Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A poor appointment - the cheaper option than Coppell!!!!!!!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As this is the first Bloom managers choice he will be given time.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I have to agree. Come the start of the 2011/2012 season we need to be at worse a top team in league 1, ideally a Championship team. Though it is possible that Poyet will take us there, I am not convinced we can afford the gamble. Maybe he was the best on offer. We do not know who was willing to take the job on the money offered and with the budget available, so I will not criticise to much.

However my Spurs supporting mates nearly fell of their seats when they heard who the assistant was, especially given our current defenceive record. They both said he was the worse left back they had ever seen. Lets hope he is a better coach.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I have to agree. Come the start of the 2011/2012 season we need to be at worse a top team in league 1, ideally a Championship team. Though it is possible that Poyet will take us there, I am not convinced we can afford the gamble. Maybe he was the best on offer. We do not know who was willing to take the job on the money offered and with the budget available, so I will not criticise to much.

However my Spurs supporting mates nearly fell of their seats when they heard who the assistant was, especially given our current defenceive record. They both said he was the worse left back they had ever seen. Lets hope he is a better coach.

Any appointment is a gamble. Appointing Coppell would have been a gamble. Appointing a manager that has got a club out of League 1 and up the Championship doesn't guarantee they can or will repeat that feat at a different club. Speculation at this point is utterly pointless. Just see what he can do and get behind him, his staff and the team in the meantime.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
How many times do I have to say it ,rodfox is someone's joke account. Look at his previous posts, nearly every one is some sort of wind up, but people still bite every single time :shootself

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Absolutely Jim but i think the fans have to show a bit of patience as well, as i said Poyet could be an inspired appointment given a bit of time

Yes , i agree 100%.
Having said that it is not a long contract and with it being his 1st managerial appointment he should be hungry for the contract extension/success.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
At the stage of the season and position bha are in, we cannot really afford to appointment another "maybe."

poyett has never managed before, and what experience does his assisstant have?

He also has to combine his job with completing his pro licence.

I think we've found "Falmer Flange Flaps" on the Arsegas site.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Although unproven,I think he will be great for us. Look at the way that Leeds fell apart when he left,showing up wise as the poor manager that he is. In truth I would have preferred copell but gus is just fine and I am excited by the brand of football that we may well soon be watching

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Although unproven,I think he will be great for us. Look at the way that Leeds fell apart when he left,showing up wise as the poor manager that he is. In truth I would have preferred copell but gus is just fine and I am excited by the brand of football that we may well soon be watching

You have to have the playing personnel to execute it though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here