Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adrian Mutu???

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I think he could cut it here and lead the front line superbly, certainly not to be sniffed at, could be the rock up front we need, this could wrap up the summer signings now for Gus.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
You understand he scored just 2 goals from 8 appearances in SERIE B last season?

NO..... last year played in Serie A... 8 goals in 28 games in a relegated team.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I think the objective is to get to the PL without spending above what can be afforded. Then, when the riches of the PL are received you have a better chance of buying players that can be around for a while.

It's unlikely you'll get these young players for free.

I see what you mean, but I would much rather build a side now that could be carried into the Premiership without too many additions, same as Norwich and Swansea for example. And his signing on fee/wages won't be cheap. Transfer fees aren't as important as contract values. As I say, I accept I'll be in the minorty with this though!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
NO.... Romanian and Bulgarian players DO need work permits as we are not signaturies of the Codranu(sic) agreement. Will almost certainly get one though.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not wishing to draw a line under this but a note of caution - there ARE clearly others after him and among them, as with Seb Ribas, are clubs who will be able to pay more. A great deal depends on what the player wants to do/achieve and, of course, Gus's powers of persuasion.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Rumanian - member of EU - doesn't need a work permit.

Romanians and Bulgarians do need work VISAs. Although I'm sure football is covered under the "highly-skilled migrant programme".

EDIT: You even need one if you're a football player.

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
adrian_mutu-12.jpg

for the people who don't know who he is

& it's pronounced Add-re-ann for the people....
Good story

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here