Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acceptable Lateness?

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Its sad that life has come to this but girls are now liberated. Which means they get to go out, get drunk, take drugs, fight and fall about in the gutter.

Underpinning this are unrealistic expectations of body image etc perpetrated by magazines and TV advertising. Hence the insecurities have developed and girls have, in reality, taken a real step backwards.

Hey yeah. I'm nothing like that. I don't have to go out take drugs, drink myself into gutter, etc. etc. You can be a liberated woman without acting like a complete idiot and throwing your life away.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
bunny_design_01.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
She wasn't the one who was late, he was! It's manners to let the person know if you are running late, and it is not up to the person waiting around to start chasing! Either be there on time, make contact at the agreed time if you are running late, or do nothing and don't be surprised if you finally arrive to find nobody waiting for you! Respect doesn't cost much, but you seem to be lacking it GR!

I'd actually go further. It's very important to honour your word and be on time. If you don't keep your word, don't be surprised if no one believes a word you say. That's what I'd say to this chappie. I'd also say that if he even thinks there's a good chance he will be be late, he should say so at the earliest opportunity rather than do it when he is late. Then, brightonlass would know where she stands with him.

Brightonlass, however, appears hellbent on unconsciously setting up situations where she can be the helpless, innocent victim. If she really was committed to him being on time, she could find what it would it take for this chap to be on time. Does he know why it's in his own interests to be on time? Does he know that blaming her for walking off / pretending not to notice / being an ostrich about the situation don't work as strategies? Does he know that he has a choice over whether he is on time, and if he is late, he can't go round blaming external factors? Not everyone is blessed with good time-keeping and Brightonlass appears to be. She might not think it her job to do this, but she would stand to gain if she helped this chap to become interested in and discover his time-management skills.

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I'd actually go further. It's very important to honour your word and be on time. If you don't keep your word, don't be surprised if no one believes a word you say. That's what I'd say to this chappie. I'd also say that if he even thinks there's a good chance he will be be late, he should say so at the earliest opportunity rather than do it when he is late. Then, brightonlass would know where she stands with him.

Brightonlass, however, appears hellbent on unconsciously setting up situations where she can be the helpless, innocent victim. If she really was committed to him being on time, she could find what it would it take for this chap to be on time. Does he know why it's in his own interests to be on time? Does he know that blaming her for walking off / pretending not to notice / being an ostrich about the situation don't work as strategies? Does he know that he has a choice over whether he is on time, and if he is late, he can't go round blaming external factors? Not everyone is blessed with good time-keeping and Brightonlass appears to be. She might not think it her job to do this, but she would stand to gain if she helped this chap to become interested in and discover his time-management skills.

Interesting friction between Goldstone-Rapper and Brightonlass. I know this stems from a previous set of posts, but this almost comes across as stalking her posts to point out that she is one of nature's victims (by choice or accident).

Is there some other history we are not aware of?

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Interesting friction between Goldstone-Rapper and Brightonlass. I know this stems from a previous set of posts, but this almost comes across as stalking her posts to point out that she is one of nature's victims (by choice or accident).

Is there some other history we are not aware of?

Well I'm certainly not aware of any.
Also I'm getting a bit bloody sick of having to defend myself when it comes to Goldstone-Rapper.

Last edited:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I always feel bad if I keep someone waiting but I let them know and apologise - usually out of my own hands like train delays or traffic jams. There's people that say a time when they mean half an hour later so I usually nip to the pub/bookies and just accept that's how they are.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well I'm certainly not aware of any.
Also I'm getting a bit bloody sick of having to defend myself when it comes to Goldstone-Rapper.

Actually, I'm not aware of any friction either. You happen to start threads about issues that are of interest to you, me and many other NSCers (judging from the number of responses) and I happen to have and share a different perspective. That's all. If this isn't clear for you that I mean no animosity, then I apologise, and take full responsibility in not being clear.

To be clear: I'll agree when I agree, and challenge when it makes available an alternative course of action. But in all of that, none of what I have said is designed to upset.

Last edited:

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Actually, I'm not aware of any friction either. You happen to start threads about issues that are of interest to you, me and many other NSCers (judging from the number of responses) and I happen to have and share a different perspective. That's all. If this isn't clear for you that I mean no animosity, then I apologise, and take full responsibility in not being clear.

To be clear: I'll agree when I agree, and challenge when it makes available an alternative course of action. But in all of that, none of what I have said is designed to upset.

Thank you for making that clear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here