Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Yauch...MCA...Beastie Boys....R.I.P. (merged).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
FFS, Coldplay tributes and now cancer drug conspiracy theories. You really couldn't make it up.

I'm not trying to mock up conspiracy theories, I am merely voicing a doubt I have through my deep cynicism.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think LondonBlue was within topic to raise a reasonably common held belief. Likewise I feel I disputed in a sensible manner. That said, I prefer music to pharma drugs so lets get back to on topic.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think LondonBlue was within topic to raise a reasonably common held belief. Likewise I feel I disputed in a sensible manner. That said, I prefer music to pharma drugs so lets get back to on topic.

I loved License to Ill... classic album.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The good news is that Adam Yauch's biography is to be made available online. It's being released in 5 parts. Parts A, B, C and D are free to download. But you'll have to fight for your right to Part E.

Too soon?

Agree with the general tenet of this thread that Paul's Boutique is them at their best. Complete re-invention from jokey white boys to serious hip-hop artists. Let's not underestimate the influence of the Dust Brothers in their production of that album. I also loved the stuff the Beastie Boys did with Money Mark. 47 is no age at all to die, is it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I loved License to Ill... classic album.

True. I used to have it on vinyl. I bought it as a teen after reading about it in Thrasher magazine and it sounded so cool. A great album. Like many I never appreciated Paul's Boutique until years after but history shines incredibly well on it; a bona fide classic. Ill Communication is also nearing classic status....the video for Sabotage is one of my a favourite vids.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh and I loved SLF's rip of No Sleep Til Brooklyn (No Sleep Til Belfast) superb encore.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I paid £16.49 for Ill Communication from Tower Records. With prices like that I can only assume they went bust.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I paid £16.49 for Ill Communication from Tower Records. With prices like that I can only assume they went bust.

I bought it on cassette, I'd fallen out of love with vinyl (why? why?)... probably still at my mums somewhere.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'm not trying to mock up conspiracy theories, I am merely voicing a doubt I have through my deep cynicism.

There is almost certainly cures for cancer sitting on the pharmaceuticals shelves, but they'd lose huge profits from making it available.

That sounds a lot like trying to mock up a conspiracy theory to me. Now I'm not saying there aren't some dodgy things going on with the big Pharmas, but that's one hell of a statement to make without any evidence.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That sounds a lot like trying to mock up a conspiracy theory to me. Now I'm not saying there aren't some dodgy things going on with the big Pharmas, but that's one hell of a statement to make without any evidence.

Give it a rest, it is my opinion, simple as. We've moved on.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I never liked License to Ill. IMO the rap bits were amateurish, straight out the Roxanne Shante school of rhyming and the punk bits were a bit naff.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Give it a rest, it is my opinion, simple as. We've moved on.

Wind your neck in pal. You came on this thread and starting spouting that crap. Saying "there is almost certainly......." is a bit more than expressing an opinion. Maybe you'd like to think about how reading that kind of unsubstantiated rubbish makes people who are suffering from, or know someone suffering from, cancer feel.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wind your neck in pal. You came on this thread and starting spouting that crap. Saying "there is almost certainly......." is a bit more than expressing an opinion. Maybe you'd like to think about how reading that kind of unsubstantiated rubbish makes people who are suffering from, or know someone suffering from, cancer feel.

Wind my neck in? You sure? :lol:

Love the final part of your tirade, very heart wrenching, use people as an excuse to make me look like a heartless bastard. It must be nice being you. Now, I shall say this only once (more), we have moved on, by all means keep spouting but you will get no more replies from me. Adiós!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

You've given me an idea actually... I'm not adverse to raising a bob or two each year to charities but I have nothing on the horizon for this year, so maybe I'll auction off my seat to a couple of games next season for charity purposes. Yes, I like that. Thanks for the thought.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Wind my neck in? You sure? :lol:

Love the final part of your tirade, very heart wrenching, use people as an excuse to make me look like a heartless bastard. It must be nice being you. Now, I shall say this only once (more), we have moved on, by all means keep spouting but you will get no more replies from me. Adiós!

I'm not trying to make you look like anything. You keep telling people to 'give it up' and then get shitty because we don't all comply. A tad arrogant, no? And yes, it's nice being me sometimes, other times it sucks. If you really want people to 'move on' then perhaps a 'sorry, I was talking shit' admission should do the trick.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not trying to make you look like anything. You keep telling people to 'give it up' and then get shitty because we don't all comply. A tad arrogant, no? And yes, it's nice being me sometimes, other times it sucks. If you really want people to 'move on' then perhaps a 'sorry, I was talking shit' admission should do the trick.

People asked him not to debate his theory on this thread......He did.........end of story really isn't it?

If you want to discuss he theories further maybe start another thread and invite him on to it.

I am gutted that I never got to see the Beasties live, i watched that gig where they gave cameras to members of the audience then edited all the footage together. So innovative and creative!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I bought it on cassette, I'd fallen out of love with vinyl (why? why?)... probably still at my mums somewhere.

Weird, I had it on cassette too for some reason. No idea why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here