Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A muslim lady knocked on my door today..

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
British Bulldog said:
Something you'll never know the answer too! :lolol:

Have to agree with that.Don't mention the Hutton report to L1;)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Quite right not to mention either Hutton or early to mid-90s Albion, both started out with very high expectations but failed to deliver miserably, with a suspicious smell of corruption left lingering in the background :thumbsup:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
Quite right not to mention either Hutton or early to mid-90s Albion, both started out with very high expectations but failed to deliver miserably, with a suspicious smell of corruption left lingering in the background :thumbsup:

That very very nearly made me smile.

Then I realised it was you :p

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
LI talking of criticising people in a childish manner! :lolol:

I believe it was him that asked me 'Who I would be supporting' while I was following the game in the live chat. Good one mate. :thumbsup:

Between you and me mate... I think it might just be you... not the rest of the world.

Biscuit said:
I believe it was him that asked me 'Who I would be supporting' while I was following the game in the live chat. Good one mate. :thumbsup:
Eh? I'm never in the live chat! :dunce: If I'm not at a game I'm always out and about on Saturday afternoons. But whoever it was who said that to you, I reckon you provoked them by saying something silly :drink:

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
London Irish said:
Again, what's your view? You've raised this issue, do you think women should be banned from wearing veils in banks? :D

London Irish said:
What point was that again? When he put forward the view that there should be racial profiling at airport security, and I challenged him on that, he then claimed that wasn't his view.

OK, LI, it seems you seem to be having difficulty here, so I'll help you out. Please read through my quote below (again), but this time, rather than reading the first few words and stopping thinking that you're right and you know everything so there's no need to read the rest, see if you can actually manage all four lines. I have enlarged the important bit for you, so you if you feel you really don't have time to listen to someone who is clearly not as intelligent as you (and obviously wrong because they don't necessarily agree with everything you say) you can just have a quick glance at the line that answers your question (again). I have also put it in caps for you to make it extra easy.

Commander said:
I put forward that view making parallels with the veil issue, to challenge your point about veiled muslim women being different to someone wearing a balaclava as they are not renowned for robbing banks. I WAS NOT SAYING THAT WAS MY VIEW, IT CERTAINLY ISN'T.

I really cant be arsed to get involved in another argument today, I really do have better things to do (fire training in fact, I get to put out fires today, cool eh?) There is no point arguing with someone who finds it not only impossible to admit that they are wrong, but wont even accept that people who don't share the same views as them are not necessarily wrong either. Please note I am not saying that you are wrong on this, (despite what you may think there is not always a clear cut right or wrong) I am talking about you generally.

Do you ever think that maybe, just maybe, that the reason everyone gets annoyed with you on here is, rather than them being frustrated at you being very clever and right all the time, because you are actually a patronising, pedantic, self-righteous twat?
:)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Blimey. Is this argument still going on.

Here's a joke to lighten the mood.

There's this gay black Irish cripple and she goes into a bar.....oh, yes. I forgot.:down:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This Muslim lady that knocked on Biscuit's door. What did she want, anyway?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bry Nylon said:
This Muslim lady that knocked on Biscuit's door. What did she want, anyway?
To blow him up, obviously. They're ALL the same.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
To blow him, obviously. They're ALL the same.

Are they, oooh wish one would come knocking on my door.

Bit tricky with the veil thing though innit.

Commander said:
OK, LI, it seems you seem to be having difficulty here, so I'll help you out. Please read through my quote below (again), but this time, rather than reading the first few words and stopping thinking that you're right and you know everything so there's no need to read the rest, see if you can actually manage all four lines. I have enlarged the important bit for you, so you if you feel you really don't have time to listen to someone who is clearly not as intelligent as you (and obviously wrong because they don't necessarily agree with everything you say) you can just have a quick glance at the line that answers your question (again). I have also put it in caps for you to make it extra easy.

I really cant be arsed to get involved in another argument today, I really do have better things to do (fire training in fact, I get to put out fires today, cool eh?) There is no point arguing with someone who finds it not only impossible to admit that they are wrong, but wont even accept that people who don't share the same views as them are not necessarily wrong either. Please note I am not saying that you are wrong on this, (despite what you may think there is not always a clear cut right or wrong) I am talking about you generally.

Do you ever think that maybe, just maybe, that the reason everyone gets annoyed with you on here is, rather than them being frustrated at you being very clever and right all the time, because you are actually a patronising, pedantic, self-righteous twat?
:)

Yes, more ritualistic abuse, another example of your happy-go-lucky "live and let live" attitude to life? Why are you so angry all the time that you can't write a post without an abusive word like twat in it? But it's OK, because you take care to put a little smilie on the end of it.

All I asked was what was your view on two topical issues. And despite that long post, I'm still none the wiser. What's the problem with stating what you think about racial profiling at airports? You raise the issue in this thread, so surely you must have some kind of opinion? I don't necessarily want to argue with you, I just want to know what you think.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
London Irish said:
All I asked was what was your view on two topical issues. And despite that long post, I'm still none the wiser.

Yeah, Commander hints at opinions - and then backtracks when you call him on it.

He's just trolling. Wouldn't waste any more time on him tbh.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
London Irish said:
All I asked was what was your view on two topical issues. And despite that long post, I'm still none the wiser. What's the problem with stating what you think about racial profiling at airports? You raise the issue in this thread, so surely you must have some kind of opinion? I don't necessarily want to argue with you, I just want to know what you think.

OK. My view on racial profiling at airports is very similar to yours, in fact. Like you say, although it seems like common sense on the surface, it would probably cause far more problems than it would solve.

I'm assuming the second topical issue you want my view on is the veil issue? I have already told you this- see below quote:

Commander said:
I have never said I have a problem with women wearing veils, and despite what you may think, I am pretty easy going and mainly have a 'live and let live' attitude, and believe that people should be able to wear / do whatever they want, within reason. My only concern with the veil issue is that I can see how a school teacher wearing one may be difficult to understand, and I think that facial expressions are important in teaching methods. However, I don't feel particularly strongly about it.

London Irish said:
Yes, more ritualistic abuse, another example of your happy-go-lucky "live and let live" attitude to life? Why are you so angry all the time that you can't write a post without an abusive word like twat in it? But it's OK, because you take care to put a little smilie on the end of it.

I'm not angry all the time, that was just this morning for reasons I'm sure you're not particularly interested in. And I learnt the little smilie at the end of the post from you, I thought that made it OK to insult people?

Have we cleared this up now, or would you like my views on anything else? I apologise for calling you a twat.

As for Wozza:

Wozza said:
Yeah, Commander hints at opinions - and then backtracks when you call him on it.

I have said my views, but what is the problem in putting forward different viewpoints to a debate that are not necessarily mine? It's all about seeing different sides to an argument.

Apology accepted, let's move on.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
London Irish said:
Apology accepted, let's move on.

OK then, seeing as you have a strong view on everything, maybe you can help me with this: Is it ridiculous to spend £100 on a pair of football boots when I am a) a crap footballer and b) only play 6-a-side twice a week? (Seriously, it's been bothering me all day).

Commander said:
OK then, seeing as you have a strong view on everything, maybe you can help me with this: Is it ridiculous to spend £100 on a pair of football boots when I am a) a crap footballer and b) only play 6-a-side twice a week? (Seriously, it's been bothering me all day).

Yes, you are a twat. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here