Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

adam el abd will join bristol

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Uncle Buck said:

Also he never got done for drink driving, think it was more along the line of drunken and disorderly. Big, big difference.

Absolutely. Bomber likes a beer and a fight. Its Adam Hinshelwood who does a Juan Pablo Montoya impression whilst under the influence without insurance.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
mccammon......

last time we won a game against a decent set of opponents mccammon was in the team and scored. think that says everything

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Hannibal smith said:
Absolutely. Bomber likes a beer and a fight. Its Adam Hinshelwood who does a Juan Pablo Montoya impression whilst under the influence without insurance.

And what a twat hinshelwood was for that! Didn't he also crash, then leave the scene and go to the pub!

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
From today's Argus:

We need to do it again
by Andy Naylor

Albion manager Mark McGhee Albion manager Mark McGhee today urged his players to pull off a winning coincidence before putting their feet up for a fortnight.

The Seagulls' only Championship victory so far, at home to Plymouth, arrived immediately prior to an international break.

McGhee's side have an opportunity to stage a repeat against under-achieving Norwich at Withdean tomorrow, following four draws and a defeat by leaders Sheffield United since England were humbled by Northern Ireland.

"We have still not progressed in the sense of the number of points we have taken and we have got to at some point start winning games," McGhee said.

"But we have improved again over this period and if we can finish it with a win it would set us up for the next period.

"The amazing thing for me is that we really think we are now a team that can beat Norwich.

"That is not born out of blind optimism but evidence of what I have seen on the pitch and the chances we are making and how we are defending as well."

Norwich, relegated from the Premiership, are without the injured Dean Ashton, who scored twice for Crewe at Withdean last season.

They still have the dangerous Darren Huckerby on the left and McGhee is not fooled by their modest form so far.

"I'm sure it's a hangover from the disappointment of not surviving last year," he said.

"At some point they will click into gear. Let's hope it is after the international break that it happens.

"When you see somebody like Huckerby on the teamsheet you think he is going to be a danger to us.

"Reidy (Paul Reid) will have to do well to contain him but Reidy has shown in the past that he is up to it."

Virus victim Gary Hart, sidelined from last Saturday's 1-1 draw at Burnley and Tuesday's goalless stalemate at Leicester, resumed training yesterday and could be on the bench.

Adam El-Abd, fourth choice rightback behind Reid, the injured Jason Dodd and Hart, is about to be sent out on loan.

McGhee revealed: "We've had no direct approach from anybody but I think it is time that he should go on loan after this game. He needs to get games because he is not even on the bench."

El-Abd, 21, made his last Championship appearance at the end of last season in the home draw with Norwich's neighbours Ipswich which kept Albion up.

His only appearance so far this season was in the Carling Cup exit at Shrewsbury.

McGhee said: "That was an opportunity for him that he didn't take and as a consequnce he has stalled a little bit at the moment.

"He's got to see if he can kick his progress back into gear and I think going to play competitive first team football is more likely to do that than anything."

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Scarface said:

Adam El-Abd, fourth choice rightback behind Reid, the injured Jason Dodd and Hart, is about to be sent out on loan.

McGhee revealed: "We've had no direct approach from anybody but I think it is time that he should go on loan after this game. He needs to get games because he is not even on the bench."

El-Abd, 21, made his last Championship appearance at the end of last season in the home draw with Norwich's neighbours Ipswich which kept Albion up.

His only appearance so far this season was in the Carling Cup exit at Shrewsbury.

McGhee said: "That was an opportunity for him that he didn't take and as a consequnce he has stalled a little bit at the moment.

"He's got to see if he can kick his progress back into gear and I think going to play competitive first team football is more likely to do that than anything."

:clap2: i think that means my original statement was sort of correct. VICTORY

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here