2 good chances for AFC Wimbledon

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
2-0 Virgo

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
On that I will agree with you. It's so f***ing tedious, repeated over and over by the same morons who think calling Davies "Barn door" is witty. Facts are McLeod, as is the case with any pro footballer, is thinner, leaner, and more toned than 99.9% of us contributing to this website. I'm not sure why people who are at least one of fat/ugly/bald/old/virgins (delete as applicable) seriously think they can have a go at him for being overweight.
Because fitness isn't a key requirement of their job?:shrug:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Apparently this is the last of Slades mix and match games. From here on in we will start to see the shape of his first team emerge.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just got back, but didn't pay an awful lot of attention to the game.

However, always refreshing to see a goalkeeper in an Albion shirt kick the ball properly.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Just got back, but didn't pay an awful lot of attention to the game.

However, always refreshing to see a goalkeeper in an Albion shirt kick the ball properly.
Good to hear. That's the one thing I'd kept meaning to ask, as no-one who'd seen Smith in either of the first 3 pre-seasons seemed to mention anything about the standard of his kicking..

One aspect we lack with Kuipers is attacking teams on the break through decent, quick thinking distribution.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A few random thoughts from the game. Smith's kicking excellent, and made a good save from a free-kick which suggested he's the real deal. McLeod physically looks a different player - much leaner - and his goal demonstrated his sweet left foot to good effect. Didn't think much of Navarro - gave away a lot of needless free-kicks and looked out of shape, though I see RS thought very differently according to the Argus so what do I know! Thought the pick of the triallists was Spiller by a distance - very lively, although quite lightweight. Definitely more in the Cox mould than a Carpenter type. Tunnicliffe seemed pretty solid first half along with Hawkins. Dickinson put in a lot of work and looked dangerous once or twice without testing the keeper - early days though. Overall, the 'weaker' first half side was probably more effective than the second half line-up, but AFC changed their entire side on the hour, so it may have been a stronger outfit from that point onwards too. Kuipers - even though he can't kick! - almost scored. Hit the bar from an awkward bounce, and had to rather sheepishly retract his premature celebration. Quite amusing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here