Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Action against LDC/Forfars.....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Grendel said:
All that hurts is independant shopkeepers, who are struggling enough as it is, and who have had nothing to do with this decision by the council.

They need to make it quite clear that they do not accept the councils decision...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If, IF, Forfars are to be boycotted, (and this must be properly co-ordinated) they first need picketing. This involves standing outside the shop and POLITELY pointing out to customers the errors of Forfars' owners' way.

To that end, assuming we can get flyers knocked up, does anyone fancy helping out at Forfars on Fiveways tomorrow morning?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
If, IF, Forfars are to be boycotted, (and this must be properly co-ordinated) they first need picketing. This involves standing outside the shop and POLITELY pointing out to customers the errors of Forfars' owners' way.

To that end, assuming we can get flyers knocked up, does anyone fancy helping out at Forfars on Fiveways tomorrow morning?

Point them in the direction of Ravens innit.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I would say I'd help but I can't guaruntee being out of bed! If you do I'll pop up when I can though, got nowt better to do.

First of all, confession time ...

Just as, years ago, I used to work with David Bellotti :eek: , I need to cough up to the fact that, also years ago, I used to do a lot of work with a band that was led by Tim Cutress.

But that's not important right now.

Since I have known the guy for many years, I still have regular conversations with him, both at games and at places like the Public Inquiry.

All I would say is that he has never brought his business into the Anti-Stadium Campaign - mainly because he knows that, just like any other Brighton-based business, most of the people who work for Forfars are supporters of the Albion and the Falmer Stadium.

I'm not going to argue against a boycott (other than to suggest that it won't influence Lewes District Council), but I do suggest that people approach any action with the thought that the people who work for the firm are, quite possibly, ON OUR SIDE.

Go gently with the staff. They are only doing a job.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
got nowt better to do.
You should take up Golf, know where I will be tororrow morning:clap:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I am willing to drive down from the North East for any demonstration and will pick up others on the way

this is beneath contempt and truly outrageous

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Uncle Buck said:
It is outrageous as we do not agree with it. However I guess it is still their democratic right to take the Government to court...

it is outrageous because they cannot accept democracy, 65,000 petition, 2 public inquiries and the final decision of the Deputy Prime Minister

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lord Bracknell said:
First of all, confession time ...

Just as, years ago, I used to work with David Bellotti :eek: , I need to cough up to the fact that, also years ago, I used to do a lot of work with a band that was led by Tim Cutress.

But that's not important right now.

Since I have known the guy for many years, I still have regular conversations with him, both at games and at places like the Public Inquiry.

All I would say is that he has never brought his business into the Anti-Stadium Campaign - mainly because he knows that, just like any other Brighton-based business, most of the people who work for Forfars are supporters of the Albion and the Falmer Stadium.

I'm not going to argue against a boycott (other than to suggest that it won't influence Lewes District Council), but I do suggest that people approach any action with the thought that the people who work for the firm are, quite possibly, ON OUR SIDE.

Go gently with the staff. They are only doing a job.

stop being so bloody reasonable....NSC is on a witchhunt here and Melanie Cutress is that witch:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

BURN HER:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On the Left Wing said:
it is outrageous because they cannot accept democracy, 65,000 petition, 2 public inquiries and the final decision of the Deputy Prime Minister

Sorry...when has a petition ever been democracy?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
dave the gaffer said:
Sorry...when has a petition ever been democracy?

Earth calling Dave...it's hardly a bad sign, is it, something signed by 65,000 people? What other local issue has EVER received that degree of popular support?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
On the Left Wing said:

I guess 2 inspectors turned it down.

I want the thing in Falmer, but I can sadly see where they are coming from in exhausting every route possible to stop it. It is using the channels available to them.

Also their residents did not get to vote on the referendum.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Man of Harveys said:
Earth calling Dave...it's hardly a bad sign, is it, something signed by 65,000 people? What other local issue has EVER received that degree of popular support?

Alpha Centuri calling earth......

YeahInow, it was great support from football fans, local residents etc.

Just shows the groundswell of opinion was in our favour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here