Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolutely disgraceful

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I haven't posted on here in a long time.. but after reading the whole thread, am I the only one who thinks this happens at every other ground in the country?? It's hardly a phenomenom exclusive to Brighton, and before people say even sky were commenting on the fact that people are leaving when it's so close etc, this also happens with shitloads of games shown on sky.. even with top premiership teams. They scan the crowd at around 90mins and remark 'oh look some people can't take any more, why would people leave when the game's so close' etc etc.

Some home fans leave early when they're losing (regardless of the scoreline) everywhere for various reasons. Whilst away fans (including our away fans) generally stay till the end (or very close) as it's more of a day/night out going to an away game, and you have many of the hardcore in attendance.

This board really has become populated by more and more absolute morons since we moved to Amex.

Absolutely this entirely.

I haven't posted on here for YEARS for various reasons (my outdated signature is a bit of a give away) but I'm laid up at home and in the mood for a RANT.

The idea that football crowds are somehow a living breathing organism (a bit like the Borg without the metal bits) that should all act the same is an enormous joke. Some will support the team with singing to the very end, some by just turning up to watch (as opposed to support) the local team, others by buying an extra pie, others by introducing their kids to the wonders of football.

We are getting 20,000 at the moment and they are 20,000 individuals and if all 20,000 left after every player had been acknowledged no one would get home before midnight. Some of the 20,00 are die hards who go to every game but you are NEVER going to get 20,000 die hards. We have some supporters and we have some who come to watch football and yes there's a difference. But if you are a supporter who is getting pissed off that a mere watcher has a seat and you don't then tough shit. You had your chance to get a season ticket. I know people who haven't been for years who were getting their STs in Feb or March.

It IS the same in every big ground. On Sunday most of the Red Mancs were leaving on 70 minutes and again Sky made sure they showed it.

No one ever, in the history of the game has ever scored a goal from row F of the East Stand.

Oh, and finally, the only reason the Nigels are taking the piss is that they can leave at full time in the knowledge they have the caravan parked right outside Selhurst. They even have time to pop in to Sainsburys for a post match can of White Lightning.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon for some people its fear of ending up stuck in the back of beyond in the middle of the night. I'd recommend anyone that's able-bodied to at least once try walking back towards town. You can reach the relative civilisation of Mithras House park'n'ride in about half an hour and you can usually pick up an empty 24 or 49 bus somewhere down that way. You also get the peace of mind that you can stay til the end of the game because you're not trying to beat ten thousand other people to the station.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Would you rather we had a half filled stadium a la Selhurst Park for evening games, or a full stadium but with people leaving with 5 minutes to go? Don't forget they could have easily not bothered going at all last night and just watched it on the telly

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Im guessing that people are just frustrated that we lost. Had we won the game and people were trying to get away to make trains etc.. then no-one would give a toss!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
To be totally honest it was absolutely embarrassing watching you lot leave early this evening. Before everyone leaps on board giving it the biggun about me not being there, no, I wasn't. I'm a student in Lincoln working my arse off for a law degree and working part time to make it happen, including a ten hour shift today, so excuse me if I don't turn up to every game. If anyone fancies paying for the part of my degree that Student Finance can't cater for regardless of the 'grants' please be my guest, but until this, I'll continue to judge as long as I like.

What the hell was everyon playing at? It was a cracking game, we were on the offensive, we were only 1 goal down and you poured out in your DROVES. Bollocks to all of your "you don't know man, you weren't there" bullshit. The fact of the matter is, 95% of you gits wouldn't of had a valid reason at ALL for leaving early other than not liking the weather, the other 5% who genuinely do need to leave 2 minutes early to get that first train otherwise you end up stranded 500 miles from home, fair enough, you can keep on going :)

You other 95%, shake your f***ing heads in shame, alternatively send me your season ticket and a big bundle of cash so I can travel and live, and I'll stay for the full 90 in your place, 1-0 & you f***ed it up seems to know where people live, so ask him for the address ;-)

You decided to **** off to Uni and not support your club, so stop moaning at those that actually go. You opted to go to Uni and miss the games, others opt to leave a few minutes early. Boo Hoo. Lots of people decided they did not want to stand around waiting for trains/buses in the pouring rain, thats life. I left the Palace game on the 3rd goal, but stayed last night. No big deal is it? One person I know who waited to the final whistle then stood in the pouring rain for 40 minutes waiting for the P&R buses.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Maybe you couldn't see it on TV, but from the WSU it was apparent that there were gaps in the away end with 5 minutes to go. West Ham fans also seem to dislike standing in the rain waiting for park and ride buses.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So, you're a Hammers fan, right? And you haven't been to a game at the Amex, right? No, didn't think so. So you don't know exactly how close the train station is to the stadium, the lack of trains on an evening game or how long the wait is? On night games I get up and stand by the exits, so at the full time whistle I can get out relatively quickly. I still have to wait 40 minutes in the queue and then on the platform to get a train. If I didn't do that, I'd most likely be waiting an hour and a half.

Even Palace fans have to agree that even though many, including myself, left after the Murray goal in the 3-1, the train situation was an absolute nightmare still. How long did you lot have to wait to get on the train?

Honestly, I genuinely have no idea what on earth you're blabbering on about. I don't know if you really think I'm a Hammers fan or it was poor sarcasm or what but that's fine. No, I'm not a West Ham fan. Yes, I know where the train station is. Yes, I know how long the wait is. I've waited up to an hour at times.

dear oh dear:facepalm: pay some tax and shut the f*** up!

You're a joke account so I shouldn't really respond but I will. What tax has to do with anything in this thread I have no idea, I pay for a ticket with money I've earned, just like you. Maybe you're just jealous that you're a middle aged man who has thrown his life away and has to post on a message board on the internet to feel big, or maybe you're my age in which case I need not reply, because that's hilarious. OR you're just a nutcase throwing about you're silly joke account replies.

You have season ticket you dont use?
Do you go to any games?
How many night home game you been to? Just curious........

No, I don't have a season ticket.
Yes, I've been to three, given my distance and the money it costs, that's actually more than I really should of gone to.
One, Hull, and I stayed to the final whistle, even though I faced the prospect of being stranded 500 miles odd from home. I'm not wanting a medal, but you asked.

To everyone else, please read my original post properly before you give it the big I AM towards me, those three replies were as embarrassing as the people walking out :facepalm:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You decided to **** off to Uni and not support your club, so stop moaning at those that actually go. You opted to go to Uni and miss the games, others opt to leave a few minutes early. Boo Hoo. Lots of people decided they did not want to stand around waiting for trains/buses in the pouring rain, thats life. I left the Palace game on the 3rd goal, but stayed last night. No big deal is it? One person I know who waited to the final whistle then stood in the pouring rain for 40 minutes waiting for the P&R buses.

I've been to as many as I can, I decided to go to Uni and support my club, it's actually possible to do both you know, shock horror. Yes, and the fact that people didn't want to stand in the rain for 40 minutes is why people left early, as you said, boo hoo. It's rain, you'll dry off, and in return for staying an extra five minutes you could of seen an equaliser. I'm not moaning about going to Uni, it was my choice and I'm happy with it. But the fact that you seem to think I have to either support my club or get an education is hilarious, and I suggest you get yourself a better education too before throwing about wild accusations.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Honestly, I genuinely have no idea what on earth you're blabbering on about. I don't know if you really think I'm a Hammers fan or it was poor sarcasm or what but that's fine. No, I'm not a West Ham fan. Yes, I know where the train station is. Yes, I know how long the wait is. I've waited up to an hour at times.

Well maybe you shouldn't try and disassociate yourself from Brighton fans using terms like 'you' and 'your' and 'your place'. If you know all of that, then I don't really see how you can be so damning of those who may not want to wait an hour to catch the train. I, too, am at University, in the Midlands and thus can't get to most of the home games in term time, and I applaud those who actually go and watch us play. How can you criticise those who leave early when you self-admittedly don't go yourself? Like I said in a previous post, I'd rather have 20,000 fans who attend 85 minutes of the game, then Palace's 11,000.

On a separate note, every home team's fans leave games early so they can beat the rush. On a Saturday, it's not even noticeable. It's just because the trains are so bad on evening games and people have work in the morning.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Yes, I've been to three, given my distance and the money it costs, that's actually more than I really should of gone to.

A little tip for the future, when you're coneyancing, it should be "I'm really sorry I didn't check the deeds properly, I really should have been more thorough" :facepalm::jester:

cpfc123

Oct 31, 2010
Littlehampton
I have to get a train to portslade and then drive to Swindon and be up at 5 am for work, so if I want to leave a few mins early I fukin will. At least I was there,,,

I suppose those few minutes will make all the difference come 5am

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Well maybe you shouldn't try and disassociate yourself from Brighton fans using terms like 'you' and 'your' and 'your place'. If you know all of that, then I don't really see how you can be so damning of those who may not want to wait an hour to catch the train. I, too, am at University, in the Midlands and thus can't get to most of the home games in term time, and I applaud those who actually go and watch us play. How can you criticise those who leave early when you self-admittedly don't go yourself? Like I said in a previous post, I'd rather have 20,000 fans who attend 85 minutes of the game, then Palace's 11,000.

On a separate note, every home team's fans leave games early so they can beat the rush. On a Saturday, it's not even noticeable. It's just because the trains are so bad on evening games and people have work in the morning.

Because the game I DO go to I stay until the end. Believe me, I'm not disassociating myself from Brighton, but NSC sometimes is unreal, and I don't like to be grouped with the internet warriors that throw it about on here.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I've been to as many as I can, I decided to go to Uni and support my club, it's actually possible to do both you know, shock horror. Yes, and the fact that people didn't want to stand in the rain for 40 minutes is why people left early, as you said, boo hoo. It's rain, you'll dry off, and in return for staying an extra five minutes you could of seen an equaliser. I'm not moaning about going to Uni, it was my choice and I'm happy with it. But the fact that you seem to think I have to either support my club or get an education is hilarious, and I suggest you get yourself a better education too before throwing about wild accusations.

So it's ok for you to have reasons for not going to games but it's wrong for people who do go to games to have reasons for leaving early?

kano

Jun 17, 2011

I dont think he was actually suggesting you should pick between an education and the club. I would guess he was applying your own 'stay to the end i dont care about your situation' logic to yourself to demonstrate how unfair/stupid (delete as appropriate) it is.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Because the game I DO go to I stay until the end.
Yes, and I tend to do the same, but most of those who left early are most likely STH, who go to pretty much every game, have to get home and go to work the next morning. Leaving early could mean the difference of getting home over an hour earlier than if you stay right til the end. If I came down from Uni for a night game, I'd either stay in Sussex, or if I did go back, it wouldn't be too bad staying til the end as you know it's a one off. This is not the case for the majority.

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
It will be different on a Saturday when people can have a beer after and have no need to rush. On a Tuesday night, in the pissing down rain, with an hour to queue to get out of the middle of nowhere with work early the next day, of course people are going to leave early

Stop being so f***ing precious

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I've not commented on the leaving early threads before as I believe everyone has the right to leave when they want, BUT make no mistake you ARE letting the team down. The last 10 minutes of a match when you are 1-0 down is probably when the team needs you the most. The volume needs turning up and the lads should be roared on towards getting an equaliser.
On a personal note there is no way I could risk missing last minute goals at the expense of weather, transport, work, dinner or any other stupid reason that should come 2nd to the SEAGULLS getting a late winner!
The people that think just buying a ticket contributes to supporting the club in my opinion is way off the mark in terms of what is supporting your team. Gus and the lads want so much more than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here