Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A message from Tommy Fraiser...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I bumped into Tommy Fraiser earlier tonight after dinner and he was very open with me about being released from Brighton.

Aparantly he was promised a new contract after the season had finished, he was never told that he was a posibility to be released and he is GUTTED that he isnt a Brighton player anymore.

And probably most shockingly, he has been offered a contract by...

PALACE!!!!!

And he said he is probably going to accept it!!!

He said he is devistated that he cant play for Brighton but money is money and like many un-employed he has to take what work there is!

He said that the support he got from some Brighton fans was great but he also reads NSC and couldnt understand why people were slagging him off for doing whatbthe manager asked him to over the years!

In thaught (like many) that he was possibly a mistake being released and after my chat tonight Im 100% sure that he bkeeds Blue and White and he is guenilt GUTTED to be released!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
But so many on here act and write as if they don't. You wouldn't treat your worst enemies the way some people on here treat some of our own players. Never understood it myself. If they wear the stripes, I'll back them all the way. I always thought that was what a fan did.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
People who say that NSC has no effect on the players/management are clearly wrong and here's some apparent evidence. Of course it has an effect - it affects those that read it.

Something I'll try to remember next season.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But so many on here act and write as if they don't. You wouldn't treat your worst enemies the way some people on here treat some of our own players. Never understood it myself. If they wear the stripes, I'll back them all the way. I always thought that was what a fan did.

I agree with this partly. I'm not sure it applies to players like Leon Knight whose attitude stank, I think fans have every right to complain about that.

But I could never understand the hostility shown to honest pros like Tommy Fraser or Doug Loft. And I especially couldn't understand the hostility to someone like Kerry Mayo who served this club faithfully for 13 years.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
FRASER. I'll be surprised if he get's anything higher than 4th division football.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

FRASER. I'll be surprised if he get's anything higher than 4th division football.

Keep up Doug it's now lge 2.

i disagree with you on young Tommy as he is a grafter and drove the team on IMO a young Oatway with more ability is how i see the lad.

I too was gutted to see him and hinsh released i wish them the best of luck and sure they will still both make it in league football if they don't give up - i pretty sure that quality is instilled in both of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sorry, are seriously trying to suggest that a player, universally recognised as "nice lad, tries hard but in the end a bit crap" at league 1, has been released and then offered a contract with a Championship side?

i thought there was a new rule about posting bollocks ???

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
should have been given another season in my view. showed plenty of promise - i think he's more of a passing midfielder than a grafter or at least would have developed into that if given time... and another contract!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Shows more about the arrogance of the man if he thinks someone should have warned him he might be released. Shame he reads Nsc though, i think he's shit but i don't want him to know about it. Can't believe you think he was being serious about palace jenkins.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

totally agree with you Juan, so maybe people will lay off the likes of Adam El Abd, a player who may not be blessed with the silky skills of some premiership players but does always give his all, whatever position the manager decides to play him in.

Jonny Dixon, a young lad who previously didnt make the grade in league football, did reasonably well in non-league with Aldershot and got another chance with Brighton, probably a bit unsure of whether he can do it at this level and maybe when he has played is so full of nerves that his performance isnt quite reaching the potential that he is supposed to have.

There are many many more examples and im not going to go through them all but until Russell Slade decides, sorry son but your just not gonna make it, GET OFF THERE BACKS, these are Brighton players for f*** sake!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I agree. Some of NSC would show more respect to a dog than some of our young lads who are still learning their trade.

However I also think some take more than a little pleasure in putting the boot in.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Shows more about the arrogance of the man if he thinks someone should have warned him he might be released. Shame he reads Nsc though, i think he's shit but i don't want him to know about it. Can't believe you think he was being serious about palace jenkins.

Arrogance ... what arrogance. It appears he was given the nod over a new contract at the end of the season, this didn't happen and so he's really pissed off. What is arrogant about that!!! I'd be livid!

You think he's shit but didn't want him to know, so why post it on here!!?

Do you get some perverted gratification out of posting crap on here, or is it down to being a knob?

Usual crap from you. And you "think he's shit but i don't want him to know about it" knowing that he reads NSC eh? You are just a f***ing twat, frankly.

Anyway, he played really well in the last games, solid midfield work and bothering oppositions, exemplary for the rest of the players too. His skill as a player was, in my estimation growing - and for that reason alone I was surprised he was let go of.
He had an excellent last match - that very important game for us - and I told him so. The press must have agreed because they were readying to interview the lad after that game.

One thing every team needs are a couple of local lads with passion for the club. Some of NSC yack it up about LYNCH as if his 'talent' is growing and what a loss he is to Brighton and Hove Albion - then demean a more useful player who we could see improving, and who lived The Albion.

I would wish Lynch could have gone to palace, but not Fraser.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I said on here somewhere that Palace were sniffing after Tommy MONTHS, literally YONKS ago.

A class player who is one of few at this level who is capable of playing to instructions.

I spoke to Dean Wilkins once and he could not praise Fraser highly enough.

Mistake to release.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here