Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Boulton Sky News

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Boulton had probably been waiting years for a pop at Campbell on live telly and got his knickers in a twist when he did not get his own way.

Yeah, top telly.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
It is well known that Andrew Neil is a Tory, but he is still able to conduct political interviews in relaxed and unbiased way. The political beliefs of individual journalists do not matter, the problem is some of them are just not very good at their jobs.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just watched the whole interview, thought it was quite funny and was waiting for Boulton to have a stroke, he should be careful getting that excited at his age.:laugh:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It is well known that Andrew Neil is a Tory, but he is still able to conduct political interviews in relaxed and unbiased way. The political beliefs of individual journalists do not matter, the problem is some of them are just not very good at their jobs.

The BBC does it better. It's well known that Nick Robinson is a Tory and that, previous political editor, Andrew Marr, was a leftie, but they generally conducted themselves in an unbiased manner (Robinson slipped a bit yesterday when he revealed his disappointment at the lack of a Con/LD deal, but even Homer nods, that was fair enough).

Sky News has completely lost it this election - it's thrown all notions of impartial broadcasting out of the window, it's not been an edifying sight.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The BBC does it better. It's well known that Nick Robinson is a Tory and that, previous political editor, Andrew Marr, was a leftie, but they generally conducted themselves in an unbiased manner (Robinson slipped a bit yesterday when he revealed his disappointment at the lack of a Con/LD deal, but even Homer nods, that was fair enough).

Sky News has completely lost it this election - it's thrown all notions of impartial broadcasting out of the window, it's not been an edifying sight.
Please stop insulting our intelligence with rubbish about the BBC being impartial.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Please stop insulting our intelligence with rubbish about the BBC being impartial.

The BBC scores consistently highly when it comes to being assessed for impartiality. Something like two-thirds to three-quarters of the population think it's impartial. And when you consider that of the remainder, roughly a half think it's pro-Labour and roughly half pro-Tory, it seems to be doing something right.

It also regularly polls well as one of the Uk's most trusted organisations. I don't work for the BBC, I've never worked for the BBC, but I can't help but admire its integrity.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The BBC scores consistently highly when it comes to being assessed for impartiality. Something like two-thirds to three-quarters of the population think it's impartial. And when you consider that of the remainder, roughly a half think it's pro-Labour and roughly half pro-Tory, it seems to be doing something right.

It also regularly polls well as one of the Uk's most trusted organisations. I don't work for the BBC, I've never worked for the BBC, but I can't help but admire its integrity.
Who conducts these polls alan yentob ? when you have the likes of james naughtie talking about when ' we ' win the election, and the phrase ' balanced parliament ' suddenly appearing out of nowhere on the BBC news , dont talk to me about impartiality .

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Radio Five Live now has Malcolm Rifkind accusing Messrs Brown and Clegg of engaging in Robert Mugabe style politics.

This is better than mud wrestling:lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Who conducts these polls alan yentob ?

Guardian/ICM poll
Public rejects Murdoch view of BBC, says ICM poll | Media | The Guardian
69% think the BBC is trustworthy, 77% think it's an institution to be proud of.

It should also be pointed out that the BBC has produced several reports on impartiality and its own press coverage over the years - there was one in 2007 after LiveAid and Make Poverty History, there was one after the Hutton Report, there was one after the Oryx diamond libel action. I can't think of any other organisation that is so willing to examine itself in public and be open with its findings.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
What I find said is that Harty now only seems to start threads about politics. Where's the Albion loving Harty of old?

I have to say the election coverage and debate on NSC has been top drawer, all views have been aired and its been reallty interesting.

And I still love the Albion and after yesterday I'm looking forward to chairing FDM testimonial year.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Guardian/ICM poll
Public rejects Murdoch view of BBC, says ICM poll | Media | The Guardian
69% think the BBC is trustworthy, 77% think it's an institution to be proud of.

It should also be pointed out that the BBC has produced several reports on impartiality and its own press coverage over the years - there was one in 2007 after LiveAid and Make Poverty History, there was one after the Hutton Report, there was one after the Oryx diamond libel action. I can't think of any other organisation that is so willing to examine itself in public and be open with its findings.
guardian/ icm poll, says it all really :lolol:, and the BBC producing reports on its impartiality ? I'd give more credence to the old pravda .

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
guardian/ icm poll, says it all really :lolol:, and the BBC producing reports on its impartiality ? I'd give more credence to the old pravda .

Who is the Guardian politically biased towards then in your head?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Who is the Guardian politically biased towards then in your head?
you cannot be f***ing serious :lolol: , labour all day long, it may well have endorsed the lib dems this time round, purely as a keep the tories out tactic, but its a labour paper, im incredulous that you have either the front or naivete to ask the question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here