Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
We just can’t rely on him. Can’t help thinking he’s shot.

You can’t keep starting him in games only for him to go off with results still at stake. Alzate wasn’t up to it when he came on but was needed for the shape.

I’d rather start with 11 fit players and be able to make a decision as to when to substitute them. Welbeck has been a far better free transfer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We just can’t rely on him. Can’t help thinking he’s shot.

You can’t keep starting him in games only for him to go off with results still at stake. Alzate wasn’t up to it when he came on but was needed for the shape.

I’d rather start with 11 fit players and be able to make a decision as to when to substitute them. Welbeck has been a far better free transfer.

He’s not shot, he still has undoubted quality when you get him on the ball.

But I do agree, this whole ‘sub him off at half-time’ routine is getting a bit silly. I’d rather him play the whole 90mins and miss the next game, rather than having to make wholesale changes every half.

Let’s see how it goes.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
He’s not shot, he still has undoubted quality when you get him on the ball.

But I do agree, this whole ‘sub him off at half-time’ routine is getting a bit silly. I’d rather him play the whole 90mins and miss the next game, rather than having to make wholesale changes every half.

Let’s see how it goes.

Perhaps playing him further forward where his defensive responsibilities are lessened
That said he does seem keen on pressing the opposition
But generally does not get much assistance from his team mates
If GP does not fancy the likes of Molumby or Alzate alongside Biss fingers crossed Moder will fill that position

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The issue is that we are not taking our chances and killing the game when Llana is on and fit. If we did that then having him play one half would not be an issue.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Laughable giving a 3 year a contract to a sicknote who takes the pace out of virtually every attack we get

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Obvious nonsense, but you lose a bit having someone who can't get around the pitch and it limits the subs you can make knowing you've always got to keep one back for him when he's on the pitch

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Perhaps playing him further forward where his defensive responsibilities are lessened
That said he does seem keen on pressing the opposition
But generally does not get much assistance from his team mates
If GP does not fancy the likes of Molumby or Alzate alongside Biss fingers crossed Moder will fill that position

I know nothing about Molder but given that most new foreign intakes have been given months before being integrated I wouldnt hold out too much hope

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
At beginning of season often in and around box supporting front players. Last 2 games spent most of time round half way line

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quality.

With his recent LFC injury record, I thought he’d miss most games. But he’s shone in a load of games already.

Unlike every other creator in our squad, he’s ALWAYS forward thinking and forward passing, his footballing brain one step ahead, composed in midfield EPL maelstroms.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Must have passed our strict medical tests, so presumably was ‘fit enough’ when he signed.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
At beginning of season often in and around box supporting front players. Last 2 games spent most of time round half way line

The BBC website had an "average position" graphic for the first half. Lallana's position was EXACTLY on the half-way line.... [But Welbeck, Maupay, March, Trossard and White were all ahead of him, so it seems he was given a slightly deeper role today, presumably to provide the creative link between the back three and the forward players (along with Biss]

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Personally, I think he's a luxury we absolutely do not need. He's getting in the way of Alzate getting a settled place in the team. Jakub Moder when he's around the squad, or Davy Propper who was on the bench today, should be ahead of him in this formation. Personally, I wouldn't be playing this formation. I'd have 4-2-3-1 with Mac Allister/Gross playing as the number 10 (their preferred position) with Maupay/Welbeck as the number 9 with attacking options around them actually playing wide.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Needs to be playing as a number 10.
He is the creative spark and can do some nice quick one-touch interchanges with Welbeck.
Hate where he's been playing lately, back with Bissouma. Seems a waste.

I actually quite like White with Bissouma in the middle. It's rock solid.
And White has the vision to pick out forward runs, with precision passes. At least, I wish he would do it more.

Gutted to hear the news about Lamptey...
If we intend to always play three at the back, the wingbacks need to be able to carry the ball quickly, dribble, cross, get in the box - everything Lamptey and March can do.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I actually quite like White with Bissouma in the middle. It's rock solid.
And White has the vision to pick out forward runs, with precision passes. At least, I wish he would do it more.

They're definitely rock solid together but neither are playmakers. They would be fine together in games we're looking to play more defensively but otherwise Bissouma needs a Lallana/Gross/Propper type next to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here