well, can't grumble.

... shouted out it’s Adam and eve not Adam and Steve you dirty vulgar anal intruders ... Luckily the normal heterosexual couples ...

Anyone else able to see the contradiction in terms between these two posts?

When my 22 year old niece married a man more than twice her age, eyebrows were raised. But they seem perfectly happy and now have two lovely children and a relationship that many people I know would envy.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
My ex-wife was 6 years older than me and my new girlfriend is 6 years younger than me. Neither of these two age gaps were/are a problem. It's down to maturity and to compatibility between the two people.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The biggest age gap I have had in a relationship is 15 years. Current wife is 14 and current fiancee is a mere 13. Age was not the issue in current marriage so it makes no odds. Current fiancee does not look her age but like most Filipinas looks far younger (the bitch).

Age is just something for people with negative views to dwell on.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The biggest age gap I have had in a relationship is 15 years. Current wife is 14 and current fiancee is a mere 13. Age was not the issue in current marriage so it makes no odds. Current fiancee does not look her age but like most Filipinas looks far younger (the bitch).

Age is just something for people with negative views to dwell on.

Do you want to read that last post back again mate. If Simster reads that .......

''Current wife is 14 and current fiancee is a mere 13.'' Oh dear.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Do you want to read that last post back again mate. If Simster reads that .......

''Current wife is 14 and current fiancee is a mere 13.'' Oh dear.

Too early in the morning ! Good point well made but why not give good old Sims something else to speculate over ?:thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have no problem with it. It's none of my business how or why people end up with each other, and I've no right to judge them either way for the choice they make. If the two people involved are happy, that's what matters more than any other factor.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
A massive SIX YEAR age difference with my current SQUEEZE, the biggest before that being ten when I was 26. :)

With regard the initial question, age differences don't matter a JOT if two people connect.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
My wife's ex was 13 years older than her and with other factors within the marriage. The age gap didn't help. I voted each to their own in the poll.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Age gaps do matter, but it depends how you deal with the differences. I,m 17 years older than my wife, and so far I,ve tolerated her for 21 years.Mind you, if her cooking skills don't improve soon, I will have to review our long term future.

larus

So much depends upon the individuals (sorry, I know that be stating the bleeding obvious).

Some people are very young for their age, others are very mature; so it's more to do with the overall level of compatability. Compatability is much more important IMO. By this I mean on a personality level, rather than needing to be in each others pockets all the time and doing everything with each other. That's what some people need, but others need their own space and interests.

I've just asked someone out who's 32 and I'm 44. People say that I look a lot younger, but I have always done a lot of keep fit and have a very healthy life-style, so maybe all the hard work is paying off eh!!!!

I just feel so comfortable in her company, the conversation just flows and doesn't feel as though we struggle to find things to talk about. I feel as though the age gap is not a concern to me (but I would :D). However, I wouldn't want a gap of more than 15 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here