Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acceptable Lateness?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If you have the word doormat written on your forehead, people are going to walk all over you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's hard isn't it though. You don't want to come across as unreasonable but you shouldn't have your time wasted by others either. I would say give people a second chance and if they continue to be tardy then write them off as flaky.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It's hard isn't it though. You don't want to come across as unreasonable but you shouldn't have your time wasted by others either. I would say give people a second chance and if they continue to be tardy then write them off as flaky.

It is not unreasonable to expect someone to phone and let you know that they will be late. This sounds very old fashioned but I would have said that it is never acceptable to be late when meeting a lady and if you are going to be late, you phone and let her know so that she is not hanging around somewhere where she may not feel comfortable. It shows that you care - what this young man has demonstrated is that he could not give a damn.

Right, where are my pipe and slippers?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is not unreasonable to expect someone to phone and let you know that they will be late. This sounds very old fashioned but I would have said that it is never acceptable to be late when meeting a lady and if you are going to be late, you phone and let her know so that she is not hanging around somewhere where she may not feel comfortable. It shows that you care - what this young man has demonstrated is that he could not give a damn.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, but it is sometimes worth giving someone thebenefit of the doubt once. Only once mind. Also depends how they act when they do eventually show up. Do they care? Are they concerned they made you wait? However, 50 mins is stretching it a bit.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Many young girls nowadays are wracked with low self confidence. Once this is sussed out by the boys, these girls command no respect and are just vehicles for free sex. Long may it continue.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Nice to know the age of Chivalry is still alive and well!!

Its sad that life has come to this but girls are now liberated. Which means they get to go out, get drunk, take drugs, fight and fall about in the gutter.

Underpinning this are unrealistic expectations of body image etc perpetrated by magazines and TV advertising. Hence the insecurities have developed and girls have, in reality, taken a real step backwards.

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Its sad that life has come to this but girls are now liberated. Which means they get to go out, get drunk, take drugs, fight and fall about in the gutter.

Underpinning this are unrealistic expectations of body image etc perpetrated by magazines and TV advertising. Hence the insecurities have developed and girls have, in reality, taken a real step backwards.

Liberated women is fine - nothing wrong with that. Does not mean that they should not be treated with respect, unless, of course, their actions towards you or others deserve otherwise.

Are young ladies so insecure that they do not expect to be treated with respect? That is very sad if that is the case. But then I suppose if you are force fed garbage about Jordan and her ilk being a great mum and role model, then I should not be surprised. Sad. Am very glad I do not have daughters.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Don't worry, didn't take it the wrong way. :thumbsup:

Bet that's dissapointed a few on here!

When i was in the chippy at Swindon last week, they had a load of DVD's (freebies from papers) that were on sale for charity. Some lads were flicking through and I recommended 'Clockwise' the John Cleese film.

They didn't take up the offer but that's the ulimate 'lateness' story so try and watch it some dull day and it'll make you smile.

Erm, match is pretty dull isn't it?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3654042 said:
Gives you a clicky jaw after a while though.

that's when you need a smear of pedigree chum and an obedient little dog - gives you a break during the boring part and then you jump back on for the vinegar strokes and take all the credit. the only downside is the taste of beefy dog spit although that might be an improvement on some birds.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I'm a little bit OCD - 5 minutes early for every bloody appointment, but I think that comes from a Forces background. Wifey on the other hand is almost deliberately 5 minutes late and it drives me mental.

The lack of phone call or text in this day and age is not good, it's not difficult to let someone know if you are unavoidably late.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
I wholeheartedly agree with you, but it is sometimes worth giving someone thebenefit of the doubt once. Only once mind. Also depends how they act when they do eventually show up. Do they care? Are they concerned they made you wait? However, 50 mins is stretching it a bit.

He didn't seem too concerned. In fact he was the one claiming I was late because I'd gotten bored and walked off. ???

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
He didn't seem too concerned. In fact he was the one claiming I was late because I'd gotten bored and walked off. ???

Sorry to seem judgemental, but this bloke sounds like a complete and utter twat...I don't think he is deserving of your attention, you can do far better, pick yourself up and move on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here