Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A23 Closed Southbound at Buggers Whole

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
OI i drive a mondeo !!!!!!!!!! And it's my forth one as well:rant:

Ok must have been a salesperson or a steward. Does that make you feel better?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Not sales but management! Two of them were mine (mk1 2.0l si & mk2 2.5l st24) Company cars mk3 2.0l tdci and mk4 1.8l tdci

Very nice the new one is too:thumbsup:

Okay step away from the keyboard and take a depth breath.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CYCLISTS on the A23 ? Are they f***ing mad ?
If that really was the case, and someone has lost their life as a direct result just to make some ludicrous political POINT, then that has to be the most DIPSHIT idea I have ever bloody heard of. Its lucky there was only one person killed, being as we've seen the results of a head-on collision if a car ends up going over the barriers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Took an extra hour to get home, but I did find a nice little ratrun down a country road via Albourne that I'll bear in mind the next time somone does something idiotic on the southbaound A23 in rush hour.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
CYCLISTS on the A23 ? Are they f***ing mad ?
If that really was the case, and someone has lost their life as a direct result just to make some ludicrous political POINT, then that has to be the most DIPSHIT idea I have ever bloody heard of. Its lucky there was only one person killed, being as we've seen the results of a head-on collision if a car ends up going over the barriers.

I hope the police nicked all the offending cyclists for public endangerment.

Stupid idiots

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Took an extra hour to get home, but I did find a nice little ratrun down a country road via Albourne that I'll bear in mind the next time somone does something idiotic on the southbaound A23 in rush hour.

That's the old A23?? maybe someone older can confirm?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's the old A23?? maybe someone older can confirm?
Naah, this is a country lane jobbie. Barely enough width for two cars, but it was completely empty and runs south, adjacent to the A23.
I was travelling west coming out of HH. Straight under the A23, keep going on the 272 past a petrol station and well before Cowfold theres a left turning into a country road. Follow that down to a T-junction, left turn links you up with the B2118 towards Albourne / Hurstpierpoint. Dropped me off on an (empty) southbound A23 just north of Hassocks.

Snorted. I'm gonna remember that.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Naah, this is a country lane jobbie. Barely enough width for two cars, but it was completely empty and runs south, adjacent to the A23.
I was travelling west coming out of HH. Straight under the A23, keep going on the 272 past a petrol station and well before Cowfold theres a left turning into a country road. Follow that down to a T-junction, left turn links you up with the B2118 towards Albourne / Hurstpierpoint. Dropped me off on an (empty) southbound A23 just north of Hassocks.

Snorted. I'm gonna remember that.

if the road im thinking of its by twineham/bolney to the west of the A23, a handy short cut but cars tend to go down too fast, often one in the ditch on that road

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
if the road im thinking of its by twineham/bolney to the west of the A23, a handy short cut but cars tend to go down too fast, often one in the ditch on that road

That sounds like the one. It might even be called the Twineham road or something. Certainly narrow enough to invite a visit to the ditch if you get carried away, but a splendid little route to avoid any southbound A23 carnage caused by dickheads who can't drive straight, or cycle on it.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Was going to say that there was lots of cars going through Bolney as i was working in the pub in the village and there was a 2 hour constant flow of cars outside, when we usualy see about 5.

Midikilledmydog

Aug 20, 2006
To clarify:

A group of cyclists possibly linked to the EDO Demos/Critical mass/Reclaim the streets decided it would be a good idea to cycle down the A23 and attempt to bring it to a standstill. One of them made a gross error of judgement and collided with a car before rebounding off of it and getting flattened by a Mondeo travelling behind. She was pretty much instantly killed and remained under the vehicle whilst her fellow cyclists attacked the driver and some of the attending fire crew!! Well if you will cycle on a dual carriage way. I feel sorry for the Mondeo driver personally.

So were you actively involved in this incident or is that some canteen here say from the rest of your former milk monitors, at the end of the day somebody is not alive tonight who was last night, haven't read the highway code for a while but the last time I did cycling on dual carraigeways wasn't illegal.

Still your probably over excited with the thought of directing traffic at the south of England show tomorrow

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
So were you actively involved in this incident or is that some canteen here say from the rest of your former milk monitors, at the end of the day somebody is not alive tonight who was last night, haven't read the highway code for a while but the last time I did cycling on dual carraigeways wasn't illegal.

Still your probably over excited with the thought of directing traffic at the south of England show tomorrow

assuming the person who was killed was cycling down a dual carridgeway trying to bring traffic to a standstill that certanly isnt in the highway code and shoud be a darwin award,

as for your second point why cant proper police men/women leave this type of thing to the cso's (plastic plods) and spend their time productivly as the public (and im sure they) would like.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
advertisementThe accident happened at 3.45pm.

The Highways Agency said delays of 40 minutes should be expected. The road was not due to return to normal use until after 10pm.

I know that this may not be quite the point but one thing that gets on my fkg nerves is the poxy Highways Agency.
Accident happens at 3.45
Highways Agency reckon it'll take them over six hours to sort it out.
What a f***ing joke.

The hours and hours of peoples time wasted while roads are closed these days are completely unjustifiable. Once upon a time it was sweep up, hose down, f*** off. Not any more. Its a great chance to get the hi viz jackets out and have a few hours road closure and chaos.

Rant over. Going for a cup of tea to calm down.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
I know that this may not be quite the point but one thing that gets on my fkg nerves is the poxy Highways Agency.
Accident happens at 3.45
Highways Agency reckon it'll take them over six hours to sort it out.
What a f***ing joke.

it's possibly a crime scene and somebody HAS died, I fail to see "a f***ing joke"

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
I use this road regularly. Most mornings at around 0630 there iss a cyclist on the main three lane carriageway working his way up the hill (past the bluebell railway turn off). Three lines of traffic blast by him at 70mph +.
Another accident waiting to happen...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Would'nt it make sense to ban cycling from any road with a speed limit of over 40mph?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here