Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Think yourself lucky el Abd didn't jump in the crowd

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
peter clarke would sort him out.

on a side note - el abd is quite short for a centre back isn't he!?

Would u like to see a pic of his thigh 2 1/2 weeks ago?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Size isn't everything so my wife keeps telling me

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
We as a club going to get comments like this all the time now as we top of the league and everyone is gunning for us, but we should have got something out of the game vs Huddersfield, if Murray had scored penalty we could have been 2-0 up and game over.
I think Garner dived and thats cheating as much as Ankergren time wasting is bad sport, but what team doesnt time waste, i bet if you went 1-0 up vs us at Withdean your keeper will do the same.
But i personally think that Huddersfield will be with us at the top, i think Wood isnt the answer and we lacking a goalscorer if we can get this we will win the league.
On a positive we have now played Huddersfield, Peterboro, Southampton, Charlton, Sheff Wed, Swindon and Carlisle away so got rid of some very tough away games.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I quite enjoy Ankergren keeping on to the ball as much as possible.

Quite often both centre forwards came for the ball meaning our 4 defenders were in space 40 yards up the pitch. Some might see it as time wasting, but the ball is still in play so if their players can't be bothered to chase it down then tough luck.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Agree with most of that. I thought our pen was soft, Muzza does know how to go down, though to be fair winning a penalty for us this season is taking away a goal rather than giving us one given our APPALLING record at hitting the onion bag from 12 yards.

Given that Muzza was goal side of Clarke, it was either a penalty + a red OR a yellow for Murray for diving, the referee fudged it.

Garner's dives were very poor though, he needs to go back to acting school for them.

I thought your fans were pretty vocal throughout, we had a big turnout (864) which for a match two weeks before Christmas was good, but I thought we were quite quiet.

Galpharm is a great stadium, I think the return match could be a cracker, our final one at Withers, let's hope there's not too much to play for and both sides are up by then.

Whther the defender got a slither of the ball or not how can anyone be surprised or pissed off at a pen being given? It was a best a clumsy and pathetically stupid tackle to make from behind in the box. that said, I agree with the yellow rather than red as there was cover. garder should have been off for multiple simulation though; really quite embarrassing.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Watched the highlights just now. Murray antics after your penalty were deplorable,waving at the Linesman demanding a card. That is not the Albion way is it?

Why would he wave at the linesman demanding a card? It looked to me like he was waving an imaginary flag.. i.e. the linesman didn't flag for the penalty.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
ANKERGREN - for any of you that made the long trip must have been slightly pissed off with him, time wasting from the first minute?

For the third time today he's not timewasting, it's just our style of play. Some dickheads at withdean do get pissed off that we don't lump the ball forwards at every opportunity, but the majority are happy with a style that has taken a team from relegation candidates to league leaders in less than a year.

ArfieldGood

Dec 10, 2010
Huddersfield
Soz, another Town fan here. Thought it was an even game. If the Pen goes in i think you would've gone on to win it. Not the best Penalty but if Smithies goes the wrong way it looks great! Obviously i'm delighted we battled back from 1 0 down but questions have to be asked how someone like Jordan Rhodes can have so much space from 6 yards out for the first. I'd like to apologise for Joe Garner's antics. You're lucky though I need to watch him every week with his pathetic diving which normally results in him losing possession for being a cheating tit (i'm not a fan by the way!!). As for the whole Clark/Poyet thing, they were caught up in the game, things get said and it'll all be forgotten in a couple of weeks. Happens up and down the country every Sat. No big deal really. All in all a good game, could've gone either way, decent atmoshpere and i'm sure we'll both be up there come the end of the season.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
what I saw of it last night on the box and the commentary on player it was a good game and could have gone either way.
Gus wears his heart on his sleeve and it makes a change for us to get a passionate manager who maybe does go a little to farbut its very entertaining.
hope the last game at Withers is as good and we both have by then wrapped up the 1st and 2nd place between us in which case I will be so pissed I won't care if its a boring 0-0 draw
just a little aside both the Albion and Hudds looked championship on the box last night.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
htfc you talk a lot of sense and fair play to you.

Ankergren's time wasting drives me mad, but so did our previous keeper's and everyone's keeper when they are away from home and not winning. I would gurantee that your bloke will do the same before they go behind at Withdean in April.

However, did you not think it was equally unsporting that the multi ball system was double quick getting the ball back to the terriers right up until seven minutes from the end, when suddenly it stopped ?

Poyet got one thing totally spot on. Whoever makes out they are the good guys and its only everyone else who cheats is a fcuking hypcrite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here