Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Boulton Sky News

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The LibDems need to think long and hard about where they go from here. Obviously they have much more in common with Labour than the Tories. However, if they prop up a defeated (effectively) Labour party then they will have a hard time arguing that they have been acting in the national interest and not simply looking out for their own. Add to this the fact that they would then have their own name on whatever cuts may follow (which they will get whichever way they jump) and there is the possibility that they might be decimated in a future election.

I wouldn't want to be Mr. Clegg right now. Kingmaker sounds grand but is a sod of a position to be in.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The right wing buffoons are going mental on here! Unlucky guys, the Tory Party can't even be elected after the polls were stating they would have a land slide! Will they ever come back from this? I don't think so. Golden boy Cameron looks like a fool now!

Don't count your chickens.........

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Adam Boulton is obviously very touchy about the perception that he is a Tory. Any decent political interviewer - Paxo, Day, Dimbleby, Humphries, Frost etc - needs to be seen to be fair and impartial, and Boulton clearly aspires to be on that list.

For me, he DOES come across as Tory and I thought his mention to Nick Clegg of being on the front pages for tittle-tattle about expenses during PM Debate 2 crossed the line on that occasion.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Labour are clearly pissed off they've lost Murdoch's support and accused Sky and iirc Boulton personally of being biased which is why Boulton's irked. His professionalism has been called into question and he's been accused of breaking broadcasting rules.

Campbell's just a c**t, an unelected one at that.

spooky

Jan 1, 2008
Hello Harty How the devil are you, its mr c who ran worthing united with mr curtis

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've got no time for Campbell but I think he won that one. Adam Boulton is supposed to be an impartial interviewer but he completely lost it there.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
There's no way a journalist should allow himself to get so wound up and lose control like that. Totally unprofessional.

Isn't Adam Boulton married to somebody connected to the Labour Party?

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I don't blame Campbell for getting in a few shots at Boulton. Boulton has been sniping and lying about Campbell for years. Good on AC I say. Actually it was quite funny seeing that slug get a taste of his own medicine.
Campbell is an aggressive individual but the Tories would have given their back teeth for a Press Secretary so effective. The Tory press for years tried to ruin him, as did the BBC and both failed.
For the AC haters I would suggest picking up a copy of the "The Blair Years" for a different insight, I'm not saying its all truthful but its not the usual bile from the Mail and anything Murdoch.
I like Campbell, he nailed his colours firmly to the post and backed 100% what he believed in, commands respect in my opinion.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Haven't seen this but Adam Boulton is a prick. It's amazing how whenever a Tory figure appears on Sky that they're given no trouble at all, yet whenever anybody associated with Labour comes on they're constantly hounded.

I hate the way the media are allowed to take sides with political parties. It's just wrong. People should have the right to make their own choices, not try and be brainwashed by the papers or the news.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Let's not forget that Sky News/Murdoch were making noises about changing the rules about fair reporting and being unbiased. If they had succeeded, how long before Sky News were a mirror image of Fox News?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
The worst presenter on Sky News is Kay Burley by the way, completely and utterly useless although Boulton has become increasingly annoying over the course of the election coverage.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Tory sympathisers seem to view this as a "victory" for Boulton whereas I think most impartial people would agree Campbell comes out of it slightly better, although neither man has covered himself in glory.

It's an embarrassment how biased towards Murdoch's current party of choice all his media interests are.

I wonder if this might turn up on Have I Got News For You this week...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Whoever 'won' that debate, it was hilarious TV that will be repeated for years to come!

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Labour are clearly pissed off they've lost Murdoch's support and accused Sky and iirc Boulton personally of being biased which is why Boulton's irked. His professionalism has been called into question and he's been accused of breaking broadcasting rules.

Campbell's just a c**t, an unelected one at that.
Campbell may well be a James Hunt but surely no one now can have any doibts about Boulton's lack of impartiality. What with this and the Kay Burely haranguing the protestor story the other day, Sky news seems to have lost all vestige of imprtiality since the election. I say this as a subscriber to the Times.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I've got no time for Campbell but I think he won that one. Adam Boulton is supposed to be an impartial interviewer but he completely lost it there.

Eggsactly. How anyone can watch that and see it any differently is beyond me. Campbell didn't even need to do anything much, just stay calm while Boulton went off.

Either way though, hilarious tv

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here