Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A muslim lady knocked on my door today..

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Hungry Joe said:
I agree, it's all intollerance of a sort. The difference with hoodies though as LI pointed out earlier is that there is a link with the wearing of them by groups of teenagers and anti-social behaviour. How many acts of terror and violence have been commited by women wearing veils in this country? Agreed some of them haven't done themselves any favours during recent protests but aside from that how can they be seen as a threat?

After the Heisel stadium disaster every English football fan was tarred with the same brush and we're still picking up the pieces from that! English fans now respect that & we've tried for years to change people's opinions of us. After 9/11 & other atrocities Muslims we're all tarred with the same brush but I dont see them trying to change our opinions! All I see is we're muslims and we have our right's so it's tough! To get respect you have to earn it and ranting anti western propoganda in the street is not the way for a muslim to do it, just as me ranting football violence in the street is not the way to earn respect of respectful football fans!

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Spielberg said:
I thought the " always loom on the bright side of life " cruxifition scene in The Life of Brain totally abhorent but I did not see Christians wanting to kill Eric Idle, they didn;t like it but there was a debate. It seems to me mention ANYTHING against Muslims/Islam and you have to be killed for doing it. It sems at the moment to be a religion with a massive persecution complex and chip on its shoulder and the extreme elements rule is simply, believe in our religion or we will kill you.

Christians tried to get the film banned and in the same era Mary Whitehouse had the editor of Gay News prosecuted for blasphemy.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
British Bulldog said:
After the Heisel stadium disaster every English football fan was tarred with the same brush and we're still picking up the pieces from that! English fans now respect that & we've tried for years to change people's opinions of us. After 9/11 & other atrocities Muslims we're all tarred with the same brush but I dont see them trying to change our opinions! All I see is we're muslims and we have our right's so it's tough! To get respect you have to earn it and ranting anti western propoganda in the street is not the way for a muslim to do it, just as me ranting football violence in the street is not the way to earn respect of respectful football fans!

That my friend is so true

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Right, the Mrs wants the laptop now so I'm gonna luv ya and leave ya. It's been entertaining and at times enlightening. Apologies to anyone I got shitty with in the heat of the moment. I may hate everything some of you say and stand for but I would give my life to defend your right to say it. Goodnight and good luck.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hungry Joe said:
Right, the Mrs wants the laptop now so I'm gonna luv ya and leave ya. It's been entertaining and at times enlightening. Apologies to anyone I got shitty with in the heat of the moment. I may hate everything some of you say and stand for but I would give my life to defend your right to say it. Goodnight and good luck.

Including me?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Hungry Joe said:
Apologies to anyone I got shitty with in the heat of the moment. I may hate everything some of you say and stand for but I would give my life to defend your right to say it. Goodnight and good luck.

Spot on! It's all about opinions fella! :clap: :clap: :clap:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Many interesting points made in this thread, but I think there is only one that we can ALL agree on.

Biscuit said:
EVERYONE whos ANYONE has red text under there name now..:eek:

:)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hungry Joe said:
But he was born into the Muslim faith as you and I were born into the Christian faith. To Islamic extremists we are no different from practicising Christians, to Xenophobes who just see his skin and appearance he is no different to any other Muslim. Having been out with him a lot I've seen first hand the discrimination he's subjected too, most of it pretty subtle but unpleasant and disconcerting all the same. Try to imagine what it's like being born and bread British but walking into pubs and getting the vast majority of people in them starring at you with distrust.

But this is really my point. I was not born a christian or anything else come to that, just a little human being ( grown up to be a rather large one) as is everyone. Its only the tradition your born into that dictates your immediate belonging.I do not wish to be called a christian or to be assumed as such. People place such baggage upon others. I for one have allowed my children to make their own minds up and have not directly given them my views, suffice to say they know via my actions ie I dont practice any religion. I find it therefore quite offensive to be called a christian. I do not wish to associated with a crusade that has tortured and killed millions!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Lokki 7 said:
Many interesting points made in this thread, but I think there is only one that we can ALL agree on.

:)

I think I deserve BEST JOKE after this thread. Who else can claim a 15page thread from a oneliner?

:lolol:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
PILTDOWN MAN said:
But this is really my point. I was not born a christian or anything else come to that, just a little human being ( grown up to be a rather large one) as is everyone. Its only the tradition your born into that dictates your immediate belonging.I do not wish to be called a christian or to be assumed as such. People place such baggage upon others. I for one have allowed my children to make their own minds up and have not directly given them my views, suffice to say they know via my actions ie I dont practice any religion. I find it therefore quite offensive to be called a christian. I do not wish to associated with a crusade that has tortured and killed millions!

I agree with you 100%. It's says CofE on my birth cert but I'm Agnostic. Trouble is that means jack shit to people who want to generalise and lump all Western Caucasians together, as the fact that my friend is a very moderate Muslim means jack shit to people who can't see past his appearance also. He may not practice his faith in the way the Koran dictates but that doesn't mean he is not culturally a British Asian Muslim in many other ways. Many modern Christians do not take the Bible literally, that does not make them less of a Christian culturally. We all suffer guilt-by-association to some extent. At least discussing it gives us the opportunity to think about that.

And yes, well done Biscuit, possibly the longest 'joke' in NSC history. Boom Boom (oops!).

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN said:
I find it therefore quite offensive to be called a christian. I do not wish to associated with a crusade that has tortured and killed millions!

More than that, what is the point of ANYONE calling themselves by a religious heading, if they then do not represent the supposed religion they named? An unforgiving 'Christian' is, imho only more of a c*** for their hypocrisy.
I am forever confused by anyone calling themselves by a religion that they were 'born as' - like they are a nation behaving as a doctrine? More hypocrisy, and rendering their supposed religion a worthless title that is tainted by one more c*** who says they represent it.

Ghaa, the whole thing makes me want to throw up.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
London Irish said:
No I wouldn't, because while on the face of it such security targeting seems a matter of common sense, it has unintended consequences that people like you don't think about. The main source of security informantion on bombers comes from within the Muslim community itself, that was how the recent plane bomber threat was foiled. If you introduce a discriminatory security threat policy that targets just Muslims, or anyone with brown faces like Brazilian electriciams for example, then many security experts believe that the resultant bad publicity will make co-operation with the Muslim community far harder and our police service will get less leads given to them. This concern is expressed by all the senior Muslim police officers in Britain. They know their stuff, they know what they are talking about.

As usual, LI, you are putting words in people's mouths. You don't know me, how do you know what I think about? And where have I said I would support such security targeting? Nowhere. I was just making the point that I knew you wouldn't support this, yet you are saying that veiled women are OK to hide their indentity because they are unlikely to commit a crime. Personally, I think I am unlikely to commit a crime, but I couldn't go into a bank wearing a balaclava, could I?
:salute:

Wozza said:
Well how would you like it if every hunt for a local paedophile (you know, 99% white and male) started at your house, Commando?

See above. And how do you know I am white and male?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
London Irish said:
I'm a bit fickle actually, I've already moved on to fantasise about peeling off the many layers of the Respect Party's leading Muslim leftwing firebrand Salma Yaqoob :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

salmayaqoobuj9.jpg

Weirdo. Big nose, horrible teeth.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Wozza said:
Oh, I made an assumption based on the limited facts before me, and the enviroment you're in.

You know, just like the Police do.

Well you're wrong. He're is a picture of me in the pub nefore the recent home game against Northampton:

lady.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here