Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair enough but seeing he has done **** all at Boro would suggest to me that Potter MIGHT have given up on him hopefully?

We'll have to see what happens next, I guess.

I still think there's a striker in there, so my plan would be a League 1 - or even League 2 or maybe an SPL loan - with a stipulation in his contract that he travels home with the team after an away match and doesn't distance himself from his team mates and bugger off back to Sussex every five minutes. If Barbie (or whatever her name is) wants to go with him, fine, but if she can't be arsed to move away from where she thinks she needs to be to be a reality 'stah' then he'd be better off looking elsewhere.

But hey - I'm not in charge of player development. More likely he'll probably end up having to eke out an existance on £5K or £6K a week as a lower league footballer. Poor lamb...................

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Aaron starts on the bench today against Huddersfield.

Let's hope he can get on the field at some point.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Boro 0-2 Huddersfield (60min). Balogun just came on, Connolly still on the bench.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Game should be done and dusted for Huddersfield already.

Bit of a free hit for Aaron now seeing as Boro are 0-2 down with 13 minutes to go.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, no opportunity to really influence things. Lot of hopeful balls into the box being easily batted away by a disciplined and confident Huddersfield defence. No moment where you could have expected more from him that I saw.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
1 shot from outside the box on 90+2 minutes that was blocked, but the game was long gone by then.

Impossible to glean anything either positive or negative from that.

Let's hope Aaron gets some more minutes away to Swansea on Saturday.

With Boro looking like they'll miss out on the top 6, there's just 4 games left for Aaron's loan deal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The spite thread.

I'm not sure it is from most. Seems to be mostly commentary on how he's getting on. And, if he gets in the papers it is absolutely inevitable that someone will post on here that he's in the papers.

Personally, I'm gutted he was on the bench today. I thought the loan would do him good and I don't really want one of our players sitting on the bench and getting no game time to develop themselves. But, given his stats the last time out, it's not really surprising he was dropped.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The much discussed Championship loan hasn’t worked out. Where next for Arron?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Buy a DeLorean and go back to where he can get himself in the position to work his way up into The Championship.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

His contract with us doesn’t expire until 2024, so I think it’ll likely be another loan out. Don’t think another championship club would be interested in him, so probably SPL next. Probably Hibernian,

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not sure it is from most. Seems to be mostly commentary on how he's getting on. And, if he gets in the papers it is absolutely inevitable that someone will post on here that he's in the papers.

Personally, I'm gutted he was on the bench today. I thought the loan would do him good and I don't really want one of our players sitting on the bench and getting no game time to develop themselves. But, given his stats the last time out, it's not really surprising he was dropped.

I know what you mean.

But there will be some hateful folk who can’t stand AC the person or player, who’ll relish his ineffectiveness at Boro.

Never underestimate the latent spitefulness in some middle aged men, the internet their opportunity.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I know what you mean.

But there will be some hateful folk who can’t stand AC the person or player, who’ll relish his ineffectiveness at Boro.

Never underestimate the latent spitefulness in some middle aged men, the internet their opportunity.

I am sorry if you include me in that number. As I told Swanny, I could not give a toss whether he is in the papers or not. Is he ever going to be a PL player? On the evidence I have seen no. The worst thing that happened to him was that Spurs game. It went to his head.

He may have a future in the game. But not with us. Not on the evidence I have seen. I wish he was knocking in the goals for Boro.

I would love to be proved wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here