Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread for LAGER drinkers

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Leffe.

Stella is horrid, always produces nasty hangovers when I drink that poison.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The fresh taste

Attachments

• 45004.jpg
    45004.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 204

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... Erdinger if i'm feeling flush

now i think we should establish that these fine beers are not in fact lager, firstly to make it fair on all the others, but secondly because i dont believe they are in fact lagers (someone will no doubt correct). fyi, the difference is somthing to do with the fermentation process "largering" involves a cool temperature bottom fermentation iirc, with beer being at a room temperature and often top fermentation.

im quite partial to the Becks Vier, though Budvar is clearly the daddy. i used to like Staropramen but find the taste too bitter now for some reason and it makes my head fuzzy/warm very quickly. Draft Stella and Kronenburg are shit, nasty chemical soup always have been, though the bottles and even cans seem cleaner (though Kron still taste like a hairy bollock). Carling is the utter worst i've had hangover while drinking that.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The mention of 'Real Ale' always reminds me of this gem...

Tubby Mondays said:
Real ale is definately the way to go!

I cant wait to try and get a sneaky pint in at a quarter to three, along with thousands of other people behind me while some tosser in front sniffs, swills, asks the ABV, who brews it, marks it out of ten in his poxy little book, drinks a bit again, asks to see the landlord because 'it doesnt taste the same as the last time I had it in, just let me check in my book; The Sad Bastards Arms in Spacklington in 1979. Could I swap it for something else. I dont know what I want, could I try a sample of them all and go through the same f***ing performance again?'

All while standing the way of every other paying customer who just wants a pint before they watch the game!

For me...

VB :drool:

8214515_10406ead0a.jpg

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That'll be why I haven't seen it then. :lolol: I'm an old farty that likes back street boozers.

:lol: fair enough. It's always the bottled stuff though, and from experience some lagers are SHIT in bottles but amazing on tap (from clean barrels)

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
red-stripe-jamaican-lager.jpg

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Generally Carlsberg just due to its general availability and the fact that its usually being drunk places - not sitting in the lines for ages. Although after visiting the factory in Copenhagen I'm never gonna taste another pint as "proper" again....

Partial to the odd Stella or Becks wherever I see it on draft, and if its bottles its Stella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here