Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A moan (shock! horror!)

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Just because he has a foreign sounding name doesn't mean we can start basing songs around players' first names - horrible! Although I'm going to contradict myself now and say that the Inigo to the tune of 'here we go' would make me laugh and would probably be quite a fun chant!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Just because he has a foreign sounding name doesn't mean we can start basing songs around players' first names - horrible! Although I'm going to contradict myself now and say that the Inigo to the tune of 'here we go' would make me laugh and would probably be quite a fun chant!

Thanks!

:clap2:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Problem is though, to the home fans it would just sound like we were singing "Here we go, here we go...", which would make us sound like dickheads!

I take your point but surely if we clearly enunciated the word 'CALDERON' loudly and resoundingly that would make a diffeence.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Problem is though, to the home fans it would just sound like we were singing "Here we go, here we go...", which would make us sound like dickheads!

Which is why mines better :wink:

And whats wrong with having a song for a flair man with a flair name?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
In fairness, I thought the Southend 'singing section' was very similar to our very own H block with the addition of a drum! Because of this too, I thought the songs they came out with were ten times worse than ours, for example:

'We're having a party, when we go down' - Why would you have a party when you're going down? Where's the BOOING, the demanding of the manager's head and the 'You're not fit to wear the shirt' ? :angry:

'We're going down, but we're not gay' - Yes, because we're staying up but we have to LIVE with the fact that everyone of us are homosexual. You've definitely got the better end of the stick there, Southend fans.

'Down on your boyfriend, you're going down on your boyfriend'
'Que sera, sera, whatever will be will be, we're going to Shrewsbury, que sera, sera' - Both unoriginal and shit. Bunch of mongs.
Were you in the he
end????
I have quite good hearing but couldn hear any of their songs.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
To the tune of the animals went in two by two, or the fernando torres song...

The man's a left mids worst nightmare calderon, calderon..
supporters thinks he's fooking flair calderon, calderon
We got the lad from sunny spain..
down the right he bombs again inigo calderon brightons number ...

Just thought of quickly, but i'll agree we need something different.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
To the tune of the animals went in two by two, or the fernando torres song...

The man's a left mids worst nightmare calderon, calderon..
supporters thinks he's fooking flair calderon, calderon
We got the lad from sunny spain..
down the right he bombs again inigo calderon brightons number ...

Just thought of quickly, but i'll agree we need something different.

Yes that will work - all we have to do is change the song to accomadate all the extra syllables!

Anyway, songs like that won't work because they're FAR too wordy!

There was an old man from Japan
Whose poetry never would scan
When asked reason why,
he replied with a sigh
"Well you see it's like this, it's because I always try and fit as many words into the last line as I possibly can".

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
My nine year old son loves listening to the songs but can get the wrong end of the stick (thankfully). For example, for years he thought fans were singing ' the referee's a wake-up!' but now has worked it out. On Saturday he turned to me and said ' they should sing ' the ref ate all the pies'. Quality!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here