Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adkins on Saints Player

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I notice Gus has admitted Southampton have better players than us. We will now not get offended when Southampton are of the same opinion?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why are some getting so worked up about what another thinks/says about us?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Have to say, having checked out that video expecting more than a little posturing and arrogance from Adkins, I emerged thinking that he'd made some very decent, appreciative comments about the Albion, and Gus.

What do you expect - Adkins to tell all those paying Saints fan viewers that his club are unable to match Brighton and might as well chuck away another three points tomorrow? If the roles were reversed, what would you expect Gus to say?

Fair play to the bloke, I reckon that away from the cameras Adkins is very happy to give Gus full credit - before buying him a well-deserved cerveza.

No, I just expect him to not make ridiculous excuses for his / his club's / his team's shortcomings and to pay due respect to the Albion's magnificent achievement... he failed... again...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I notice Gus has admitted Southampton have better players than us. We will now not get offended when Southampton are of the same opinion?

Where?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Ask yourself this... why didn't he credit our skill?

Does he need to? We are top of the league by 16 points. Surely its a given that we have ability! Saints know we are good, we know we are good, it doesnt need to be said.

Social Sausage

Apr 17, 2011
OK, thank you... well, they've certainly spent more on them, so they should be... however, we certainly have better players than them too, if you look at it position by position... mind games?

It's credit to Poyet he has:

1/ Maximised the potential from your current players
2/ Spent sensibly and recruited well, possibly securing similar standard/better players to ourselves

I don't think, player-to-player, there is much difference, neither do I think there is any gulf in class between the two squads when compared. Gus and the Brighton team has performed better than us this year though, without doubt.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't think, player-to-player, there is much difference, neither do I think there is any gulf in class between the two squads when compared

Davis

Calderon
El-Abd/Greer/Fonte - any two from three
Painter

Bennett
Dicker
Bridcutt
Lallana

Murray
Barnes/Barnard/Lambert - any one from three

:thumbsup:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You lot are really grating on me again. Don't listen to Adkins, he's winding you up and ... surprise, you're biting.

You'll find that at least 99.9% of our fanbase have accepted that you've been the best team, the most consistent and have, exhaustively I might add, congratulated you. Well done. How many pats on the back do you need?

If you're saying it's a 'wind-up' and he's just doing it for the fun of it, then he's obviously even more of an idiot than his comments have often made him look this season.

Why deliberately irritate by far the best team in the division when you're going there in desperate need of maximum points? Nice work Einstein.

Social Sausage

Apr 17, 2011
If you're saying it's a 'wind-up' and he's just doing it for the fun of it, then he's obviously even more of an idiot than his comments have often made him look this season.

Why deliberately irritate by far the best team in the division when you're going there in desperate need of maximum points? Nice work Einstein.

Believe it or not, psychology.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thank heavens he's not a psychologist then. Don't think he'd last too long... Gus can put his feet up. Team talk is done already.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Love it Aldo... I assume that's gonna be there tommorow

Sorry but all he's done there is have more pops at us - the ball boys!?!? FFS that happens everywhere now. Did HPool / Orient / Plymouth / Colchester / PBoro etc etc etc ie teams we beat by 2 goals or more ALL moan about the ball boys?! Of course not.

He's doing something called paying a compliment then having a pop - over and over. Some on here have already fallen for his manipulation IMO. ****

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I think Adkins is a superb motivator of the opposition and the reason teams raise their game is because he is so patronising. Southampton are a big club with a record to be proud of and a squad of players who could easily hold their own at the top of the championship under the right leadership. can you imagine what Poyet would have done with their squad! I hope Southampton stay down as I think Huddersfield with be less of a threat to our final position next season. I hope we beat them comfortably tomorrow so that we can forget about them and enjoy our well earned glory

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
It will be Sheebo, lets hope the stewards let us hang it, can't see why not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here