Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
They're definitely rock solid together but neither are playmakers. They would be fine together in games we're looking to play more defensively but otherwise Bissouma needs a Lallana/Gross/Propper type next to him.

Propper passes it sideways.
Lallana is a playmaker but better higher up the pitch with shorter quick passes.
Gross is hit and miss. But is a great penalty taker.

I think White has the vision and should be encouraged to pick forward passes more. He's done it a few times and been great. He picked out Welbeck with a long pass today, earlier in the match.

In this system I think it's fine to have these two form a solid partnership in the middle - especially given we have (or are supposed to have) two wingbacks as playmakers, a number 10 as a playmaker, we even have an overlapping centre-back bombing it up the middle. Plus two strikers.

Problem is our front three look completely clueless without Lallana.

I dunno. I feel like we lack quality in nearly all the attacking positions (especially without Lamptey).
Or the quality of our players has deteriorated....

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Quality.

With his recent LFC injury record, I thought he’d miss most games. But he’s shone in a load of games already.

Unlike every other creator in our squad, he’s ALWAYS forward thinking and forward passing, his footballing brain one step ahead, composed in midfield EPL maelstroms.

This. Don't know what others are smoking or seeing but he is top drawer and we lost a lot of forward intent when he came off and Alzate came on.

Even if it's a 45 mins showing every game, it's worth it imo.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
for playing three at the back long term we need two strong holding midfielders - Molder and Bissouma

above I suspect is the long term plan - wing backs and forward players will all rotate in and out of team

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
They're definitely rock solid together but neither are playmakers. They would be fine together in games we're looking to play more defensively but otherwise Bissouma needs a Lallana/Gross/Propper type next to him.

Not necessarily
AL or AM can play as a 10 behind 1 or 2 strikers AN other alongside Biss
AL to be played Pirlo style requires 2 in front Biss plus 1 maybe Molumby
Utilising the WB s to create width

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
How long has he been ill for?

Would’ve been perfect against Leeds.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not sure but his illness is likely to be Covid isn't it? No mention of what this mystery illness is that has affected him , Alzate and a number of other squad members

He suffers from colitis and has had mental health issues which he spoke openly about when at Liverpool

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
One of five players that Potter has said will not be available.

Three of whom would almost certainly be first choice if fit :down:

Yes, I'm aware of that, but the poster I was replying to was indicating that we'd already played Leeds, whereas -- perhaps controversially -- I'm of the view that we haven't as yet.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He is a quality player who was brought in to help the squad and bring on the youngsters.

I don't think anyone in the club expected to get 30 matches out of him this season.
Hopefully he will be fit and fully available for the season run in, where his quality could well be the difference between staying up and the unthinkable.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes, I'm aware of that, but the poster I was replying to was indicating that we'd already played Leeds, whereas -- perhaps controversially -- I'm of the view that we haven't as yet.

That's not how I read the post. "Would’ve been perfect against Leeds"... had he been available, instead we'll have to make do without him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here