Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A poor appointment - the cheaper option than Coppell!!!!!!!!!

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
I think someone like Poyet will get respect from the players. Lets face it, he was a classy player and most professional footballers will hold him in awe. So, that alone will give the team something extra. Perhaps they'll listen harder, try harder, get that little bit extra that Mr Slade couldn't quite get. Also, the main point is that people will want to join a team with such a big name manager, i.e. he will attract players, whatsmore he will have good contacts.

I think even if he's a bad manager at the moment, he will get by (taking the above into account), then he can only get better (perhaps?)

Rodfox

Jan 6, 2008
Cheap option :US::wozza:

Okay then, why then did the two front runners rule themselves out of a job, when they both want to return to management.

Low salary
Limited if any money for players, as slade spent most of the money that had been budgeted for new players.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sir, you appear to be acting like a **** of the highest order, well done, I trust you are proud of yourself :insertappropriatesmiliehere:

At the stage of the season and position bha are in, we cannot really afford to appointment another "maybe."

poyett has never managed before, and what experience does his assisstant have?

He also has to combine his job with completing his pro licence.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Okay then, why then did the two front runners rule themselves out of a job, when they both want to return to management.

Low salary
Limited if any money for players, as slade spent most of the money that had been budgeted for new players.

Pure speculation, Do you honestly think a manager/ person like Poyet would come to a club in the lower depths of division two withoout the prospect of a transfer budget. That would be madness i fully expect him to dabble in january and by the looks of it will need to.

DOOM MONGER JUST GO AWAY AND SUPPORT ANOTHER TEAM IF YOU DONT LIKE IT:angry:

Rodfox

Jan 6, 2008
How many times do I have to say it ,rodfox is someone's joke account. Look at his previous posts, nearly every one is some sort of wind up, but people still bite every single time :shootself

Fcuk off I'm entitled to my opinion, whether you like it or not. If you don't like it fcuk off to Russia.:salute:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rodfox in negative thread shock. Is there a positive one anywhere, I'd like to see it. Dull wind up merchant.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I have to agree. Come the start of the 2011/2012 season we need to be at worse a top team in league 1, ideally a Championship team. Though it is possible that Poyet will take us there, I am not convinced we can afford the gamble. Maybe he was the best on offer. We do not know who was willing to take the job on the money offered and with the budget available, so I will not criticise to much.

However my Spurs supporting mates nearly fell of their seats when they heard who the assistant was, especially given our current defenceive record. They both said he was the worse left back they had ever seen. Lets hope he is a better coach.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Come the start of the 2011/2012 season we need to be at worse a top team in league 1, ideally a Championship team. Though it is possible that Poyet will take us there, I am not convinced we can afford the gamble.
If we only need to be a top team in league 1 in a year and a half, it's not that much of a gamble.

No club however big or small can be successful with that amount of manager turnover
How many managers has Chelsea had in the last 10 years?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i think its a great appointment.
Hes spent several years as an assistant, and a very good one at that.
Has lower league knowledge, and contacts at the highest level.
Deserves a chance in my book. Not a manager just on the merry go round and one looking to impress.

Some say we need more experience in charge at this time, but thats exactly what Adams and Slade had and they dissapointed.

GUS I LOVE YOU ALREADY

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
for god sake the man has only just arrived at the club and the dismissive threads are starting already. give the man a chance before slating the club for their choice in manager eh. some people are never happy unless they have something to complain about.

Rodfox

Jan 6, 2008
Tilson, Gannon, Cotterill, Adkins, all have managerial experience, success, and all apparently approached by bloom.

Now ask yourselves who is the cheapest option, with no expectation of a player budget, no experience, looking to get into management at any cost. poyet!

Oh and he's got a mate, who Spurs fans think is a clown, no coaching experience, and just wants a little bit of pocket money to go out on the town in brighton. Oh and is willing to put his boots on on the odd occassion he doesn't have a hangover!

Surely even the most rose tinted bha fan can see what has happened here.....

Ask yourselves given a choice which of those names above would you REALLY want, and ask yourselves which one if not all of them turned down blooms offer, along with the fact that they were told that there is little left in the kitty for new players.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Tilson, Gannon, Cotterill, Adkins, all have managerial experience, success, and all apparently approached by bloom.

Now ask yourselves who is the cheapest option, with no expectation of a player budget, no experience, looking to get into management at any cost. poyet!

Oh and he's got a mate, who Spurs fans think is a clown, no coaching experience, and just wants a little bit of pocket money to go out on the town in brighton. Oh and is willing to put his boots on on the odd occassion he doesn't have a hangover!

Surely even the most rose tinted bha fan can see what has happened here.....

Ask yourselves given a choice which of those names above would you REALLY want, and ask yourselves which one if not all of them turned down blooms offer, along with the fact that they were told that there is little left in the kitty for new players.
Time will tell:wink:

You must be a palarse fan:facepalm:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You must be a palarse fan:facepalm:

He's a Leicester fan who has taken to polluting this place in addition to the shite he leaves on the argus site-goes by the name of FalmerFlangeFlaps or something similar. I think he's a 15 year old whose testicles haven't dropped yet...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here