Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A poor appointment - the cheaper option than Coppell!!!!!!!!!

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Tilson, Gannon, Cotterill, Adkins, all have managerial experience, success, and all apparently approached by bloom.

Now ask yourselves who is the cheapest option, with no expectation of a player budget, no experience, looking to get into management at any cost. poyet!

Oh and he's got a mate, who Spurs fans think is a clown, no coaching experience, and just wants a little bit of pocket money to go out on the town in brighton. Oh and is willing to put his boots on on the odd occassion he doesn't have a hangover!

Surely even the most rose tinted bha fan can see what has happened here.....

Ask yourselves given a choice which of those names above would you REALLY want, and ask yourselves which one if not all of them turned down blooms offer, along with the fact that they were told that there is little left in the kitty for new players.

Come on, over the others surely Poyet stands out,we are taking a risk but so is Gus, thats whats makes football exciting.The players will have instant respect cos Gus has achieved more than any of them will ever do, this man is hungry and will succeed,he knows to get what he wants he has to do the buisiness at the Albion.:clap:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh and he's got a mate, who... just wants a little bit of pocket money to go out on the town in brighton. Oh and is willing to put his boots on on the odd occassion he doesn't have a hangover!
I can understand anyone having reservations of someone who's not managed before, but you're just being daft. You think Taricco is after some beer money? Spurs fans know that Taricco wasn't a worl class defender, but he was still a damn site better than any of ours.

Ask yourselves given a choice which of those names above would you REALLY want, and ask yourselves which one if not all of them turned down blooms offer
I'm not sure if Tony offered the job to anyone else, and I don't care. We are still a league 1 team, with a shit ground, so it's not surprising if some managers wouldn't want to come here. Given what we can offer, I'm pretty happy to have Poyet as our manager.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
10 managers in 10 seasons suggests not! :facepalm:

True, but of those 10, Adams and Coppell were poached by clubs higher up the league precisely because they had done well with us and we couldn't hang on to them because of Withdean. Taylor also left because of Withdean and finances.

I guess I'm saying that if we had had a nice stadium then, we could have hung on to them. The only way Gus won't be around for all of next season is if he pulls off a miracle this season. I'd expect to see him at Falmer, and then who knows?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
At the stage of the season and position bha are in, we cannot really afford to appointment another "maybe."

poyett has never managed before, and what experience does his assisstant have?

He also has to combine his job with completing his pro licence.

Coppell didn't want the job, Einstein.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I love the way he tells every one to f*** Off, gosh, he is so grown up. I now think Poyet is a cheap option.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
wrong thread

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Iain Hart in the Steyning Herald says it was Coppells own salary that was the stumbling block. So effectively - he didn't want the job.

So you are right. Poyet is a cheaper option. But poorer ? Time will tell.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So others are allowed to use foul language towards me but not me them....:dunce:

Well, you are a wind up merchant, apparently registered under an alternative name, which you use to post threads like this, either to get something off your chest, that you are to afraid to do under your normal username, or because you are one of the users of this forum who constantly trolls the site, trying to annoy, upset and offend the other users.

You may not like those accusations being made against you, but that is how I feel, and I imagine many others feel about you. Your responses to the people for whom you have "fished" have been "f*** off", well, what do you expect?

I was going to rise to your comments about cheap appointment, but I just deleted it, but what's the point?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here