Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Hi, sorry for invading your forum, I'm actually a Liverpool fan, but I've loved having Lallana at our club over the last few years, and I really do wish both yourselves and him loads of success, I just hope he can get back to playing regular first team football.

As I'm sure you've all noticed, he is technically brilliant and truly proficient with both feet. The one thing I think most people miss with Lallana is he wears his heart on his sleeve and will run himself to the ground for the cause. It's why our fans adored him, he led the press in Klopps early years, but he is starting to get to the stage where he cant keep it up for 90 minutes every game, so I expect you will see a lot of subbing him off after 70 minutes as he runs out of fuel.

If you want any thoughts of someone that has watched pretty much every minute hes played over the last 5 years (including most of his time in our reserves when he was coming back from injury), I'm happy to give you my thoughts :)

Interesting feedback. I've always thought him a top-class player and I hope he can bring some of the winning habits he's picked-up at Liverpool. I reckon a major reason he chose us is that we have built a state of the art training complex with excellent physio facilities and if anyone can help prolong his career we can. Cheers.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Interesting feedback. I've always thought him a top-class player and I hope he can bring some of the winning habits he's picked-up at Liverpool. I reckon a major reason he chose us is that we have built a state of the art training complex with excellent physio facilities and if anyone can help prolong his career we can. Cheers.

There's been mention of him being offered a potential coaching role too. Great news.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Views from Southampton fans

"I hve to admit part of me wishes it was Saints, but I think we have plenty of attacking options and he will suit Brighton who lack that spark he can give them, but will he be too much of a luxury "

"I think he is a good signing and fit for Brighton and Lallana. I am not that surprised as it brings him back south. I think he will do well for them if he stays fit and you can bet your bottom dollar that he will make the difference when they play us! But, I am not too bothered that he has not come back to Saints though I would not have had a problem if he had. "

"I doubt if we were ever really interested in him and Brighton is probably his level now. "

"Brighton signing Lallana reminds me of Bradford signing Benito Carbone. A high-profile signing by a struggling Prem club which makes no financial sense and will probably be a catalyst for the club’s financial ruin. "

Imagine being that much of a **** that you'd think one 4 month decent spell of form, across 3 full seasons, somehow elevates their club to a different 'level' to any of the other lower half Premier League clubs.

This season they finished four places above us (11 points), last season ONE place (and just 3 points), the previous season they finished two places and four points BELOW us.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Yes, but not for a while. Meanwhile the midfield has been upgraded.

As for Propper - I don’t see it, and I’m not alone. You do, and you’re not alone.
Even so it’s Beyond me, how you can say he’s been anymore than OK this season.

Anyone who claims proper is of a high enough quality to sustain a starting place is just clueless. He's scored and assisted very few goals from his appearances. He and stephens give the ball away far too much. He's bang average imo.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Anyone who claims proper is of a high enough quality to sustain a starting place is just clueless. He's scored and assisted very few goals from his appearances. He and stephens give the ball away far too much. He's bang average imo.

The same could be said about the folks who can't see what he brings tbh.

We wouldn't of got the last minute winner against Arsenal if it wasn't for his little flick to Mac for example. A lot of players would of let that go out of play.

KloppityKlopp

Jul 28, 2020
Liverpool fan here and season ticket holder.

Congratulations, you've got yourselves a very talented player who will be missed at our club and who will no doubt make a huge impact on your play starting next season.

Lallana was a favorite of Klopp's and all the lads in the dressing room loved him. He was a great influence on some of the younger players coming through as well.

I remember him being unplayable from around 2016-18 but then the injuries took a toll and we as a club took a massive step forward and he couldn't really get back into the side once he was fit.

He may have lost a bit of pace but he's still a very skillful and intelligent footballer who can keep the ball for fun. Not to mention his pressing as well; he was instrumental to Klopp's gegenpressing when he first arrived.

Just two days ago I was telling my mates how he'll end up at a top 7 or 8 club and I honestly thought that Leicester would be in for him as he'd be perfect for a Brendan Rodgers side so you've got yourselves quite a coup.

Congratulations and all the best for next season. :wink:

KloppityKlopp

Jul 28, 2020
Thanks for all the other stuff, but there's a touch of ambiguity in the bit I haven't redacted.

Where are you a STH at: Anfield or the Amex?

Anfield. I'm a Liverpool supporter and Lallana was one of my favourite players, so I thought I'd come on here and congratulate you. Other than that, I do enjoy the way Potter has transformed the way you play, which is refreshing from a lot of the sides near and around you in the table.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I like this signing, he has bags of experience and very aware while on the ball, I can see him sliding balls into Maupay and Connolly all day long.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This makes no sense. A) maybe he didn't want to sign a new contract as he can't get in the team, b) maybe he wanted a change, c) maybe he wanted a longer contract than 1 year d) maybe Liverpool did the decent thing and let the player choose what he wanted to do e) maybe he did join Brighton for free with a signing on fee. [emoji3]

We have the definitive answer from Lallana himself, Klopp let him know last autumn that he wouldn’t get another contract. He was moved on.

04BE7842-9AF7-4136-A183-9AF8D1A9432D.png

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Hi, sorry for invading your forum, I'm actually a Liverpool fan, but I've loved having Lallana at our club over the last few years, and I really do wish both yourselves and him loads of success, I just hope he can get back to playing regular first team football.

As I'm sure you've all noticed, he is technically brilliant and truly proficient with both feet. The one thing I think most people miss with Lallana is he wears his heart on his sleeve and will run himself to the ground for the cause. It's why our fans adored him, he led the press in Klopps early years, but he is starting to get to the stage where he cant keep it up for 90 minutes every game, so I expect you will see a lot of subbing him off after 70 minutes as he runs out of fuel.

If you want any thoughts of someone that has watched pretty much every minute hes played over the last 5 years (including most of his time in our reserves when he was coming back from injury), I'm happy to give you my thoughts :)

Thanks for this. Interesting insight and great to know that you think so highly of him. Hopefully playing regularly will help him regain full fitness and frankly if he can only play 65/70 minutes then that won't be a bad thing as we have some youngsters who will be pushing for his place. We certainly need his creativity from midfield.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's still a part of my brain that hasn't quite processed it.

So it's not a loan signing or anything? We've actually bought him and he's actually our player. We have come a long way in the last 10-15 years.

Blimey ease up a bit.

He's not the first a definitely won't be the last aging player, unable to get into a top 6 side, a little lame, who's international career is a long way behind him, we get on a free transfer out from under the nose of teams like Southampton.

Spence says it's shite so I'm all in for the deal coming good but it's a long way from unprocessable.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Blimey ease up a bit.

He's not the first a definitely won't be the last aging player, unable to get into a top 6 side, a little lame, who's international career is a long way behind him, we get on a free transfer out from under the nose of teams like Southampton.

Spence says it's shite so I'm all in for the deal coming good but it's a long way from unprocessable.

To be fair I would say he probably could have gone to a top 6 side, and he was holding up the Premier League trophy only a few weeks ago. I agree you should never get carried away, but if you are one to get carried away, this would be as good a time as any. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here