Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I hope he hasn't been banned. We used to be able to explode at each other on NSC, it was better then I think. Good to get stuff off your chest.

Like this? :lolol: simster.JPG

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Lovely stuff. I do miss dear old bhaexpress, may he RIP.

When I used to visit the BBS away end, I got reported once for calling one of their posters a "catastrophic felching cockspangle". They do love a good old pearl-clutching session over there.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
:thumbsup:

I think that's it, it doesn't make me angry, it just makes me roll my eyes and think 'here we go again'. It's tiresome.

If you look at most of his alleged misdemeanours in isolation then it's easy to think this. Wrong place, wrong time etc. But trouble seems to follow him around, and after a while it becomes a reputation, which is very hard to shake off. I can imagine Potter / Barber reading the latest headlines and thinking 'What is the point in keeping bothering with this lad?'

He still has time on his side in that if he really knuckled down and stayed out of nightclubs and toxic relationships with wannabe celebs etc then he could still make a decent career, and look back in 20 years time and chuckle at his foolish ways in his early 20's and thank his lucky stars that he managed to snap out of it. I suspect the chance of doing that in the Premier League has gone now, but with his talent and ability there is no reason why he couldn't have a decent lower-Championship or upper-League One career. Which would still be an absolute dream for most football fans. But he needs to make that decision very soon, or it will be too late for him.

I hope [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] is OK, he's gone very quiet since he exploded and proclaimed me to be a complete psychopath.

As I said 'he is not without blame' but in this case it looks like trouble followed him rather than him being the cause , this time.

Regards second point its all to do with money - we all know getting a good striker will cost a lot of money so the club won't throw him out yet and given his reputation maybe they can't even give him away. Connolly won't move on voluntarily as he won't get £23k a week anywhere else. That's why the best investment for the club is to get him to sit down with a senior pro to mentor him. It's a shame his contract with boro didn't stipulate that he was not to come back to Sussex till the end of teh season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That's why the best investment for the club is to get him to sit down with a senior pro to mentor him. It's a shame his contract with boro didn't stipulate that he was not to come back to Sussex till the end of teh season.

They’ve tried that. Duffy was meant to be (although I’d question if that is really a good idea) and I’m aware of 2 others who have tried to take him under their wing a bit to no avail

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
They’ve tried that. Duffy was meant to be (although I’d question if that is really a good idea) and I’m aware of 2 others who have tried to take him under their wing a bit to no avail

I guessed the club would have done something but was not sure. I think we are stuck with him.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Might be busy making another Will Smith podcast. Plenty to talk about lately.

Let it go man, he married Jada, and he has stuck with her. You've lost him.

It is time to move on and find your new (fresh) prince.:lolol::lolol:

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Reminds me a lot of a former player we had, and namesake of these very boards, Teddy Maybank, who fancied himself a bit too much - I remember bumping into him in the pub down the road from The Goldstone, after training one evening. I had money to play next on the pool table, only to be shoved out of the way by Maybank, loudly declaring “don’t you know who I am”.

Some footballers just don’t quite have the talent to match their own perceptions and particularly in this day and age of social media it is very easy for people to let them know so.

I hope for his own sake Aaron Connolly can sort his private life out, I am sure even as a “professional” footballer it must have an effect on his game and his mental attitude.

I don’t see his future in the Premier League, certainly not with Brighton, despite the absurd Sun “Premier League ace” quotes, but stand to be proven wrong, which I hope he does, for his sake.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So the police goes to their home to calm her down and obviously it is all his fault and an example of his "poor attitude" etc according to the sentiment of NSC-visitors who sickening psychopaths chewing froth over the next opportunity to bash a young man they decided not to like as a human being because he wasnt scoring enough goals for a football club.

And you wonder why Dan Burn couldnt wait to get away from the Amex or why none of the key players show any interest in renewing their contracts and why the players are obviously happier playing away than at home...

What ‘cos they all read NSC?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think it is unfair to pile on to Swansman. He is obviously severely mentally ill (just read his posts) and is clearly having some kind of mental health crisis. I just hope he is okay and hasn't harmed himself (or others).

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I’m in a chat with a couple of Boro fans and it’s safe to say they aren’t impressed at all. Think he’s close to outstaying his welcome them by the sounds of it, the loan move hasn’t worked out at all really, has it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it is unfair to pile on to Swansman. He is obviously severely mentally ill (just read his posts) and is clearly having some kind of mental health crisis. I just hope he is okay and hasn't harmed himself (or others).

Is he ill? or a visionary light years ahead of all of us? After all, his horse economics theory stacks up solidly if you think about it.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Is he ill? or a visionary light years ahead of all of us? After all, his horse economics theory stacks up solidly if you think about it.

His manic episode then sudden disappearance does strongly suggest an involuntary section. As I said before, I'm not being flippant or treating this with levity. Mental health crises are a very serious business and I hope he is in a safe place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here