Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Yauch...MCA...Beastie Boys....R.I.P. (merged).

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's about time the global pharmaceutical giants were told to f*** off and the cure for cancer is made available. Is there any part of the body it can't affect? Jesus, 47 is no age. I know a guy who has an inoperable brain tumour at 40 and will not live past this November. He has a 5 year old son and spends all his waking hours writing a journal that his boy can read at various stages throughout his life, because his Dad won't be there. It's all so terribly sad. RIP Adam.
that is unbearably sad, puts everyday problems into perspective.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I actually think this is a rather nice and appropriate tribute.

Musically maybe but I find the whole thing so predictable. Coldplay did the same tributes when Amy Winehouse died and Michael Jackson.
I would show more respect to Chris Martin if he had chosen a lesser known Beastie Boy song rather than the one 'everyone knows'. Even better I think dedicating one of his own songs to the human activist work Adam Yauch was involved in would have sufficed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Musically maybe but I find the whole thing so predictable. Coldplay did the same tributes when Amy Winehouse died and Michael Jackson.
I would show more respect to Chris Martin if he had chosen a lesser known Beastie Boy song rather than the one 'everyone knows'. Even better I think dedicating one of his own songs to the human activist work Adam Yauch was involved in would have sufficed.

I guess he choose Fight For Your Right as most people in the crowd probably did know it. A lesser known song would have been lost on the crowd. You have to remember he is entertaining punters who probably primarily buy their music from Tesco, or K-Mart as the gig was in the US.

I guess it was predictable but all things considered I thought it was a nice and touching, even playful, tribute to a fellow musician.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
People asked him not to debate his theory on this thread......He did.........end of story really isn't it?

If you want to discuss he theories further maybe start another thread and invite him on to it.

I am gutted that I never got to see the Beasties live, i watched that gig where they gave cameras to members of the audience then edited all the footage together. So innovative and creative!

Fair enough. I don't really want to discuss such theories any further, there's not much point. I do apologise for coming across like a righteous bore though, I really should know better by now not to get involved when I'm in a shitty mood.

It's been uplifting to hear and read many discussions about Adam and The Beastie Boys in the canteen and on various, diverse, forums since his passing. They are dear to a surprisingly diverse bunch of people. Not often you hear of 'stars' talked about with such fondness. On reflection the Coldplay tribute now does seem quite fitting. I think MCA would've approved, as the last thing The Beastie Boys were was cynical.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Aroe brings the tribute piece

RIP-MCA-1.jpg

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
People asked him not to debate his theory on this thread......He did.........end of story really isn't it?

If you want to discuss he theories further maybe start another thread and invite him on to it.

I am gutted that I never got to see the Beasties live, i watched that gig where they gave cameras to members of the audience then edited all the footage together. So innovative and creative!

yeah i saw that ... brilliant...the funkiest bunch of honkeys ever.........rip mca respect dude...!!

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
Aroe brings the tribute piece

RIP-MCA-1.jpg

Not meaning to be thick, can someone explain this to me? The significance of the plane from Licensed to Ill crashing... is that it? I want to like this, but for good reason, not just because it is Beasties related. Might go visit tomorrow

Edit: Answered my own question with a Google search, never seen the full album cover before.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here