Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A moan (shock! horror!)

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
2) "drinking pints of sherry, Calderon" - sorry, but that's not funny. There's lots of chants you could fit "inigo" or "calderon" to, instead of making a mess of an old but genuinely good song about mcghee.
!

The worst thing about that is that its meant to be to the tune of "Let It Be" but its totally the wrong key. Most of those people I've heard chant it need to listen to Let It Be again!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Frankly this is all a bit silly - short of songsheets and choir practice before the game ("tenors, you're starting it a bit high ... right, from the top, after four"), new songs and chants are always going to be a bit hit and miss. Some you'll like, some you won't - at least 1300 Albion fans were making a noise and getting behind the team.

That said, would definitely agree re GOSBTS - works much better slower and it IS pretty much our only original tune ...

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
In fairness, I thought the Southend 'singing section' was very similar to our very own H block with the addition of a drum! Because of this too, I thought the songs they came out with were ten times worse than ours, for example:

'We're having a party, when we go down' - Why would you have a party when you're going down? Where's the BOOING, the demanding of the manager's head and the 'You're not fit to wear the shirt' ? :angry:

'We're going down, but we're not gay' - Yes, because we're staying up but we have to LIVE with the fact that everyone of us are homosexual. You've definitely got the better end of the stick there, Southend fans.

'Down on your boyfriend, you're going down on your boyfriend'
'Que sera, sera, whatever will be will be, we're going to Shrewsbury, que sera, sera' - Both unoriginal and shit. Bunch of mongs.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
You're a total twat.

The fans know when they are taking the piss. Everyone knew we weren't going to relegate Southend today but it was a good laugh to wind them up.

What are you moaning about. Albion fans enjoying a good day out. That's all it was. Stop being a moaning wanker. If you don't like it just f*** off and support someone else.

exactly :clap:

someone takes this a little to seriously. WW why don't you create booklets with some songs in and what minuites we're aloud to sing them in. hopefully lots of them have some form of crescendo to create a build of excitement :p
anything else you may want to analyse? like the pitch of the singing? haha such a woman

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The worst thing about that is that its meant to be to the tune of "Let It Be" but its totally the wrong key. Most of those people I've heard chant it need to listen to Let It Be again!

Either you don't know a huge amount about music or you have perfect pitch - which is it?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
What are you suggesting? Have a Chant Factor contest in front of a panel of WW, Mendoza and Ernest?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not going to complain about the match today, I'd happily take 46 fairly dull 1-0 wins next season!!!!!!!!

BUT

Our fans today.

ABSOLUTE PLEBS.

1) "down in 5 minutes" "down in 4 minutes" etc, etc. No, they aren't. f***ing MONGS. Can't they do simple maths?

2) "drinking pints of sherry, Calderon" - sorry, but that's not funny. There's lots of chants you could fit "inigo" or "calderon" to, instead of making a mess of an old but genuinely good song about mcghee.

3) Arismendi songs. Er, Navarro and Dicker have played all season. How about singing their name, rather than a bloke who has come in for the last handful of games?

4) Glenn Murray. Yeah ok, he didn't have much service today, and didn't do anything wrong. I love glenn Murray, but there is no need to go balistic every time he touches the ball. Goons.

5) Sussex by the sea. Slow the f*** down - all that saliva obstructed my view of the game.

6) We're the left side/right side. Er, that's boring now. No need to do it at every sodding game since MK Dons last season.

Think that's all. Basically, today was like H block on a grander scale. Full of morons.

Good noise, just a shame about some of the utter SHIT being sung.

:clap:

I look forward to all the replies calling me a twat from people who actually agree with what i've said!

can't disagree with that to be honest

as for a navarro song - I've been thinking

[yt]U4k6wQd-UZM[/yt]

OOOH ALAN NAVARROOOOO , OOOH ALAN NAVARRROOOO

*ok back to drawing board*

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As far as chants and atmosphere goes from yesterday.......

I particularly liked the reaction of their keeper to our chants of " Dodgy keeper ! " just before the second half kicked off.

Not entirely original I know, but superb bit of theatre from him nonetheless, for which he rightly received a round of applause from us :clap:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Not going to complain about the match today, I'd happily take 46 fairly dull 1-0 wins next season!!!!!!!!

BUT

Our fans today.

ABSOLUTE PLEBS.

1) "down in 5 minutes" "down in 4 minutes" etc, etc. No, they aren't. f***ing MONGS. Can't they do simple maths?

3) Arismendi songs. Er, Navarro and Dicker have played all season. How about singing their name, rather than a bloke who has come in for the last handful of games?

4) Glenn Murray. Yeah ok, he didn't have much service today, and didn't do anything wrong. I love glenn Murray, but there is no need to go balistic every time he touches the ball. Goons.

5) Sussex by the sea. Slow the f*** down - all that saliva obstructed my view of the game.

6) We're the left side/right side. Er, that's boring now. No need to do it at every sodding game since MK Dons last season.

Think that's all. Basically, today was like H block on a grander scale. Full of morons.

Good noise, just a shame about some of the utter SHIT being sung.

:clap:

I look forward to all the replies calling me a twat from people who actually agree with what i've said!

Completely disagree with everything you've said there.

We did effectively send them down, even if not mathematically, and it was only a bit of banter. I actually thought that was quite funny.

What's wrong about singing a players name, no matter how long they've been here for? It's called support and is designed to lift the player, what a ridiculous comment.

We can sing Murray's name as much as we like.

Nothing wrong with the speed of Sussex By the Sea in my opinion, my least favourite chant at the moment is when Spurs sing "when the Spurs go marching in" really slowly. I think it sounds rubbish.

The left side/ right side chant does get a little repetitive but at least it gets an atmosphere going.

As far as your last comment is concerned, I actually think you believe that most people agree with you but choose to slag you off because it is the done thing on NSC, this is not the case. I have never moaned at you before but this is taking negativity to a whole new level.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Nothing wrong with the speed of Sussex By the Sea in my opinion, my least favourite chant at the moment is when Spurs sing "when the Spurs go marching in" really slowly. I think it sounds rubbish.

I think you are very much in a minority there. When sung fast it sounds completly tuneless.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
palace were praised by the derby fans for being so loud

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Frankly this is all a bit silly - short of songsheets ...

Went to a few A-League games following Sydney FC this season, and this is exactly what they did. And it worked. Two guys with megaphones leading the chants, non-stop songs for 90 minutes, and the atmosphere was fantastic. Oh, and they pretty well this year.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
In the absence of any original thought from our ' away choir '...can I suggest the following for Inigo ( to the tune of ' Scottish Soldier '...by Andy Stewart )

"There was a Spaniard, a Spanish full-back....
Who came from Deportivo....
How did they let him go...
He plays at right back....
And goes on the attack...
His name is Inigo Calderon.....

He's seen the glory
He's told the story
Of battles glorious and deeds victorious
But now he's at Brighton
And set to frighten
On the green fields of our home.

And these green fields are not Stockport fields
Or the Wycombe fields
They're not Southend fields
And fair as these green Rochdale fields may be
They are not the fields of the Championship. "

There are another 4 verses but you get the idea...( yes, I know...bit wordy, lacking punch and f...kng terrible...but everything has to start somewhere....)

Why not just 'Inigo, Inigo,,,etc' to the tune of 'Here we go' but finishing with a resounding 'Calderon' inbstead of the final 'here we go-ooh'?'

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
R.E GOSBTS:

If you sing it alone (how most chants start) it sounds better sung fast. A bloke whos pissed at football singing a big low chang of SBTS doesn't sound good or get anything going. IN a group sussex by the sea sung slowly is great but its harder to get going. Plus we need verses, singing somthing as short as

"good old sussex by the sea, good old sussex by the sea cos were going up AND we'll win teh cup for sussex by the sea"

is going to be sung quickly. as for the rest of the points. Piss off. Its noise, its fun, its a laugh, piss off and stop being such a f***ing ponce.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Oh and whilst I think about it I hate:

• There's no one there, there's no one there
  • and the 'Shit on the Palace scum'

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
R.E GOSBTS:

If you sing it alone (how most chants start) it sounds better sung fast. A bloke whos pissed at football singing a big low chang of SBTS doesn't sound good or get anything going. IN a group sussex by the sea sung slowly is great but its harder to get going. Plus we need verses, singing somthing as short as

"good old sussex by the sea, good old sussex by the sea cos were going up AND we'll win teh cup for sussex by the sea"

is going to be sung quickly. as for the rest of the points. Piss off. Its noise, its fun, its a laugh, piss off and stop being such a f***ing ponce.

Sing it really slow but not as slow as Spurs sing 'when the spurs'.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Why not just 'Inigo, Inigo,,,etc' to the tune of 'Here we go' but finishing with a resounding 'Calderon' inbstead of the final 'here we go-ooh'?'

Or I. N. IGO! I. N. IGO! I. N. IGO AND INIGO WAS HIS NAME-OH!

And from there its easy to fit verces. Such as:

There was a man he had long hair and Inigo was his name-oh!
I. N. IGO! I. N. IGO! I. N. IGO AND INIGO WAS HIS NAME-OH!
There was a man he was so flair and Inigo was his name-oh!
There was a man who we all love and Inigo was his name-oh!

You can make them up as you go along.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here