Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams on Mayo :( and Currie

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Micky Adams today gave a strong hint that Kerry Mayo will be offered fresh terms with Albion this season and also admitted he expects to complete the signing of Darren Currie early next week.

Speaking after Mayo played the second half in the pre-season game at Worthing which Albion won 4-0, Adams said, "Kerry has always had a future with me. He epitomises everything that's good about Brighton & Hove Albion.

"He has come in for pre-season and joined in everything. He wants to still be part of this football club. It is now up to me, the chairman and board of directors to decide whether we feel he's worthy of that.

"Certainly on his performances in training and this afternoon, he loves Brighton, he's a committed player and I think our squad needs that kind of commitment in general."

Adams also admitted he is close to completing the signing of Currie, who has agreed personal terms with Albion, but has been held up by the recent off-field events at Kenilworth Road.

"I'm sure it will get sorted sooner rather than later," he explained.

"Darren's agreed to sign for us and the paperwork is there for him to sign, but Luton have got their problems at the moment. You have to feel for the people involved there, not least the supporters. It is all very disappointing for them."

Meanwhile Adams was pleased with a second successive clean sheet of pre-season as Albion were comfortable 4-0 winners at Worthing. "I think our levels are about where I want them at the moment. We played some decent football at times and I was delighted with the performance."

Kevin McLeod, Glenn Murray, Colin Hawkins and Scott Chamberlain got the goals in Albion's win. Wes Fogden and Doug Loft missed the game due to minor injuries, while David Livermore was left out for family reasons.

0,,10433~3710781,00.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The key words in that piece are "he's a committed player and I think our SQUAD needs that kind of commitment in general.", from that I'm guessing and hoping he will not be 1st choice and some of the hysteria on here tonight about him is well ott.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
BOLLOCKS

As soon as he has won a new contract,it's back to being the same old Mayo.Utter useless who will cost us points.I'm pissed off about this

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe the thinking behind a possible new contract is for Kerry to take over the mantle of Tank and teach the youngsters about respect and professionalism.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Maybe the thinking behind a possible new contract is for Kerry to take over the mantle of Tank and teach the youngsters about respect and professionalism.
But not football eh?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm praying the Wimbledon guy has done enough.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
mayo, no. just go away.
you will cost us points with un forced f*** ups that have been the trade mark of your game for years

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The key words in that piece are "he's a committed player and I think our SQUAD needs that kind of commitment in general.", from that I'm guessing and hoping he will not be 1st choice and some of the hysteria on here tonight about him is well ott.

SO WHAT ABOUT GARY HART??

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I don't like slagging players off but with Mayo it's different

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here