Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams in or out

Adams

• Total voters

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
He deserves a season, the same as Wilkins.

Doug,

Not if he is going to take us down or we struggle in the lower reaches.The reason the chairman brought him in was to take us forward and last year we came 7th funny how a lot of the anti wilkins and pro adams mob are saying that was a false postion.That is bullshit you finish in a fair place after 46 games over the season.This season the football is some of the worst served up since the days of Jeff Wood and we will lose fans and people will not re new there season tickets.The cost of the over hill has been savage per week is what 7 or 8 season tickets have paid for the whole season.Micky Adams is a manager who got very lucky here last time with Zamora and In my view is not the man for the job.We need someone that is going to bring the fans back so when we get to Falmer we have a hard core in place of 6 or 7 thousand not the current hardcore of to 4 thousand.We cant think the missing thousands will just come back

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Bollocks.

I am now unfortuatly a member of the adams out brigade, and so are the majority of fans I have spoken to who go home and away.

After around 400 hardy soles get up around 5am from brighton, we expext a lot better than that crap that was served up yesterday (and the last 9 league games) . Can you really blame us for wanting rid of a once legendary manager who is taking us backwards!.

Adams out.

Adams is not totally blameless. But what about the so called 'pro's' out on the pitch? It's about time they rolled up their sleeves and fought for the cause, or maybe we really do have a bunch of untalented dross parading in front of us?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Not at all but NSC only represents a very small portion of the total support of the Albion but is probably the most vociferous and the ones that speak the most rubbish, as in the suggestion that DK will or should sack MA.

many of my mates who dont come on here reckon MA should be ousted, so its not just the view of the keyboard generation!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
These daily polls are getting so boring now:yawn:

The thing is, the anti brigade are always more likely to open a thread like this than the faithfull Albion fans who look at the bigger picture rather than make rash decisions so these polls will reflect a negative view.

And yet, there are still more votes in favour - what does that tell you? :D

Give Micky a season to settle like Wilkins got and judge him next May cos that is what DK will be doing!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004

The thing is, the anti brigade are always more likely to open a thread like this than the faithfull Albion fans who look at the bigger picture rather than make rash decisions so these polls will reflect a negative view.

And yet, there are still more votes in favour. :D

Give Micky a season to settle like Wilkins got and judge him next May cos that is what DK will be doing!

what even if we look like going down

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

And yet, there are still more votes in favour - what does that tell you? :D

sack him in May then if we get relegated?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
sack him in May then if we get relegated?

If we get relegated, yes.

But that won't happen - Keep the Faith!!

Forster's injury (and now Murrays) were bad luck and unfortunately timed and hasn't allowed the team to settle.

2 months in under a new regime - you can't always expect instant results.

And dont forget we played some dire football 2 years ago under Wilkins and finished 18th in the table. It often takes a season to settle, as it did for Micky last time and look what happened in his 2nd full season in charge?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
If we get relegated, yes.

But that won't happen - Keep the Faith!!

Forster's injury (and now Murrays) were bad luck and unfortunately timed and hasn't allowed the team to settle.

2 months in under a new regime - you can't always expect instant results.

And dont forget we played some dire football 2 years ago under Wilkins and finished 18th in the table. It often takes a season to settle, as it did for Micky last time and look what happened in his 2nd full season in charge?

cant expect instant results?! yes I can, we finished 7th last season and you would expect us to be around that area now if not better.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As much as I dont think Adams is the right man for the job i cant see the board sacking him in the near future so maybe there should be a change to the coaching set up instead. Maybe Adams needs a new assistant & new coaches who have some fire in they're belly's and some new ideas?

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Passion

I still think (hope) Mickey will lift us from this, but what worries me is the comment that he is not the same man who was here before. This seems true. He seems subdued and passionless, almost like he has lost his confidence.

Last time if we lost a match players would be brought in for Sunday training, but there is none of that now. I think there was a long run before where we never lost two games in a row. I think a lot of that was a mixture of fear, pride and determination steeled into the players by MA. This lot do not have any of that (although they didnt have it under Wilkins either, though they were tactically slightly better).

If Mickey thinks he has matured and turned into a thinking manager like Wenger then it will not work - each man must play to his strengths. My recommendation to MA is to look in the mirror and remember the man you were and bring back the passion. Then you may turn this club around, again.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I still think (hope) Mickey will lift us from this, but what worries me is the comment that he is not the same man who was here before. This seems true. He seems subdued and passionless, almost like he has lost his confidence.

Last time if we lost a match players would be brought in for Sunday training, but there is none of that now. I think there was a long run before where we never lost two games in a row. I think a lot of that was a mixture of fear, pride and determination steeled into the players by MA. This lot do not have any of that (although they didnt have it under Wilkins either, though they were tactically slightly better).

If Mickey thinks he has matured and turned into a thinking manager like Wenger then it will not work - each man must play to his strengths. My recommendation to MA is to look in the mirror and remember the man you were and bring back the passion. Then you may turn this club around, again.

Good summary.

But just a point of order.

On occasions this season the players have been pulled in for Sunday training, although it hasn't seemed to work, so far.

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
give him a season, like wilkins!

f***ing make me laugh. he got a season, finished 7th and then shown the door!!!!!!!!! he should still be here - FACT!!!

is there a point at which we are allowed to criticise MA? or are the arse lickers so determined to save him from any such criticism?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm still jyst about sitting on the fence but fast falling off it onto the bye bye Micky side of things.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

f***ing make me laugh. he got a season, finished 7th and then shown the door!!!!!!!!! he should still be here - FACT!!!

Wilkins had 2 seasons (best part of) in which to prove himself to not only be a good coach but to be the manager (and man-manager) to take the club forward.

Unfortunately, and sadly for us and him, however good a football coach he proved to be, a good manager ultimately he was not.

Hopefully Micky will prove to be a good manager again and should be given 2 seasons (like Wilkins was) to show that he is the man and getting on his back after just 2 months isn't exactly helpful!

If he hasn't improved on DW's 7th place finish by May 2010 judge him then FFS

Last edited:

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

a) DW got two seasons (or at least 1 and half seasons)

b) How can you say he should still be here, when you don't know why he was sacked?

Apart from that - spot on! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here