Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Boulton Sky News

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Touched another nerve there then. Boulton might as well where a blue tie and Tory rosette. Only on Sky would he still be allowed to appear after the last 2 days he has had.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
you cannot be f***ing serious :lolol: , labour all day long, it may well have endorsed the lib dems this time round, purely as a keep the tories out tactic, but its a labour paper, im incredulous that you have either the front or naivete to ask the question.

It's a left wing paper, but it supported a different party in the general election and criticizes the Labour Government far more than any other party. It obviously opposes the Tories strongly but i'd expect any proper newspaper based on compassion or intelligence should oppose a Tory party with no polices and extremist allies in Europe

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It should also be pointed out that the poll was carried out by ICM, a respected polling organisation, rather than the Guardian itself.

ICM was also the polling organisation that was closest to the final election result - so it's scarcely some rogue pollster.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
It should also be pointed out that the poll was carried out by ICM, a respected polling organisation, rather than the Guardian itself.

ICM was also the polling organisation that was closest to the final election result - so it's scarcely some rogue pollster.

Yeah, all of us believe you Gwylan, well, nearly all of us.:laugh:

Everlast

Sep 3, 2009
The right wing buffoons are going mental on here! Unlucky guys, the Tory Party can't even be elected after the polls were stating they would have a land slide! Will they ever come back from this? I don't think so. Golden boy Cameron looks like a fool now!

I'd be happy with a Lab/Lib coalition. If only for the fact that the Conservatives could then sit back while those 'buffoons' make a complete mess of things. This will also give the Tories time to regroup and formulate some decent policies.

By the time we have another election (probably 6 to 12 months time), everyone will be heartily fed up of a hung parliament and will vote the Conservatives in with a workable majority :thumbsup:

EDIT: Let's also not forget that the Tories were only 16,000 votes away in 15 to 20 marginal seats from being elected with an overall majority.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'd be happy with a Lab/Lib coalition. If only for the fact that the Conservatives could then sit back while those 'buffoons' make a complete mess of things. This will also give the Tories time to regroup and formulate some decent policies.

By the time we have another election (probably 6 to 12 months time), everyone will be heartily fed up of a hung parliament and will vote the Conservatives in with a workable majority :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

FFS -they have had 14 years to formulate some decent policies!

Hopefully, a Lib/Lab coalition will last long enough to bring in PR before it crumbles, then lets see how the Tories fair. Even Sky/Fox won't be able to see them through.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

EDIT: Let's also not forget that the Tories were only 16,000 votes away in 15 to 20 marginal seats from being elected with an overall majority.

The tories have had 13 years to come up with some policies and they went for "Vote for Change"

Everlast

Sep 3, 2009
FFS -they have had 14 years to formulate some decent policies!

Hopefully, a Lib/Lab coalition will last long enough to bring in PR before it crumbles, then lets see how the Tories fair. Even Sky/Fox won't be able to see them through.

The Tories made the mistake during this election campaign of using far too many soundbites. It made their message unclear to the country. No one actually understood what they meant by 'big society' or 'vote for change'. They also made far too much use of Cameron and not nearly enough of his shadow cabinet (the one weak link there is Osborne and I'd replace him with Ken Clarke). However, If/when there is another election then they need to convey their policies to the public; loud and clear.

PR would be a disaster for this country and our democracy. It would mean that we would never be able to vote out a party that was disliked and unwanted. Fortunately though, it will never be ratified in Parliament because the Tories will vote against it. There are even some in the Labour party who do not favour it.

Everlast

Sep 3, 2009
Yes, and 'change' is all we'll have in our pockets after their cuts are implemented.

Oh come on.

The UK is broke financially. We're heavily in debt and cuts will be needed. All three political parties know this yet all of them were dishonest in not admitting this during the election campaign.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
The Tories made the mistake during this election campaign of using far too many soundbites. It made their message unclear to the country. No one actually understood what they meant by 'big society' or 'vote for change'. They also made far too much use of Cameron and not nearly enough of his shadow cabinet (the one weak link there is Osborne and I'd replace him with Ken Clarke). However, If/when there is another election then they need to convey their policies to the public; loud and clear.

PR would be a disaster for this country and our democracy. It would mean that we would never be able to vote out a party that was disliked and unwanted. Fortunately though, it will never be ratified in Parliament because the Tories will vote against it. There are even some in the Labour party who do not favour it.

Your right, the Tories did make many mistakes but the question has to be asked if they cannot do it now, can they ever?

I'm not so anti-PR as I was before this whole debate was recently raised, I used to think like you. I can see new parties forming, the Greens getting bigger, the Libs getting bigger, religious parties forming, you might even get a Muslim party,it might be quite exciting and democratic at the same time.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Was boulton actually interviewing Campbell? The clip I saw (the first one posted here) it looked like he and campbell were both being interviewed by a third person.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Just watched the full clip, it's even more shocking how Boulton behaved.

I don't think Gordon Brown should be the only person resigning...

[yt]1gkHwU4DRA8[/yt]

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Totally unprofessional of Boulton, incredible really. He`s got to go after that, surely? He`s the reporter for christs sake. And as for Kay Burley, see link (sound needs turning up) if I`d been interviewed like this I would have cheerfully slapped her, female or no female! They should both resign after this week, puts sky news in the category of gutter press, very, very bad!:ohmy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELJh2bTK1ew&feature=related

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
To me they both came across as egotistical idots that just wanted to out shout each other.

Didn't Sky cut away from them when they were mid discussion?

Call me old Skool but much prefer the Beeb coverage!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here