Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A manager should be above arguing with the supporters

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
McGhee does seem to have a problem rising above a bit of criticism from the crowd. His time could certainly be better spent directing his vitriol at his team.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I think Sheebo was down there but may have gone before Mcghee started. He also told Eastlondon seagull to shut up during the first half much to my amusement:lolol:

Oct 25, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
That's what winds me up. He has stood there week after week at Withdean, completely motionless, while before him his team turn in pathetic performance after pathetic performance. 4 home wins out of 21 says it all - and he hasn't showed a bit of passion in one of them.

Then, as soon as the crowd start having a go at him, he's suddenly got loads to say and plenty of fight. Why can't he give the PLAYERS the bollocking which is so deserved?

correct

use your PASSION in the right places you fat prick

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
i'll take charge of the team for the last few games if you want

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
McGhee was calling the bloke a "f***ing wanker" for DARING to call him useless!
Leon Knight was forced to leave for less than that...

Get Magoo shipped out now DK! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Fragmented Badger said:
Ooh someone who actually heard what he said - what else do you know about Mr McGhee's selection of language this afternoon then, BAG?

That it wasn't very pretty!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Not good with criticism, our MM.

I know it must be frustrating having no resources, no ground, no bottomless pot of cash, and it must be even worse when people put all the blame at his door.

I feel sorry for him, but not to the extent that he should still be on the touchlines. I feel that he should be given credit for trying to stick with it, and make the best of a bad job, but he needs to be nipping across to the job centre before much longer. If he's quick, he will be able to get his name badge and get a couple of stars on it before Christmas.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
There were some dubious descisions by the ref today, but McGhee and Booker just seemed to stand there and not say a word, or even look like they cared. I am begining to think its about time we thought about getting rid of him, I could take going down and losing if the players showed some passion, how can they be expected to show any if the management team couldn't care.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
4 times he argued with the supporters today. No matter what the provocation a manager should be above this. It sends a very bad message to the team, if the manager is not composed and in control what hope is there for those below him?

McGhee should walk, he has lost it.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Depends what he said. If he told the fans to stop moaning and start SUPPORTING THE TEAM then good on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here