Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams in or out

Adams

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well I am one of those and I think you are deluded. All the pro Adams stuff is "give it time" , "he's done it before" and most annoyingly "keep the faith" none of which is based on superior football knowledge. I prefer the evidence of my own eyes. And before anyone asks - I have been to most games home and away, even the JPT.
Exactly.

I have not seen anything that makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry at my inferior intellect, just those tired cliches and of course LYING about how awful Wilkins was (which actually makes Adams look a whole lot worse anyway).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You could also say that people like Bensgrandad know nothing about football too because he couldn't wait untill Wilkins was sacked.He never gave the bloke a fair crack at management.Now he has got what he deserves in a rubbish,out of date,negative manager.
Well done BG,we sack a promising young manager for an old has been.It's you who knows sod all about football.

What a load of old rubbish that is I dont think that Wilkins should have been sacked based on our results on the field but I am not privy to the other reasons that DK said about. I believe that he was a young inexperienced manager not getting the right support from his backroom staff and my view is that MA is in the same boat but is more experienced that Wilkins.

It's you who knows sod all about football.

That is why I have been a scout for a number of Football League managers and the first job Peter Taylor got as a manager was one I turned down because of family commitments., but that was a long time ago so you being, probably a teenager know it all.

I do not know everything about football but have a basic knowledge ofhow I think the game should be played and have an opinion whether it be right or wrong.

Stumpy Tim

My main issue is not that Thicky Adams led us to a stupidly low position, but he's done so by playing long-ball antiquated tactics and he's also replaced the young lads who are the future of our club (both through good performances & future transfer fees) with old journeymen.

It's a joke. Appointing Adams was a terrible mistake

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What a load of old rubbish that is I dont think that Wilkins should have been sacked based on our results on the field but I am not privy to the other reasons that DK said about. I believe that he was a young inexperienced manager not getting the right support from his backroom staff and my view is that MA is in the same boat but is more experienced that Wilkins.

It's you who knows sod all about football.

That is why I have been a scout for a number of Football League managers and the first job Peter Taylor got as a manager was one I turned down because of family commitments., but that was a long time ago so you being, probably a teenager know it all.

There has been numerous occasions when you have hounded Wilkins and i can't be bothered to hunt back into the archives to make a point.As for being a scout or whatever you were doesn't make your views any better.Infact alot of what you post (football related) is garbage and often people just ignore you because of it.I can rememeber quite clearly some of your anti Wilkins rants.
The football we are being served up at this moment is some of the worse i've seen in years.Results might improve soon but don't expect good football under Adams and this is the manager you want for the next 3 years?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You can't sack anyone after a couple of months (unless you're Tottenham) but I'd be delighted if Thicky Adams just f***ed off to be honest as he's doing an unbelievably shit job - see Timmy's post for reasons why.

I bet you THIRTY PEE we don't finish in the top half this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My main issue is not that Thicky Adams led us to a stupidly low position, but he's done so by playing long-ball antiquated tactics and he's also replaced the young lads who are the future of our club (both through good performances & future transfer fees) with old journeymen.

He has stuck by his ideals that have been succesful for him in the past both here and at Coventry, where he brought in the likes of Don Hutchinson and also at Leicester where he brought in Denis Wise in both cases an experienced old midfielder. This is what he is trying to copy with Savage I think.

He brought Adam Virgo back because he knew him and how he played and when you wish to criticise Adams for that consider Brian Clough how many clubs did he take John O Hare,John McGovern and Archie Gemmill to as they were tried and tested players that he knew.

Lets hope that this works for Micky again.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Thats another problem.Very rarely Adams will use our youth system which is a massive worry.I cannot see the kids being given a fair crack like Wilkins did.The chances of producing a gem is very slim now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Results might improve soon but don't expect good football under Adams and this is the manager you want for the next 3 years?

I may well have criticised Wilkins, if I consider that he was wrong but I have never advoctaed that he should have been sacked. Also I am not concerned about the standard of football that is served up at the moment I have stated on other thread I would be quite happy to go from now to the end of season winning the home games 1- 0 and drawing the away 0-0 with an occasional 1- 0 win the aim being to be in The Championship when we get to Falmer, and hopefully in a comfortable midtable established position. The results are the important thing and I feel that under MA they will come shortly
as I belive we are about 2 or3 players off of a very good Div 1 side when all are fit.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I may well have criticised Wilkins, if I consider that he was wrong but I have never advoctaed that he should have been sacked. Also I am not concerned about the standard of football that is served up at the moment I have stated on other thread I would be quite happy to go from now to the end of season winning the home games 1- 0 and drawing the away 0-0 with an occasional 1- 0 win the aim being to be in The Championship when we get to Falmer, and hopefully in a comfortable midtable established position. The results are the important thing and I feel that under MA they will come shortly
as I belive we are about 2 or3 players off of a very good Div 1 side when all are fit.
Last season the players were used to playing the passing and counter attacking game with effect.Now with a crop of new players in, Adams has changed all that for outdated negative long ball tactics which i believe doesn't suit our players at all.

jkw

Oct 19, 2008
As much as I dont think Adams is the right man for the job i cant see the board sacking him in the near future so maybe there should be a change to the coaching set up instead. Maybe Adams needs a new assistant & new coaches who have some fire in they're belly's and some new ideas?

Now there's a man that speaks some sense
:yahoo:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Not only are you unable to spell, use capital letters, or even make sense, but you can't count either.

I would rather be all of the above than a blind club licking old fool who rather than wanking over razzle wanks over pictures of dick knight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here