Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hopefully we are not after him. Massive backwards step. Can't believe people want this washed up player 1 goal in 3 years :ffsparr::lolol:

This was the point the thread turned, and people realised he’d be a class signing, despite some awful posts on the first few pages that now make posters look a bit silly :lol:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He has Ulcerative Colitis - he’s talked about how it’s affected him several times. I just thought the way he (quickly) trotted off was more in the mould of someone with something other than a muscle injury.

Thanks. I didn't know that. It's a pretty shitty(no pun intended) disease. It did look like he banged his knee just before going off though so it could be an injury. Although he did run down the tunnel so...

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
UC = Ulcerative Colitis

Read that he has had it sometime. I had it too - although I needed surgery to cure mine - same as Darren Fletcher ex Man U

its an absolute nightmare and you can have a flare up literally at any time. If it is a flare and depending on severity then he might be back for Saints.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Thanks. I didn't know that. It's a pretty shitty(no pun intended) disease. It did look like he banged his knee just before going off though so it could be an injury. Although he did run down the tunnel so...
BT showed a replay in which Lallana took a knock into the chest/stomach area just before he went off. This could be the reason why.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
UC = Ulcerative Colitis

Read that he has had it sometime. I had it too - although I needed surgery to cure mine - same as Darren Fletcher ex Man U

its an absolute nightmare and you can have a flare up literally at any time. If it is a flare and depending on severity then he might be back for Saints.

John Piercy too as I recall.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Yes, you are quite correct. I think he had to give up football because of it

Things have progressed in managing it - but it is a lousy thing to live with. Mine just got out hand and resulted in a polyp on my bowel that would have turned into cancer

I had no real option, but to have major surgery and remove my entire colon. Thankfully, I had same surgery as Darren Fletcher the footballer who continued his career, so no need for a bag just interesting plumbing. It was the best thing I ever did - even if it was a very difficult time.

John Piercy too as I recall.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Must have made decision himself. Just before half time was thinking hasnt got forward in support of forwards

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Missed his leadership and presence when he went off. Noticeable First 10 minutes second half when we were very shaky- think the other players also missed him

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Couple of bits of sublime skill in the first half. Hopefully just proactively managing his game time and will be fit for Arsenal. Hopefully will also have Lamptey back. I wonder if West Ham away, with their bunch of Giants was deemed not to be the game for Tariq.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Couple of bits of sublime skill in the first half. Hopefully just proactively managing his game time and will be fit for Arsenal. Hopefully will also have Lamptey back. I wonder if West Ham away, with their bunch of Giants was deemed not to be the game for Tariq.

I think Potter said Post-match that Tariq won't be back for a few games yet, unfortunately

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here