Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Yauch...MCA...Beastie Boys....R.I.P. (merged).

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The press loved to hate them but they were held in very high esteem by those who know music. Very sad news. RIP MCA.

franks brother

It's about time the global pharmaceutical giants were told to f*** off and the cure for cancer is made available. Is there any part of the body it can't affect? Jesus, 47 is no age. I know a guy who has an inoperable brain tumour at 40 and will not live past this November. He has a 5 year old son and spends all his waking hours writing a journal that his boy can read at various stages throughout his life, because his Dad won't be there. It's all so terribly sad. RIP Adam.

Why cure cancer when theres global pharmaceutical giants can make billions treating it.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
What a tragedy for the family and music, brilliant band loved them to bits. Took chances musically and politically.

Last edited:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP Beastie Boy

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
"My man MCA's got a beard like a billy goat."

Truly part of one of the most innovative and influential bands of all time. The work genius gets bandied about too easily but it is appropriate here.

RIP

Still my favourite

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He was my favourite Beastie Boy. I saw them at Wembley several years ago - they were class. I didn't know he was ill. The death of a Beastie Boy shows how fragile life is - I always thought they were immortal

I didn't know either sadly lacking in the Ill Communication!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
"My man MCA's got a beard like a billy goat."

Truly part of one of the most innovative and influential bands of all time. The work genius gets bandied about too easily but it is appropriate here.

RIP

Still my favourite

Remember the first time I heard that. Up until then I thought they were little more than a joke band.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Remember the first time I heard that. Up until then I thought they were little more than a joke band.

Yep me too. Then heard Paul's Boutique and it blew my mind. It still amazes me they went from Licence to Ill tabloid shockers to one of the best hip hop albums ever!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Beastie Boys and Run DMC was my first live concert at the Brighton when I was 16. I will never forget it. The gogo dancers and huge hydraulic knob at the end...when your 16 those gogo dancers were terrific!!! They were amazing on stage, couldn't sing and there music was hit and miss but some great tunes dotted about in their stuff. Sabotage being the highlight. R.I.P. Adam

I was at this gig as well.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yep me too. Then heard Paul's Boutique and it blew my mind. It still amazes me they went from Licence to Ill tabloid shockers to one of the best hip hop albums ever!
Licensed to Ill is much maligned. Listen again, it's a brilliant album.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here