Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread for LAGER drinkers

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This is a bit PONCY but I'll admit it - I do enjoy a SOL with a slice of lime. :safeway

Good shout. Very refreshing indeed.

On a similar note. I was on a South African themed Pub Golf crawl around many South African pubs in Wimbledon with a troop of South Africans...(PHEW)...and I was introduced to a bottle of cider that is generally supped with a lime slice...STEP FORWARD...Savannah. Jolly nice indeed. Shame I discovered it too late for the summer sunshine.

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
kalik.jpg

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I don't know why, but I still favour a Holsten Pils given the choice. I remember goin' ape for Kronenbourg 1664 when it first became popular over here (early 80's?), but they must've changed the recipe or something - as it bears no resemblance to the current stuff. I was also into Lowenbrau until a few years ago, but that seems to have disappeared without trace here too. So much for progress.. :(

They still do Laughing Brew Lowenbrau on tap in The Brewers towards the top of the High Street in Lewes....

A few of those will put a Twinkle in your eye :)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have been a bit of a lager slob. Happy to drink it abroad - but rarely here. However having read "A Man Walks into a Pub" by Pete Brown and learnt a bit of the history of it I understand it more - and have learned to enjoy it. I do like Pilsner Urquell or Budwar Budweiser. But also Stella on a hot day.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can everyone stop suggesting Stella please? Overrated piss water and CHOC full of chemicals guaranteed to give you a headache the following day, even if you've only had two pints.

Avoid.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
1664, Red Stripe, Peroni....If none of those and nice and hot, Sol or Corona.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here