Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Action against LDC/Forfars.....

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
But nor do Forfars? What are LDC going to lose by Forfars being mildy annoyed? Nothing

If shopkeepers that keep people in employment inside LDC area start getting pissed off with the council over their actions they might actually think about what they are doing.

No way in the world that they would be put off by a forfars boycott.

with all due respect Mr Hatter

f*** OFF

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
The point about a Forfar's boycott is that it is directed at someone (one of the owners) who is doing everything she can to stop the stadium. Once the people of Lewes realise that their council are risking thousands of pounds of their money in this action - which we need to make sure they do at any protest - that will have far more impact in concentrating local minds than a boycott of unconnected business (some of which will be run by people in favour of or indifferent to the stadium)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The core of Forfars business is older people, or office workers buying out of convenience, I really cant see it hitting them that hard as these people are unlikely to be that fazed by a boycott.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Isn't it Ironic that Forfars do Albion gingerbread men and they like , hypocrits. I will never walk in Forfars again

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But nor do Forfars? What are LDC going to lose by Forfars being mildy annoyed? Nothing

If shopkeepers that keep people in employment inside LDC area start getting pissed off with the council over their actions they might actually think about what they are doing.

No way in the world that they would be put off by a forfars boycott.
I'm sorry, but boycotting independent traders in Lewes because of LDC's protracted campaign to kill the Albion is NOT the way to go about this. As Grendel said, its no fault of theirs so why should they be hit in the pocket ? We've got to direct this campaign against the right people, or we'll just end up getting a bad press ourselves.

Forfars is fair game though.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Infernal Optimist said:
Surely, their must be some recourse for a LDC resident to take legal action against the council for this waste of public money?

I would be quite happy to pay into a fund to cover their expenses as I'm sure many others on here would be.

this is the way to go.

personally i'd happily contribute £250 if a fund could be started.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Rougvie said:
The core of Forfars business is older people, or office workers buying out of convenience, I really cant see it hitting them that hard as these people are unlikely to be that fazed by a boycott.

Oi, theres me, DTG, Gwylan, OTLW and loads of other old people on here and some of us work in offices :lolol:

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ok I'll shut up. Point remains though that you need to do something that makes LDC think about the repercussions of their actions.

n0 shit sherlock

give that man a biscuit ( Forfars gingerbread is very nice)

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I agree with Mr Hatter. Surely what matters is LDC, not the opinions of those that own Forfars.

By all means boycott Forfars, but any action should be directed against those who are directly harming the club: LDC.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If we can picket outside the shop that would be great. Hand out leaflets to people going in the shop etc. People may think twice then about going in. Gentle bullying one may say but VERY effective.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Duncan H said:
I agree with Mr Hatter. Surely what matters is LDC, not the opinions of those that own Forfars.

By all means boycott Forfars, but any action should be directed against those who are directly harming the club: LDC.

But if this goes to court, the chances are the owners of Forfar's are going to stump up a lot of the Falmer cash and they will be harming the Albion.

Time to get the first shot in?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Locky said:
I'm sure the lewes business community will be well impressed with their council spending £200,000 on this rather than flood defences......................It beggers belief and the people of Lewes need to be made aware.

With any luck, the various offices that hand out grants, redevelopment contracts etc are making it very clear to LDC that due to this action (they are attempting to take the Government to court) they are at the bottom of every list and will remain there for an awful long time to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here