Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A23 Closed Southbound at Buggers Whole

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
The southbound carriageway of the A23 has been closed following a major crash.

Eye-witnesses said more than a dozen police vehicles and at least six fire appliances were attending the collision, believed to be between two lorries.

Vehicles were being directed off the road from the accident site near Burgess Hill onto the A272.

The accident happened at around 4.30pm.

The Highways Agency said delays of 40 minutes should be expected. The road was not due to return to normal use until after 10pm.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I wondered why there were loads of old bill belting up Dyke Road this afternoon.

Hope everyone's ok :down:

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Was wondering why all those sirens were interruption my (lack of) revision

And I am offended by calling it Buggers Whole!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Fatal crash closes A23
By Andy Chiles
The southbound carriageway of the A23 has been closed following a fatal accident.

A cyclist was killed after a collision with a Ford Mondeo close to the Hickstead junction, near Burgess Hill.

Eye-witnesses said more than a dozen police vehicles and four fire appliances were attending the collision at 4.30pm.

Vehicles were being directed off the road and onto the A272 causing major traffic jams as the rush hour started.

advertisementThe accident happened at 3.45pm.

The Highways Agency said delays of 40 minutes should be expected. The road was not due to return to normal use until after 10pm.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Arsehats, gotta go up to the Hole in a few minutes...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No lorries involved then?

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
No lorries involved then?

At work I get to see the notices from the Highways Agency and it said originally that it was two lorries and a motorbike. Argus now say a Mondeo and a cyclist so not much difference!

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
To clarify:

A group of cyclists possibly linked to the EDO Demos/Critical mass/Reclaim the streets decided it would be a good idea to cycle down the A23 and attempt to bring it to a standstill. One of them made a gross error of judgement and collided with a car before rebounding off of it and getting flattened by a Mondeo travelling behind. She was pretty much instantly killed and remained under the vehicle whilst her fellow cyclists attacked the driver and some of the attending fire crew!! Well if you will cycle on a dual carriage way. I feel sorry for the Mondeo driver personally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here