Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A.w.o.l / f.i.f.o

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I can see "The Spanish" ripping into that last post. :)

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
must say I've seen that particular bumper / window sticker a few times and, frankly my dear I don't give a damn - there's a certain minority amount of Aussie's who will forever be xenophobes, just like anywhere else as far as I can tell, and overall the cultural melting pot that is life in WA suits me fine. On balance more people get on with each other here than I recall used to in London so I'm considering myself ahead.
The bumper stickers advertising Australian commercial radio get me more in a tiz frankly, Mr Shankley.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just a little flight of fancy from me....

Imagine for a moment that FIFO were to become official government policy. You can imagine a few supporters half way through letting out a cheer suddenly choking on the realisation that the nanny state was telling them what to do - followed by heads disappearing up arses in a vicious circular reference. Bring it on.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Quite a rich car sticker considering how the english who migrated there and how certain sections of Australian society treat the Aboriginal people in Australia, then and now.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
That depends, what's your definition of the 'British was of life?' I would say some of the things that makes us 'British' are tolerance, being broad-minded, having respect for others, acknowledging that it takes all sorts to make a country and accepting that you have to take the rough with the smooth. It is not 'British' to insist that everybody conforms to some narrow, idealised, largely-mythical template of what we all 'should' be like.

Yes I know not everybody in this country shares those values and there are people in Britain who WOULD like Britain to be a narrow, intolerant country. Fortunately they're a minority, so perhaps the Austalians who have those stickers would like to talk to say, hard-line Muslims about what the British way of life should be?

Let me know when you've decided and I'll let you get on with trying to implement it. That's the British way.

so you approve of machete parties then...jolly good, perhaps you would like to try stitching the fuckers up every week-end ,which is what my wife has to do,and then having the family coming mob handed to the hospital because you have MUTILATED their boy, do you also approve of opium dens,teenage prostitutes,female circumcision(mutilation)and improvised explosive devices....????:shootself

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
so you approve of machete parties then...jolly good, perhaps you would like to try stitching the fuckers up every week-end ,which is what my wife has to do,and then having the family coming mob handed to the hospital because you have MUTILATED their boy, do you also approve of opium dens,teenage prostitutes,female circumcision(mutilation)and improvised explosive devices....????:shootself

You are rather moving the goalposts now, sydney.

If your bumper sticker said "Live peacefully alongside the curent population, and desist from violent crime, or F-ck off" then I doubt anyone would argue.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Only immigrants are teenage prostitutes, drug users and violent?
I imagine they are fitting in well.....or dont/didnt these things exist in (white) Australia?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Only immigrants are teenage prostitutes, drug users and violent?
I imagine they are fitting in well.....or dont/didnt these things exist in (white) Australia?

i always enjoy those retorts, that if you criticise crime commited by immigrants then someone goes - well, dont you have white/english criminals? as if that is the LAST WORD in a debate about imported criminals. yep got me there mate it was like the garden of eden before the apple business - but if you are saying unless you have NEVER had any crime then any complaints about the blindingly obvious likelehood that importing people from places with serious social c riminal or societal problems, or traumatised people from war zones who have been involved with or been victims of serious violence, will cause serious problems if they are dumped in a relatively stable society without serious planning - then i suppose we better just shrug our shoulders and accept it. easy peasy if its not in your street and you have a funny sort of conscience.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i always enjoy those retorts, that if you criticise crime commited by immigrants then someone goes - well, dont you have white/english criminals? as if that is the LAST WORD in a debate about imported criminals. yep got me there mate it was like the garden of eden before the apple business - but if you are saying unless you have NEVER had any crime then any complaints about the blindingly obvious likelehood that importing people from places with serious social c riminal or societal problems, or traumatised people from war zones who have been involved with or been victims of serious violence, will cause serious problems if they are dumped in a relatively stable society without serious planning - then i suppose we better just shrug our shoulders and accept it. easy peasy if its not in your street and you have a funny sort of conscience.

People should be honest, that's certainly true.

To argue about illegal immigration / crime [UK] and refuse to acknowledge the existance of Somali gangs / Albanian & Romanian organised crime / etc is just stupid.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Of course there will be criminals among immigrants, however..to highlight immigrants as the big problem of Australian society is a bit ridiculous.
Ive just read about the Australian biker wars...seem to be committing the same crimes as the 'immigrant' criminals. Why is the immigrant crime worse?
If you establish a country in the far east...wow...far east people might move there!! Blimey..who would have thought of that...
Crime is crime..doesnt matter who commits it. Highlighting 'immigrant' crime does nothing but excite the xenophobes.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
. Why is the immigrant crime worse?

why if you already have a crime problem would you think it was a good idea to import loads of unknown quantities from places with serious problems. a lot of good reasons like compassion and human empathy, optimism and a sense that people should share your good fortune. also loads of bad ones like wanting cheap labour at the expense of established stable communities, self loathing, naievity and outright stupidy. take your pick but at the end of the day some cnt suffers.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
why if you already have a crime problem would you think it was a good idea to import loads of unknown quantities from places with serious problems. a lot of good reasons like compassion and human empathy, optimism and a sense that people should share your good fortune. also loads of bad ones like wanting cheap labour at the expense of established stable communities, self loathing, naievity and outright stupidy. take your pick but at the end of the day some cnt suffers.

Im sure plenty of British immigrants have embarked on crime careers there mate..along with people from other 'developed' countries..... cheap labour? ... thats capitalism for you.....people need to start realising we live in a global economy whether we like it or not.....
Some cnt suffers all the time...your right..people from less developed countries have suffered quite a lot due to world economies affecting their local economies, mostly badly... wars waged by 'developed' nations in their countries, devastating their lives so the only alternative is to move on etc.
Still..its time to leave work, and head for a beer garden.. so bid you all a good evening

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Certain cultures have fit in here extremely well.

The biggest racists in Oz generally aren't the Anglos that have been here a long time. It's the more newly arrived Europeans immigrants from places like Italy, Croatia and Serbia.

The Anglo/Celt part of the population that is marrying/dating the asian part of the population is growing.

It's the Greeks, Italians, Serbs etc once again that will only marry into their own cultures.

Religion can also be an issue.

Over here there's certain areas that have issues with their Lebanese populations. This is because when the war in Lebanon raged a lot came over here. Both Muslim and Christian.

These days those who were of Christian background are well and truly assimilated into Australian life and don't live exclusively within some ethnic ghetto.

Their Muslim counterparts on the other hand haven't assimilated as well and that has lead to problems.

So if a sticker says Fit In Or f*** Off I'm fine with that.

Because if any migrant comes here and embraces the Aussie way of life I think they'll almost always find a friendly acceptance within most communities.

As the old saying went "When in Rome, Do as the Romans do".

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Of course there will be criminals among immigrants, however..to highlight immigrants as the big problem of Australian society is a bit ridiculous.
Ive just read about the Australian biker wars...seem to be committing the same crimes as the 'immigrant' criminals. Why is the immigrant crime worse?
If you establish a country in the far east...wow...far east people might move there!! Blimey..who would have thought of that...
Crime is crime..doesnt matter who commits it. Highlighting 'immigrant' crime does nothing but excite the xenophobes.

The immigrants have infiltrated the biker gangs :lol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm sorry, I've re-read my original post a few times now and nowhere can I see where I've said anything along the lines of "I approve of machete parties."

Bit puzzled. Should I approve of them then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here