Adams in or out

Adams

• Total voters

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
hmm ok then :shootself

How very CHILDISH of you to think we could finish higher than last season. Anyone would have thought Adams came here to get us relegated!:jester:

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
sorry for not being more concise for you. well aware of his length of time in charge! my point was based on a previous post asking for a season to judge MA.

the facts are, DW took us to 7th then was sacked, yes you are right for no apparent reason. and i dont know why either. whats your point? it depends on who you want to listen to as to why. personally i think he was treated like shit!

had MA finished 7th and was sacked, it would have been the greatest crime known to humanity!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
sad fact is already on this board he has just 45% of the fans backing.

Not only are you unable to spell, use capital letters, or even make sense, but you can't count either.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The whole "he needs to be given time" cliche has to be viewed in the light of the state on the squad when getting the job.

Wilkins left the club in a good state with some decent players, a degree of confidence. Therefore Adams, I would venture, doesn't need a lot of time to improve on what he had. Someone taking over the Newcastle job, on the other hand, needs the minimum of a full season.

Given that we were in a decent state to start with I'd turn the debate around by stating that by giving Adams much more time he could actually kill what Wilkins had created entirely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is not true a few fans are pissed off, the ones with very little knowledge of football on here the vast majority are still in favour of MA staying as manager.

What a pompous statement.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The outs represent about .64% of a 5,000 crowd and if you include theo others except the ins it represents approx.93% of a 5,000 crowd hardly an overwhelming majority of votes giving an opinion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No I am not using myself as a yard stick just saying that in my opinion people who suggest he should or even could be sacked do not have a full understanding of the situation and are just showing a knee jerk reaction to us being in the middle of a bad spell.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No I am not using myself as a yard stick just saying that in my opinion people who suggest he should or even could be sacked do not have a full understanding of the situation and are just showing a knee jerk reaction to us being in the middle of a bad spell.

Fair enough, so what is the situation in your opinion? I can take losing but am very worried that Adams is being found out by more astute managers and opposition players with more desire and passion than ours. It's not as though we've just been unlucky this year is it, it runs deeper than that and imo there is something very wrong in the set up at this club at the moment

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You could also say that people like Bensgrandad knows nothing about football too because he couldn't wait untill Wilkins was sacked.He never gave the bloke a fair crack at management.Now he has got what he deserves in a rubbish,out of date,negative manager.
Well done BG,we sack a promising young manager for an old has been.It's you who knows sod all about football.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Middle of a bad spell? We have 2 strikers at this club, and one of those is in his mid-30s. From where I'm looking I think Adams serious thought Virgo and Hart would be 2 striking options, which they're clearly not.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Starting to lose a bit of faith now as falling way too far behind 6th place.

I think promotion is not on the cards this season when the squad we have (apart from another quality striker) should have had us up there in the top 6.

Can see us finishing about 10th - 12th

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
If we get relegated, yes.

But that won't happen - Keep the Faith!!

Forster's injury (and now Murrays) were bad luck and unfortunately timed and hasn't allowed the team to settle.

2 months in under a new regime - you can't always expect instant results.

And dont forget we played some dire football 2 years ago under Wilkins and finished 18th in the table. It often takes a season to settle, as it did for Micky last time and look what happened in his 2nd full season in charge?

well adams should of got another striker or two before the season started that he would actully play and not keep the likes of robinson keeping the bench warm for no reason. 2 months of bad football and one lucky win in the cup are not enough to keep you in a job.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Well I am one of those and I think you are deluded. All the pro Adams stuff is "give it time" , "he's done it before" and most annoyingly "keep the faith" none of which is based on superior football knowledge. I prefer the evidence of my own eyes. And before anyone asks - I have been to most games home and away, even the JPT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here